Educational

Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126483 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #1590 on: October 29, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »
yay! Welcome back Bints!!! :hug:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1591 on: October 29, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »
welcome back you spammy bint

P7PSP

« Reply #1592 on: October 29, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
The trip could have been better if I had been sans family but overall, it was awesome  :laugh:  I'm in love with Amsterdam, babdly badly want to live there for at least a year someday, and Bruges is just beautiful.  Didn't get many pics though, my camera is shit, wouldn't have done those places justice really.

I did read the shoutbox.
Thats cool. I would like to take the chunnel from London to Calais sometime. Is Calais alright to visit?

I just drove through it so I can't really tell you much about it  :laugh:  It's okay as villages go though.  You should visit Holland.  It's the most twee and charming place ever.  I want to live there.
I will consider doing that.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1593 on: October 29, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »

The trip could have been better if I had been sans family but overall, it was awesome  :laugh:  I'm in love with Amsterdam, babdly badly want to live there for at least a year someday, and Bruges is just beautiful.  Didn't get many pics though, my camera is shit, wouldn't have done those places justice really.

I did read the shoutbox.
Thats cool. I would like to take the chunnel from London to Calais sometime. Is Calais alright to visit?

I just drove through it so I can't really tell you much about it  :laugh:  It's okay as villages go though.  You should visit Holland.  It's the most twee and charming place ever.  I want to live there.

Isn't someone on here from Holland?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1594 on: October 29, 2009, 06:57:28 PM »
*CG has been bitten by the travel bug*

(Hmm...maybe that's why my right buttcheek hurts :chin: )

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1595 on: October 29, 2009, 07:11:50 PM »

I did read the shoutbox.

;D Yup, I'm from the Netherlands.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #1596 on: October 29, 2009, 07:13:38 PM »

I did read the shoutbox.

Excuse me Hyke, he said Holland.  :zoinks:

Blasted

« Reply #1597 on: October 29, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »
Hyke, can I come and live with you? (emo)

The Netherlands (what I saw of them anyway) are so pretty :pinkbeat:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #1598 on: October 29, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »

You picked a good time to ask her Bints, she ran out of chocolate this morning. I think she can be easily bought right about now :green:

P7PSP

« Reply #1599 on: October 29, 2009, 07:17:10 PM »
Do you grow tulips and wear wood shoes Hyke?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1600 on: October 29, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »

I did read the shoutbox.

Excuse me Hyke, he said Holland.  :zoinks:

OK, technically, I'm not from Holland. The Netherlands consist of 12 provinces. One of them is called North-Holland, another South-Holland. That is where most of the money was, especially in the Golden Age. That's where still most people live. So, the Netherlands get called Holland by many people abroad, as well as by people in the Netherlands.
I am from the Flevo-polder though, so, will not say I am from Holland. Have not lived in one of the Hollands yet.

P7PSP

« Reply #1601 on: October 29, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
But those pics Gus posted are gorgeous. Now I want to see it.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1602 on: October 29, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »

You picked a good time to ask her Bints, she ran out of chocolate this morning. I think she can be easily bought right about now :green:

So true. Very easy to tempt me.

But, have to make this disclaimer; The part where I live is only attractive in Spring really, with the tulips and all. It is interesting, all reclaimed land. No old buildings, no old trees, no old roads. But, not as pretty as other parts of my country. Were it not for the school, I would be moving away I think.

Oh, PKK, wooden shoes were my favourite footwear as a child.

P7PSP

« Reply #1603 on: October 29, 2009, 07:23:52 PM »
I didn't know that was still done.  :plus: for tradition.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1604 on: October 29, 2009, 07:24:21 PM »
But those pics Gus posted are gorgeous. Now I want to see it.

That's Belgium, the land Illusion came from.