Educational

Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126477 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #3585 on: October 04, 2011, 04:36:37 AM »
Welcome back.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #3586 on: October 04, 2011, 05:05:18 AM »
Welcome back, Jimmy Hopkins..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #3587 on: October 04, 2011, 05:14:13 AM »
PPK: I never said you weren't a good friend. Obviously a misunderstanding there somewhere. Oh well.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3588 on: October 04, 2011, 07:01:38 AM »
Hi, back again. While some might say "wow, I knew he couldn't keep his word", I'm just saying that I'm back under my own conditions. And one of these conditions is that people take me for who I am and not try to change me. Quirks and all, that's me. I apologise to the rest of the board for the shit that went down in the meltdown, but I still have reservations with one or two. Nevermind, we can't all get along.

Anyway, let's make the most of everything, OK?

Sorry mate but your own conditions are your own.

No one is under any obligations here to follow anyone's imposed conditions.

Our greatest benefit here perhaps is the ability of unrestricted, unrestrained, unmoderated, freedom to be able to say what we want and as long as we do not seek to hurt the forum, we are free to act and behave and say what and how we like.

The biggest drawback naturally is the flipside of this and that is that others can do the same, regardless of what we would "like" them to do.

Integral to these freedoms is a demand to back yourself and your claims and your stances.

I for one understand meltdowns. I understand the inability to articulate and think rationally in the midst of a meltdown. I do not meltdown online, true, but I am not a stranger to meltdowns and neither are many here, I would imagine. That said, it does not diminsih the responsbility for what one says in grief or anger or in full meltdown. It may delay the ability to recognise the effect or to rationally appreciate the implications but does not take away what was said nor the effect of what was said.

I like you. I always have and so i would hope that you would not expect that you would dismiss the relevance of what you said any more than the relevance of what was said to you. I would hope you would not seek to make demands of members and yet seek to have members not make demands of you.

No fairness here.

More than that, I really hope you are not here to denounce any responsibility for anything you said whilst seeking to fan the embers of disagreements for which you may want back up or support when they turn into a fire.

I like you here and I like your posting. i don't like seeing you work yourself into a position where you incite others into arguing vehemently against you and driving yourself into meltdown. I hope that doesn't happen. For the people involved. The people who like you, seeing you in meltdown mode. For the board in general.

But also ....and this is important...for you.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #3589 on: October 04, 2011, 08:02:22 AM »
Sir_Les: I don't expect any different than would be given any other member. I was just saying that I cannot change who I am,  and to be accepted for who I am, foibles and all, is all I ask. I don't want to actively seek confrontations, nor do I want to meekly surrender to what others expect because of differences in opinion etc. You are right, I2 is not meant to be a nursery, and it's one reason why I joined. I'm not putting demands on people with my 'conditions', all I'm asking for is to be who I am without needing to change and be a hypocrite to myself. I hope you  and everyone can understand this.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3590 on: October 04, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »
Hi, back again. While some might say "wow, I knew he couldn't keep his word", I'm just saying that I'm back under my own conditions. And one of these conditions is that people take me for who I am and not try to change me. Quirks and all, that's me. I apologise to the rest of the board for the shit that went down in the meltdown, but I still have reservations with one or two. Nevermind, we can't all get along.

"Your own conditions" are conditions that you intend to try and enforce on other people?  Why do you think this will go any better than last time?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #3591 on: October 04, 2011, 08:14:59 AM »

"Your own conditions" are conditions that you intend to try and enforce on other people?  Why do you think this will go any better than last time?

Don't expect others to really do anything but accept me for myself. Nobody expects any different of anyone else, so surely I could be afforded the same. If people are meant to say what they want, then that shoulld cut both ways. And a little understanding in the meantime wouldn't hurt now, would it?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3592 on: October 04, 2011, 08:16:54 AM »

Don't expect others to really do anything but accept me for myself. Nobody expects any different of anyone else, so surely I could be afforded the same. If people are meant to say what they want, then that shoulld cut both ways. And a little understanding in the meantime wouldn't hurt now, would it?

I don't expect anyone to accept me.  If I did, and certainly if I asked for it, I would be opening myself up for ridicule and attack.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #3593 on: October 04, 2011, 08:23:57 AM »
That's what's different between us, you do wtf you think is right for you, and I'll do what I think is right for me. Fair enough?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3594 on: October 04, 2011, 08:29:31 AM »
That's what's different between us, you do wtf you think is right for you, and I'll do what I think is right for me. Fair enough?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3595 on: October 04, 2011, 08:32:33 AM »

Oh Fuck!!!   :thumbdn:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #3596 on: October 04, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »

Oh Fuck!!!   :thumbdn:

:agreed:

Here we go again.  :thumbdn:  :facepalm2: :brickwall:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #3597 on: October 04, 2011, 08:37:36 AM »
Fuck off MLA.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3598 on: October 04, 2011, 08:38:03 AM »

Right Squiddy.  You never do the same thing twice.  You are a bastion of originality and rationality amongst a sea of hysteria.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #3599 on: October 04, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »

Right Squiddy.  You never do the same thing twice.  You are a bastion of originality and rationality amongst a sea of hysteria.

Am I saying anything about that?

Or am I referring to Butterflies , you and Scrap and TCO all duking it out across the whole forum?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.