Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126495 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #2655 on: April 24, 2011, 06:34:02 AM »
I'm going to visit London. Back on Sunday (but I might have an Internet connection at the hotel).

Bring your sun cream Odeon,  its a mini heatwave at the moment

I noticed. :o

It rained for a spell yesterday but not enough to cool us for the Oxford Street walk.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Binty

« Reply #2656 on: April 24, 2011, 06:38:09 AM »
I'm going to visit London. Back on Sunday (but I might have an Internet connection at the hotel).

It rained for a spell yesterday but not enough to cool us for the Oxford Street walk.

Don't go to Oxford Street now!  :o  It's the holidays!  There's a shitload of people and crowds.  It's awful.  Go on Wednesday in the morning, before or at 12.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2657 on: April 24, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »

Don't go to Oxford Street now!  :o  It's the holidays!  There's a shitload of people and crowds.  It's awful.  Go on Wednesday in the morning, before or at 12.

Didn't have a choice in the matter. It was bloody awful, with people everywhere. My daughter was in heaven, though. She wants to move there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Binty

« Reply #2658 on: April 24, 2011, 06:43:51 AM »

Bring your sun cream Odeon,  its a mini heatwave at the moment

Don't go to Oxford Street now!  :o  It's the holidays!  There's a shitload of people and crowds.  It's awful.  Go on Wednesday in the morning, before or at 12.

Didn't have a choice in the matter. It was bloody awful, with people everywhere. My daughter was in heaven, though. She wants to move there.

To Oxford Street?  :laugh:

I used to have to go there everyday when it was most crowded, when I worked in Soho.  You haven't known hell if you've never encountered Oxford Street the day before Christmas.  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:46:43 AM by Binty »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2659 on: April 24, 2011, 06:51:52 AM »

Bring your sun cream Odeon,  its a mini heatwave at the moment

Don't go to Oxford Street now!  :o  It's the holidays!  There's a shitload of people and crowds.  It's awful.  Go on Wednesday in the morning, before or at 12.

To Oxford Street?  :laugh:

Yup, but she was willing to settle on somewhere not too far away.

I used to have to go there everyday when it was most crowded, when I worked in Soho.  You haven't known hell if you've never encountered Oxford Street the day before Christmas.  

I think I now have some idea of what you are talking about. All I could think of was "why? Why?"

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2660 on: April 24, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »

In case anyone noticed I was gone - I know I am often gone from here, but this week was different.

I got really sick on Tuesday. So much so that I could not sit up.

I hit my doctors office as soon as it opened Wednesday morning. The doc sent me straight to the hospital for a series of tests.

By noon on Wednesday, I was being wheeled into surgery to have my appendix removed. It had not ruptured catastrophically, but it was quite inflamed and it HAD begun leaking, which showed on the CT-scan.

I have slept mostly since then, but yesterday I began goofing around with my laptop in bed.  I am fine and getting better.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Osensitive1

« Reply #2661 on: April 24, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
Welcome back. Good to hear you're feeling better.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2662 on: April 24, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »

In case anyone noticed I was gone - I know I am often gone from here, but this week was different.

I hit my doctors office as soon as it opened Wednesday morning. The doc sent me straight to the hospital for a series of tests.

By noon on Wednesday, I was being wheeled into surgery to have my appendix removed. It had not ruptured catastrophically, but it was quite inflamed and it HAD begun leaking, which showed on the CT-scan.

I have slept mostly since then, but yesterday I began goofing around with my laptop in bed.  I am fine and getting better.

Wow, I'm glad the problem was discovered before the appendix ruptured.  I hope you heal well and are soon feeling 100% again.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2663 on: April 24, 2011, 05:28:38 PM »

I had a similar experience about a year ago, DirtDawg.  Mine started as a backache then the pain moved to my upper abdomen and finally to my lower abdomen on the right.  I was nauseated and had absolutely no appetite at all from the time that the backache started.  I was allowed to go home the next day after surgery, but I guess they must have kept you in the hospital on antibiotics for a while since yours had begun to rupture.  I'm so glad that you went in quickly and that you're doing better now.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2664 on: April 24, 2011, 10:50:39 PM »
Had wondered where you were DirtDawg. That is a pretty good reason to be away! Glad you are getting better now. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2665 on: April 25, 2011, 05:20:50 AM »

Thanks folks. Still going to be off work for a few days. I doubt that I will spend much time out of bed, today. Pain after surgery is still very high and I am popping Vicodin like jellybeans.

Callaway, you are right. They saw the "more than double" white blood cell count by about nine AM on Wednesday and began an IV antibiotic, immediately. The IV was the last thing they removed before I left the hospital on Saturday.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2666 on: April 25, 2011, 07:55:45 AM »
Good to see you back. Hope your recovery will be a speedy one from now on.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2667 on: April 25, 2011, 08:08:11 AM »

I'm really glad you are OK.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2668 on: April 25, 2011, 08:31:40 AM »
Hey, you can't keep a tough, old dog down.  Heal fast and raise some good hell soon.  Hope the family is catering to your every whim.  You deserve it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2669 on: April 25, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

I'm really glad you are OK.

Thank you, Odeon.

Feeling much better, today. Cutting my Vicodin intake from twenty four per day to twelve seems to be working.