Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126490 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #3525 on: September 26, 2011, 06:45:57 PM »
Physically blocking words from your screen because you can't just block them with your mind is  :viking:
It stinks members can't tell who's ignoring them anymore with the new format.

I was just about to ask if there was some way to tell if someone was ignoring us. I didnt think so but I swear I read someone say "Is that why you are ignoring me" or something like that, implying that they knew they were being ignored. Thanks for inadvertently answering my question, lol

You used to be able to

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #3526 on: September 26, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »
It must make you sleep easier knowing that your dormant account at a site that you don't intend to visit is blocking all the words that make you feel sad.

I don't block people when they make me feel sad...

eris

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #3528 on: September 26, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
You still here?

No.

???

I understand now, she's a Schrödinger's User. :toporly:

However the superposition is supposed to collapse into one definite state of staying or leaving upon observation though. :-\
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

eris

« Reply #3529 on: September 27, 2011, 01:32:55 AM »
You still here?

No.

???

I understand now, she's a Schrödinger's User. :toporly:

However the superposition is supposed to collapse into one definite state of staying or leaving upon observation though. :-\

I think you just made my brain explode.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3530 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:14 AM »
Hate it when that happens  :autism:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3531 on: September 27, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »
I don't see a need for you to go away for a year over this.

Oh that wasn't what I had in mind...I thought perhaps I would just stop coming here at all. I don't fit in, I don't like much of the group dynamic and I don't need to be here...

Not being here seems like the only sensible choice really. :)

I dropped in to check something out and someone noticed and I just didn't like to be around without saying "Hello" that's all.

I was perfectly happy to totally ignore Odeon without a further word for the very occasional times I drop in here. He pushed me for a reason so I gave him the only one I could...the truth...perhaps in rather more detail and/or more harshly than I would have done if I hadn't had a hangover, but still the only truth that will ever be in my head.

Having seen everything else this past week or so, knowing I am probably worn out and vulnerable he want to turn me into the target of a feeding frenzy and I am not going to play...

That's all there is to it...

I honestly do not even remember exactly when I set him to ignore...it might even have been over posts aimed at someone else (it's more likely actually). All I know for sure is the impression of him that caused me to do it (which he has set in stone by his behaviour today) and the fact that I did not know until later that it was his board and was quite surprised when I found out.

After I did there was no question of me spending any significant time here, that would just be wrong, and I had no intention of making a deal of it and, to be honest, it's not very likely I would ever have spent much time here otherwise either.

I am not a people person, and I have more social demands on my time, online and off that I am actually comfortable with already. In case you haven't noticed, and appearance I make on any board is pretty objective and impersonal.

This is not a situation that either can, or needs to be, resolved...

...and i am not the kind of masochistic fool who is going to let Odeon use me as a punchbag for luls...that's just the way it is.

Let's see...you say I'm a "negative", a harmful person, etc, and when I ask you to back that up, you refuse, basically saying that no, that's not the kind of thing you do, but insist that yes, I'm evil and you will not change your opinion of me. When I refuse to simply accept that, asking you to either back it up or take it back, I have "set my behaviour in stone".

You may not be masochistic but you are a fool.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3532 on: September 27, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »
Only reason I can see you at all is because the board format has changed and I haven't found the ignore button...not yet.
Ignore button is gone. Have to go to profile/account settings/modify profile/buddies-ignore list and add the name manually.

Thank you Jack...I always find that feature very relaxing...

It must make you sleep easier knowing that your dormant account at a site that you don't intend to visit is blocking all the words that make you feel sad.

I am tempted to disable that feature. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3533 on: September 27, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »
- insert Mechanima's latest goodbye here -

- Albert Einstein

eris

« Reply #3534 on: September 29, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »
Just thought I'd mention, I'm having computer issues, so I might disappear for several days. Or maybe not.

Don't worry ( or celebrate) I'll be back ;)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3535 on: September 29, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »
Just thought I'd mention, I'm having computer issues, so I might disappear for several days. Or maybe not.

Don't worry ( or celebrate) I'll be back ;)

Awww, get that computer straightened out and come back soon!  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3536 on: September 29, 2011, 10:08:35 PM »
I am tempted to disable that feature. :zoinks:

My how times have changed.  :lol:  :zoinks:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #3537 on: September 30, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »
I am back had some computer problems. Reformatted computer and took off a lot of stuff I don't use. Plus I went to a conference earlier this week too.
Guardian of the Empire

P7PSP

« Reply #3538 on: September 30, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »
Hi Leto.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3539 on: September 30, 2011, 11:33:36 PM »
I am back had some computer problems. Reformatted computer and took off a lot of stuff I don't use. Plus I went to a conference earlier this week too.

Welcome back, Leto729, check out my new smiley! :cbc:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"