Educational

Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126483 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #2010 on: August 09, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »
Half-scale Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas:

Here is the Eiffel Tower replica in the daytime:

Welcome back, Matthe.

The blood tests in Alabama tested for STDs, I believe.  They were outdated and I don't think they are required anymore.

Pretty bad news if your betrothed is found to have an STD. Pity they can't do blood tests for other things like 'potential to be obsessive psycho', 'likliehood of infedility', 'annoying habit XYZ'...that would be a much more helpful blood test.  :P

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2011 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:37 AM »
Do they have tours in the tower?

I will have to find out.  I think we can ride an elevator to the top, but my daughter was more interested in Circus Circus' Adventuredome yesterday.

We went to Fry's, but they didn't have my laptop battery.  I'll have to find it online.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2012 on: August 09, 2010, 03:38:40 PM »
Good luck with it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #2013 on: August 09, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »
Half-scale Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas:

Here is the Eiffel Tower replica in the daytime:

Welcome back, Matthe.

The blood tests in Alabama tested for STDs, I believe.  They were outdated and I don't think they are required anymore.
Nice pictures.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2014 on: August 09, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »
I saw those but the crowds were bad so I kept my distance
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2015 on: August 09, 2010, 08:09:14 PM »
It wasn't too crowded today.  We went up the Eiffel Tower today and the fountains at the Bellagio were active while we were at the top, so it was a pretty cool show from up there.

:eiffel:

I learned that they would have made a full-sized replica of the Eiffel Tower, but the airport was too close to the site, so they were only able to make a half-sized replica.  I did not find out what Erica La Tour Eiffel thinks about the copy of her husband.

P7PSP

« Reply #2016 on: August 09, 2010, 08:26:10 PM »
It wasn't too crowded today.  We went up the Eiffel Tower today and the fountains at the Bellagio were active while we were at the top, so it was a pretty cool show from up there.

I learned that they would have made a full-sized replica of the Eiffel Tower, but the airport was too close to the site, so they were only able to make a half-sized replica.  I did not find out what Erica La Tour Eiffel thinks about the copy of her husband.

:2thumbsup: That is cool, I have never been to Vegas.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2017 on: August 09, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »
We also rode a rollercoaster at New York New York this morning which was a little scary.  My daughter begged and begged to ride it again, and we went back to let her, but the line had gotten too long by then.  She was crushed, but we went to see the fountains at the Bellagio and also bought gelato.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2018 on: August 10, 2010, 12:02:45 AM »
We also rode a rollercoaster at New York New York this morning which was a little scary.  My daughter begged and begged to ride it again, and we went back to let her, but the line had gotten too long by then.  She was crushed, but we went to see the fountains at the Bellagio and also bought gelato.

I had to check it out....it looks like fun. No wonder your daugher wanted to go on it again....I was smiling the whole time I watched it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2019 on: August 10, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »

I wonder what the French think about it. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2020 on: August 10, 2010, 01:27:05 AM »
 :laugh:

I don't know, but maybe they would think that imitation is the sincerest of flattery.

This was the view of it I saw tonight through the fountain at the Bellagio:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:32:29 AM by Callaway »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2021 on: August 10, 2010, 01:41:24 AM »
What's cool about the original is that the evening lighting of the tower is copyrighted. You aren't allowed to photograph and publish it without permission.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2022 on: August 10, 2010, 01:42:25 AM »

I had to check it out....it looks like fun. No wonder your daugher wanted to go on it again....I was smiling the whole time I watched it.

Thanks for that, Eclair.  Yes, that was the ride, but it seemed to last longer than that to me while I was on it.  I smiled through the ride too, but my smile was frozen and I felt nauseated afterward.  I wonder how they managed to film it and hold on to their camera through the ride, since the operators said you couldn't have anything loose on the ride with you?  I had to even leave my cup in a locker.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2023 on: August 10, 2010, 01:47:51 AM »

Thanks for that, Eclair.  Yes, that was the ride, but it seemed to last longer than that to me while I was on it.  I smiled through the ride too, but my smile was frozen and I felt nauseated afterward.  I wonder how they managed to film it and hold on to their camera through the ride, since the operators said you couldn't have anything loose on the ride with you?  I had to even leave my cup in a locker.

I'm sure it seems longer when you are the one losing your stomach in real time. I go into hysterical laughter on fast rides.

I wondered about the camera too....I was waiting for some problems with it in the loopy bits. He must have had it strapped on to him secretly, I was thinking in a cap, but they wouldn't let you wear head gear on something like that, so I'm a little bit baffled too.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2024 on: August 10, 2010, 01:49:56 AM »
I can't stand roller coasters.

- Albert Einstein