Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126499 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #3480 on: September 26, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »
If I blocked you, I blocked you for a very good reason...

Ponder it :)

(I have 300 posts here? I need to get a LIFE!)

Was that a reply to MLA or to me? In any case, I'd say that you were being sensitive. It'll be interesting to see if you've grown a thicker one since.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3481 on: September 26, 2011, 02:53:49 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
i think Callaway will make an excellent teacher!

blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #3482 on: September 26, 2011, 02:57:21 AM »
Yes, she is sharp and usually calm. I like reading her old posts when she released her inner bitch more often.  :2thumbsup:

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #3483 on: September 26, 2011, 06:10:15 AM »

Was that a reply to MLA or to me? In any case, I'd say that you were being sensitive. It'll be interesting to see if you've grown a thicker one since.

I sincerely hope I haven't...

I ignore you because your whole attitude to life is cruelly misguided and bound to do someone who doesn't deserve it some serious damage some day, and whether it is deliberate on your part or not, it genuinely turns my stomach, to look at that - and it always will.

If you don't like that, it's your board, you can ban me for it, any time you like, but what you cannot do is get me to pretend to change who I am, and how I think to suit you. If you were really smart you might even recognise that I am older than you, and I have seen and experienced a lot more of life, and I might just have a point worth thinking about.

Only reason I can see you at all is because the board format has changed and I haven't found the ignore button...not yet.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3484 on: September 26, 2011, 06:23:21 AM »
Yes, she is sharp and usually calm. I like reading her old posts when she released her inner bitch more often.  :2thumbsup:

I like Callaway. I like seeing her in old threads, kind of sits back and stands unflinchingly quiet and composed, in the face of someone ranting, and then very delicately puts it to them that they are bullshitting. When they denounce it, she will quickly show them a stack of posts they have posted in the past that specifically contradict every word that have said.
Then when they stagger backwards and start to stammer a retort of some kind, she pulls off slowly and deliberatel,y her velvet  glove and straps on her boxing gloves.

The more fortunate are the ones who take the time she does, this to either run or bare their necks in supplication.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:09:27 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #3485 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »

I ignore you because your whole attitude to life is cruelly misguided and bound to do someone who doesn't deserve it some serious damage some day, and whether it is deliberate on your part or not, it genuinely turns my stomach, to look at that - and it always will.

If you don't like that, it's your board, you can ban me for it, any time you like, but what you cannot do is get me to pretend to change who I am, and how I think to suit you. If you were really smart you might even recognise that I am older than you, and I have seen and experienced a lot more of life, and I might just have a point worth thinking about.

Only reason I can see you at all is because the board format has changed and I haven't found the ignore button...not yet.
How is odeon cruelly misguided and likely to damage someone?
I am asking a serious question here Mechanima. He doesn't strike me as a harmful type person at all and I have met a few such people in my life.

I like Callaway. I like seeing her in old threads kind of sit back and stand unflinchingly quiet and composed in the face of someone ranting and then very delicately put it to them that they are bullshitting. When they denounce it she will quickly show them a stack of posts they have posted in the past that specifically contradict every word that have said.
Then when they stagger backwards and start to stammer a retort of some kind she pulls of slowly and deliberately her velted  glove and straps on her boxing gloves.

The more fortunte are the ones who take the time she does, this to either run or bare their necks in supplication.
Yes, the boxing glove posts are great.  :thumbup: :lol:

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #3486 on: September 26, 2011, 06:51:41 AM »
How is odeon cruelly misguided and likely to damage someone?
I am asking a serious question here Mechanima. He doesn't strike me as a harmful type person at all and I have met a few such people in my life.

Well, he strikes me that way very forcefully (though I see no reason to suppose it is conscious or deliberate)...I didn't say that to attack him, or score points off him, certainly not to attempt to change him (if it is possible to change people at all, I certainly do not have the ability to do it), but because it is the only honest answer I can give to his implied question. I have no doubts about it, so there would be no point in me involving myself in an argument about it either.

If you don't agree, you don't agree. I am not looking for converts to my thinking either.

I know arguing about these things is part of the way your community works, but it's not any part of how I work, and I am not, and never will be, part of your community either...I don't fit in here, and I wouldn't want to...not because there is anything wrong with y'all, but because I am not comfortable around people for often, or for long anywhere...

But I am also very fond of some of you, in my detached way, so sometimes I pop in and say "hi"...

If you think that is inappropriate, just say so, and I won't do it again.

PS. I will apologise for one thing though...thinking about it, I probably should have pm'ed that to Odeon...it's just an irrational idiosyncrasy of mine to avoid PM'ing people I want nothing to do with (it feels too like inviting them closer somehow to me? There is more distance in a public post in my mind)...and besides, I wouldn't imagine anything I said here would affect the way anyone else thought (Would it?) so, what harm? But if I was wrong about that I am genuinely sorry.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:56:49 AM by Mechanima »

P7PSP

« Reply #3487 on: September 26, 2011, 06:58:30 AM »
I am not going to call it inappropriate to state that as an opinion, especially given some of what we post here for kicks, but I would consider it better argumentation for you to put some links, 2 or 3 would do, empirically backing your claim.

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #3488 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:01 AM »
I am not going to call it inappropriate to state that as an opinion, especially given some of what we post here for kicks, but I would consider it better argumentation for you to put some links, 2 or 3 would do, empirically backing your claim.

Well I am not going to, because it is the only honest way *I* feel, and the only honest reason why *I* will always ignore Odeon...and it is irrevocable...and I am not going to make up some bullshit you would prefer instead, but I am not interested in persuading anyone else to share that feeling with me.

Apart from the fact that most of you have a very different perspective on life to me (which is a factor in why you have such a solid group, that I will never be part of, after all), and see things, and people, a very different way to me...doomed to failure or not...striving to "prove" that Odeon is a negative of some kind in the heart of his own community would be a tacky thing to do.

Or, to put in very small simple words, I know you would love to have a row about this, because that is *your* way, but I wouldn't because it isn't *mine* , so that's not going to be able to happen.

...and this is probably where I should take my leave for another year or so. When I realised you could see me logged in to pm I didn't want to act like you all weren't even worth saying "Hi" to...because that is not how I feel...but I am so incompatible with the group here (and most of the planet too) that even saying "Hi" is such a minefield...I'd probably better not do it again.

Sorry about that...and I mean really sorry...

P7PSP

« Reply #3489 on: September 26, 2011, 07:26:53 AM »
Okay. Au revoir. :eiffel:

BTW I do prefer honesty.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:28:46 AM by PPK »

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3490 on: September 26, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »

Well I am not going to, because it is the only honest way *I* feel, and the only honest reason why *I* will always ignore Odeon...and it is irrevocable...and I am not going to make up some bullshit you would prefer instead, but I am not interested in persuading anyone else to share that feeling with me.

Apart from the fact that most of you have a very different perspective on life to me (which is a factor in why you have such a solid group, that I will never be part of, after all), and see things, and people, a very different way to me...doomed to failure or not...striving to "prove" that Odeon is a negative of some kind in the heart of his own community would be a tacky thing to do.

Or, to put in very small simple words, I know you would love to have a row about this, because that is *your* way, but I wouldn't because it isn't *mine* , so that's not going to be able to happen.

...and this is probably where I should take my leave for another year or so. When I realised you could see me logged in to pm I didn't want to act like you all weren't even worth saying "Hi" to...because that is not how I feel...but I am so incompatible with the group here (and most of the planet too) that even saying "Hi" is such a minefield...I'd probably better not do it again.

Sorry about that...and I mean really sorry...

Well, you are the Warrior Princess after all. So you're entitled to think you're too unique and special for us "younger groupies".

Or maybe not.

Good luck either way.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3491 on: September 26, 2011, 08:25:20 AM »

It would be interesting to know what you base your accusations on. That I unlocked your locked thread when the discussion wasn't going your way? That you didn't bother to see what the fuss about Meadow was before judging? Because that is what you are great at, aren't you? Judging. After 300 posts and an occasional presence here, you think you know me, the others and board in general?

I have news for you. You don't. Do you honestly think I'd pay attention to you and your delusions rather than the people who can actually say to know me? I didn't think people drawing the age card were so narrow-minded and naive.

:yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #3492 on: September 26, 2011, 08:58:16 AM »
It would be interesting to know what you base your accusations on. That I unlocked your locked thread when the discussion wasn't going your way? That you didn't bother to see what the fuss about Meadow was before judging? Because that is what you are great at, aren't you? Judging. After 300 posts and an occasional presence here, you think you know me, the others and board in general?

I have news for you. You don't. Do you honestly think I'd pay attention to you and your delusions rather than the people who can actually say to know me? I didn't think people drawing the age card were so narrow-minded and naive.

:yawn:

I do not think I know you Odeon...that would be a ricidulously presumptive thing to think - I just know your whole attitude to life is cruelly misguided and bound to do someone who doesn't deserve it some serious damage some day, and I do not want to watch that, as is my right...just as figuring that out in your own time, or even not at all, is your right.

Perhaps I should have made up some old bullshit about you having BO or something instead, but I am never very good at bullshit. Doesn't really matter, you know I never really hang around anywhere anyway, so what difference does it make?

Incidentally, if memory serves me, I had you set to ignore LONG before that thread existed, let alone you unlocked it (I was just too weak to ignore your unlocking at the time)...it was never about any specific incident...my mind doesn't work that way.

Don't sweat it, I'm not sticking around and you can always use my multitudes of new (and old) enemies to reassure yourself that I am wrong, and you are right, there should be plenty EVEN if you are scrupulous enough to subtract all the sockpuppets first...which I hope you would be.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3493 on: September 26, 2011, 10:01:46 AM »
How old are you? What kind of experience can you claim to have when you shy away from conflicts or just having to actually back up your words?

There is a callout waiting for you. I don't actually expect you to respond but miracles have been known to happen.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #3494 on: September 26, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
How old are you? What kind of experience can you claim to have when you shy away from conflicts or just having to actually back up your words?

There is a callout waiting for you. I don't actually expect you to respond but miracles have been known to happen.

I don't do "callouts" it's not my way (I have never even read any of them - they give me the creeps, I hate things like that) and I am not part of your community, nor do I ever seek to be, so I don't have to, do I?

...and my age, like that of any other woman, is none of your bloody business!  :LOL: