Educational

Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126495 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #3645 on: October 06, 2011, 08:08:43 AM »
He was using the usual line.  None of us are really autistic, we just use the word to justify our social deficits.  More AS bashing.   :yawn:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3646 on: October 07, 2011, 01:34:34 AM »
Has there ever been a medical diagnosis for NTism? :autism:

Osensitive1

« Reply #3647 on: October 07, 2011, 08:34:35 PM »

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3648 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »
Somehow, I just don't think we're so different anymore.

Osensitive1

« Reply #3649 on: October 07, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »
:laugh:

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3650 on: October 08, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »
im medically diagnosed! SUCK IT BITCHES IM BETTER THAN YOU! *cough*..l i mean... were all friends here so it dosnt matter right?...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3651 on: October 08, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »
im medically diagnosed! SUCK IT BITCHES IM BETTER THAN YOU! *cough*..l i mean... were all friends here so it dosnt matter right?...

Me too. Medically diagnosed spazz
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3652 on: October 08, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »

Medically diagnosed? What does that even mean?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3653 on: October 08, 2011, 11:20:07 AM »
I don't know if I'm officially dx'd, or unofficially dx'd. As soon as my parents were told I was aspie, they stopped me from having any more tests done. They went into denial.

My old doctor knew I was aspie, but I don't know if it's on my medical records.

I have no idea what else might be wrong with me. The shrinks weren't given the chance to find out. I do believe that there is something else that I haven't been dx'd with though.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3654 on: October 08, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
Oh THAT's what it means.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3655 on: October 08, 2011, 11:21:36 AM »
I don't know if I'm officially dx'd, or unofficially dx'd. As soon as my parents were told I was aspie, they stopped me from having any more tests done. They went into denial.

I have no idea what else might be wrong with me. The shrinks weren't given the chance to find out. I do believe that there is something else that I haven't been dx'd with though.

Now that you are an adult with financial means, might you seek further information?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3656 on: October 08, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »

Now that you are an adult with financial means, might you seek further information?   :orly:

I very much doubt it. I'm not sure it could possibly improve anything for me. If I ever did seek further information, it would only be to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm pretty sure that whatever is wrong with me is not fixable, so I don't see the point ingoing to great trouble to find out. I certainly don't want to get involved with having therapy.

Also, I'm not sure I really want my fucked-upness to be official. I'd probably prefer to find out that my AS diagnosis was never official, and not on my records. I don't really want any other issues made official.

I would be quite interested to know what all is wrong with me, but it's not worth having to have all that stuff on my records.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3657 on: October 08, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »

I very much doubt it. I'm not sure it could possibly improve anything for me. If I ever did seek further information, it would only be to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm pretty sure that whatever is wrong with me is not fixable, so I don't see the point ingoing to great trouble to find out. I certainly don't want to get involved with having therapy.

Also, I'm not sure I really want my fucked-upness to be official. I'd probably prefer to find out that my AS diagnosis was never official, and not on my records. I don't really want any other issues made official.

I would be quite interested to know what all is wrong with me, but it's not worth having to have all that stuff on my records.

I can see what you mean, maybe one day you will meet a professional who will discuss it off the record.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

eris

« Reply #3658 on: October 08, 2011, 12:34:37 PM »

Doctors never had the opportunity to properly DX me either. I saw a doc ONE time when i was about 10 because I wouldnt talk to most people. This was before the asperger DX was used often, may have not even been official yet. The doctor told my parents I needed to be tested for stuff but all they did was take me to the doctor one time when the school told them to. I learned in life that if I didnt want someone to scream in my face that I would have to open my mouth and answer them.

One of these days I'll get DX'ed as as adult.  I only briefly saw one then too, and never even talked about shit.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3659 on: October 08, 2011, 12:39:35 PM »

I got an official diagnosis only about four or five years ago.