Educational

Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126503 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #2175 on: October 15, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »
Nobody gave shit, good or bad, when I left or when I came back. :asthing:
:headbang2:

Well, we didn't know if you felt like being bothered with your spasms.  Are they any better?  Have you gotten your massage yet?

I was referring to over the Spring and most of Summer! I left for several months! I think one person noticed when I came back. Oh well! I think much more highly of myself than anyone else. No different everywhere I go. Nothing personal, just a funny observation.
:hahaha:

I noticed, sent you a pm but you never replied  ::)
I was referring to you! :P

You *think* one person noticed....the most important person noticed, don't you mean?  ;)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2176 on: October 15, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »
Nobody gave a shit, good or bad, when I left or when I came back. :asthing:

Several people posted in your birthday thread and / or gave you karma after you came back.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2177 on: October 16, 2010, 04:55:42 AM »

Several people posted in your birthday thread and / or gave you karma after you came back.

Yeah, I was surprised he was being so sulky about it  :laugh:

Maybe he had a personality transplant whilst he was gone.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #2178 on: October 16, 2010, 05:07:45 AM »

Hadn't anyone notice that over the last year or so that he's been trying to get attention because pretty much everyone ignores everything he posts. No one engages him much. He even name dropped a couple of times and no one said anything.

Maybe that's why though, a lot of people don't like responding to people who appear to be trying to get attention.

(feel free to tell me I'm wrong on this please).

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2179 on: October 16, 2010, 05:34:17 AM »

Hadn't anyone notice that over the last year or so that he's been trying to get attention because pretty much everyone ignores everything he posts. No one engages him much. He even name dropped a couple of times and no one said anything.

Maybe that's why though, a lot of people don't like responding to people who appear to be trying to get attention.

I don't recall the name dropping, but maybe it was when I was off for about 6 months because I had probs logging on.

He seems down at the moment, and probably just comes on for some light entertainment. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2180 on: October 16, 2010, 05:42:04 AM »

I don't recall the name dropping, but maybe it was when I was off for about 6 months because I had probs logging on.

He seems down at the moment, and probably just comes on for some light entertainment. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh I agree and I'm not judging. I guess it's just another aspie thing where you try to connect to people or a community and you basically come away feeling invisible, yet others seem to have no problem at all with everyone throwing attention at them.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2181 on: October 16, 2010, 06:44:12 AM »

I didn't notice that.  I thought lots of people tried to help in his just got arrested thread, for example.

I think when people don't respond to your posts, it's not that they are ignoring you, it's that they just don't know what to add to what you've said.  At least that's the case with me.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2182 on: October 16, 2010, 06:47:53 AM »

Oh I agree and I'm not judging. I guess it's just another aspie thing where you try to connect to people or a community and you basically come away feeling invisible, yet others seem to have no problem at all with everyone throwing attention at them.

Sait Phlexor practicing the art of invisibility by blending into his surroundings like a ninja

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

richard

« Reply #2183 on: October 16, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »
Hadn't anyone notice that over the last year or so that he's been trying to get attention because pretty much everyone ignores everything he posts.
aww, i like trigger 11. and its not so bad to go under the radar, i wish my online fans would leave me alone

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2184 on: October 16, 2010, 07:57:50 AM »

I didn't notice that.  I thought lots of people tried to help in his just got arrested thread, for example.

I think when people don't respond to your posts, it's not that they are ignoring you, it's that they just don't know what to add to what you've said.  At least that's the case with me.

Yeah I figure that too, but with no input from others, sometimes people interpret that as a negative thing I guess.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2185 on: October 16, 2010, 07:59:24 AM »

Sait Phlexor practicing the art of invisibility by blending into his surroundings like a ninja

It's so sad that you feel you have to stalk my unrelated posts after all this time just to throw in a childing jab.

Why don't you grow up and or fuck off sunshine.  8)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #2186 on: October 16, 2010, 01:46:35 PM »
First off, I was just making an observation. On WP, zOMG, and now here I see other people involved in the same threads and conversations get all kinds of platitudes OR insults. I tend to get nothing, which is fine and doesn't hurt my feelings. I just oddly connect on these forums and then get nostalgic for lost 'friends' or whatever.

Second, sure the birthday thread was cool and people have been generally nice OR mean to me at a reasonably appropriate level. Sometimes I contribute, or think I am, to a discussion and then nobody replies to my thoughts. Actually, this happens a lot, but not unexpected. In my experience, my thoughts and inputs, for varying reasons, do not fit into the mainstream or clique. I actually prefer it that way. I do, however, provide some really good zingers that get overlooked. Usually because a thread advances and it gets relegated to a back page before the masses can feast upon its splendor. Oh well, your loss!

Third, my delusions of grandeur and/or ineptitudes are well noted. Someone has to think highly of me. I've spent over ten years being torn down by a complete bitch too!

Fourth, if I drop a name, and I am assuming we're referring to when I post stories about my adventures with semi-famous people that happen an oddly weird amount of times for someone with little to no social skills...well I personally don't think it's cool or makes me special. In fact, i have a friend who is now a professional photographer and regularly has his photos on the cover of Sports Illustrated who gushes at all the 'celebraties' he photographs and I find it odd. They are just normal human beings who get idolized ridiculously by our society, blah, blah, blah!

Fifth, I have lost my train of thought.

Sixth, I am superior to every other human being to ever walk the planet, so deal with it. It is a privilige to share this space with me, so worship me goddammit!!!! 

Seventh, not really so go away and leave me alone!
 :zoinks:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:46:24 PM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Binty

« Reply #2187 on: October 16, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »

Do you want a hug?  :zoinks:

Depends on whose offering! ;)

I am, of course :laugh:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #2188 on: October 16, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »

Do you want a hug?  :zoinks:

Depends on whose offering! ;)

I am, of course :laugh:

Fine then, I'll accept! :-\
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2189 on: October 16, 2010, 02:30:02 PM »
Trigger11 - If  you want I can bop you on the head with my scepter and give you a royal welcome and headache at the same time.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: