Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126470 times)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 03, 2009, 05:20:32 AM »
Traveling westward, chasing the sun, is way easier on the system than going east, at least that's what I've always found. And yes, a five-hour difference is much more tolerable than eight or nine. I remember one trip to North America when it took the better part of a week to get the sleep sorted out, even using all the recommended strategies plus melatonin tablets.

You'll come back to us a seasoned vulcanologist. 8)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1201 on: May 03, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
Traveling westward, chasing the sun, is way easier on the system than going east, at least that's what I've always found. And yes, a five-hour difference is much more tolerable than eight or nine. I remember one trip to North America when it took the better part of a week to get the sleep sorted out, even using all the recommended strategies plus melatonin tablets.

You'll come back to us a seasoned vulcanologist. 8)

That's interesting, since for my husband and me it was just the opposite.  He does OK when he is traveling to India, then when he gets home he is terribly jet lagged.

It was the same when we traveled to England and Scotland for Christmas.  We were OK there and it took a while for us to recover from jet lag when we got home.

I thought that maybe it was because we slept on the plane while we were traveling there, but we had a 31 hour day while we were traveling back home.

P7PSP

« Reply #1202 on: May 05, 2009, 01:18:27 AM »
Hello from Auckland, today I drove up the Coramandel Peninsula and noted similarities and differences with my native stomping grounds on the N. California coast. The road there is Highway 25 and it is winding as all get out. I took a bunch of pictures and I hope that enough will come out well to post here. I found some Lady Grey tea from Twinings which I have not been able to find in the USA so I bought 3 30 teabag boxes of it so I can have some to take back, a poster at WP mentioned it to me some months back as being Earl Grey tea with a bit of citrus added for a different flavor. Things cost a bit here so I'll probably get a few hundred more NZ$ from Travelex so I can still make it to Taupo. Because I was tired and cranky yeaterday I almost got off on the wrong foot with this trip, but then I figured out that being out of sorts here would be a huge waste of time and money. I have other posts to make so I'll get off here for now.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1203 on: May 05, 2009, 02:41:13 AM »
That's so cool that you are there.  Have fun.  You're right, it would be a huge waste to be out of sorts there.

TheoK

« Reply #1204 on: May 05, 2009, 02:53:53 AM »
Don't you have Lady Grey in the US?  ???

Oh, the Tea Party.  :zoinks: :arrr:

P7PSP

« Reply #1205 on: May 05, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
True TheoK, we have been slowly recovering thge teas we lost in that episode. :evillaugh:

TheoK

« Reply #1206 on: May 06, 2009, 01:21:23 AM »
Most Swedes drink :coffee: though :tea: is pretty common among younger Swedes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:28:15 AM by TheoK »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1207 on: May 06, 2009, 02:12:31 AM »
And a lot of us drink both.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1208 on: May 06, 2009, 02:25:13 AM »
:toporly:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1209 on: May 06, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
Don't you have Lady Grey in the US?  ???

Oh, the Tea Party.  :zoinks: :arrr:

Some numnut on the way to work has a giant white bag filled and sealed up to look like a Tea Bag hanging from a post in front of their house by the road. It actually says 'TEA' on it! I live around some really fucked up people, ::)
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1210 on: May 10, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »
I will be taking a break from active posting for a while. My mother-in-law is going to need a lot of help moving into some kind of assisted living after her hospital stay. My husband is not taking the situation well, and he needs attention and care, as do my children. I've enjoyed posting on Intensity. Some of you remind me of people I've encountered in real life. :) I wish you all the best and hope to catch up with you sometime further down the track.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1211 on: May 10, 2009, 09:41:46 PM »
I will be taking a break from active posting for a while. My mother-in-law is going to need a lot of help moving into some kind of assisted living after her hospital stay. My husband is not taking the situation well, and he needs attention and care, as do my children. I've enjoyed posting on Intensity. Some of you remind me of people I've encountered in real life. :) I wish you all the best and hope to catch up with you sometime further down the track.

I understand.  How far away from you is this assisted living available? 

Come back and see us when you can.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1212 on: May 11, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »

Take care and come back when you can. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1213 on: May 11, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »
Take care Sleepy Dragon.
Hope things will turn out well.
And indeed, come back when you can.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1214 on: May 11, 2009, 06:20:42 AM »
I hope all goes well with the moving and stuff.

And I really hope you come back when things are settled. Some good luck karma: :plus:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae