Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126475 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #3075 on: August 15, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
I agree.  :santa:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #3076 on: August 15, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
I think I'm gonna give here a break, if not leave. Every year I come back here, there always seems to be some sort of fight break out, and I get ganged up on and made to feel unwelcome. First there was Kosmo back in '08, then Rage & Bint in '09, then Scrap last year, now this present crap that's going on. It seems I can't say anything here without being ridiculed, having sarcasm thrown at me, or ad hominems tossed at me as well. I've been told it's because people think I'm a 'know-all'. Jesus Christ, since when does having an opinion and sticking to it make one a 'know-all'?

And another message I'm getting is that their is a cliquey behaviour - if you don't belong to the 'in'crowd, then you are fucked and the rest can do what they like to you. Stand up for yourself, and you cop it even worse. I really thought everyone would have been beyond that schoolyard shit, but some obviously aren't.

So I've decided that the best thing I could do is get out of here before I have another meltdown and really do something stupid. I'm sick of this happening every goddamn year, and don't see why I should be goaded and pushed into them because some think I'm an easy target.

I've tried to enjoy myself here, but being made to feel unwelcome at the same time is too much for anyone to handle.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3077 on: August 15, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
I think I'm gonna give here a break, if not leave. Every year I come back here, there always seems to be some sort of fight break out, and I get ganged up on and made to feel unwelcome. First there was Kosmo back in '08, then Rage & Bint in '09, then Scrap last year, now this present crap that's going on. It seems I can't say anything here without being ridiculed, having sarcasm thrown at me, or ad hominems tossed at me as well. I've been told it's because people think I'm a 'know-all'. Jesus Christ, since when does having an opinion and sticking to it make one a 'know-all'?

And another message I'm getting is that their is a cliquey behaviour - if you don't belong to the 'in'crowd, then you are fucked and the rest can do what they like to you. Stand up for yourself, and you cop it even worse. I really thought everyone would have been beyond that schoolyard shit, but some obviously aren't.

So I've decided that the best thing I could do is get out of here before I have another meltdown and really do something stupid. I'm sick of this happening every goddamn year, and don't see why I should be goaded and pushed into them because some think I'm an easy target.

I've tried to enjoy myself here, but being made to feel unwelcome at the same time is too much for anyone to handle.

It's interesting how you think.  When you share your opinion you tell everyone else they are wrong and then cite many reasons why you feel this way.  When someone disagrees with you and shares their opinion on why you are wrong they are all a bunch of NT bashing assholes who belong to a clique and wake each morning with no other purpose than to push you over the edge and make you melt down and do something stupid.

That must be hard to live with.  I hope the break does you good.

Psychophant

« Reply #3078 on: August 15, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

I like your comments, I find you honest and to the point.   But, I can understand taking a break.  And I know what being called a "know it all" means.   FWIW, I appreciate your comments and hope you come back soon.   :thumbup:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3079 on: August 15, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »
I like your comments, I find you honest and to the point.   But, I can understand taking a break.  And I know what being called a "know it all" means.   FWIW, I appreciate your comments and hope you come back soon.   :thumbup:

I agree.

Steve, you may not always be right, and some of your views are a bit off, and you do have issues that need to be dealt with, but I like you. I hope you get a good break and come back soon when you're ready to kick ass and further mock the hell out of someone's big fucking peters. :P

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3080 on: August 15, 2011, 05:56:05 PM »
Im sorry you feel that way, and Im sorry youre choosing to leave.

You say that you get into a fight each year, and imply that its always the other peoples fault. Is that really realistic.

This is the first one of your meltdowns that Ive witnessed, that wasnt largely conducted within the privaxy of PMs, and I can honestly say that you were throwing around the ad homs every bit as much as Squid and MLA.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3081 on: August 15, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »
Taking a break before you meltdown is a good thing.

Progress too. (No, I am not making fun of you, it is progress)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Osensitive1

« Reply #3082 on: August 15, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »
Yes, breaks can be good.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3083 on: August 15, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »

This is true.  It's a good thing.

I hope that you have a good break TCO and come back when you feel better.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3084 on: August 16, 2011, 01:11:08 AM »

This is true.  It's a good thing.

I hope that you have a good break TCO and come back when you feel better.
I agree. Don't know much yet about the argument (haven't read yet) but I find you are generally a good read.

And welcome back PPK!  :green: It is really good to see you.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3085 on: August 16, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »

You're always welcome here, TCO. I don't think you should leave.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3086 on: August 16, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »

I'd agree. Meltdowns are nasty stuff and if they can be avoided, then it's all good.

Arguments will happen, as will internet flamewars and fights, and even meltdowns, but they are rarely or never as bad as they look. Give them a few days and some perspective, and there will be more interesting and positive things to ponder.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3087 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:45 PM »
If the worst thing that happens to you this year is that somebody makes fun of you on the internet and nobody comes to your defense, consider it a very good year and crack open a beer to celebrate.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3088 on: August 17, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
If the worst thing that happens to you this year is that somebody makes fun of you on the internet and nobody comes to your defense, consider it a very good year and crack open a beer to celebrate.

It's all relative, though. If the Internet is all you have, for example, you'd have little reason to celebrate.

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #3089 on: August 21, 2011, 12:01:48 AM »
Thanks for that odeon and Callawya. I'm feeling better now and everything is OK.