Author Topic: Away/Back thread  (Read 126372 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Away/Back thread
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2006, 05:39:06 AM »
I'm back from a long trip seeing relatives.

Glad to have you back Callaway  :) Did you have a good time?

duncvis

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2006, 06:41:54 AM »
Callaway is back! woooohoooo :party:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2006, 08:14:34 AM »
Glad to see you back. Hope you had some fun along with the rest.

:party::woohoo::party:

(Somebody catch the little blue guy, before he hurts himself.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2006, 01:19:50 PM »
I had a pretty good time, but there were times when all that traveling was kind of hard to do.  My husband swears that we will never make such a long driving trip again because some of the time our daughter behaved so horribly and he was often the one who removed her from situations before she completely lost it in a melt down so I could have a few more minutes to finish eating or seeing my father, who is in a nursing home, or whatever I needed to finish.  We both do this for one another, but I am the person who does it more often when we are close to home, and I am usually the more hands-on parent of the two of us. 

Also he did almost all the driving and all the interstates and highways from Kansas to Colorado were closed because of snow and ice, so he drove north to Nebraska and we drove home on secondary roads, which were also covered with ice and snow but were not closed.  We were in a Toyota 4-Runner which has huge tires with aggressive treads and which he put into four wheel drive.  He is really good at driving in snow and ice and also with navigation, so we were not stranded in some little hotel in Kansas, like so many of the other travelers were and we added only fifty miles to our trip.

I am really glad that we got to see so many relatives because this may have been our last chance to see some of them.  My dad doesn't look very well to me, but now he has new clothes and personal items with his name written in all of them, so hopefully he won't lose them in the laundry or whatever.  Nursing homes often lose people's things in the laundry or other places. Therefore, my dad had very few socks even though I had sent him several pairs, so I did not bring socks with me, but I found some along with a few other things he needed at a nearby store.  It's a nice nursing home, but it is so sad to see a relative in a place like that.  My brother who lives near him refuses to go see him because our dad hit his son while he was staying with them after recovering from surgery some time ago.  He did lots of other things that bothered my brother, that my brother just overlooked; however when my brother saw him hit his son, he lost it, threw my dad out and told him it was time for him to go home, so there were hard feelings on both sides.  It's too bad.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2006, 02:33:05 PM »
welcome back callaway

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2006, 09:22:11 PM »
I'm back from a long trip seeing relatives.

Yay! You're back! I've missed you!
 :crowd:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2007, 02:40:02 PM »
I'll be going away for awhile. I have WAY too much stress to deal with IRL and need to devote my attention to solving the problems I'm dealing with.  8)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2007, 02:40:54 PM »
Hope you come back soon and manage to sort out your RL stress.

ozymandias

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
Good luck, Capt! :arrr:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2007, 04:09:31 PM »
Good luck getting your IRL problems taken care of, Scrapheap.   8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2007, 04:19:25 PM »
i will call you.

i hope to get together for a drink on friday.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »
Good Luck, Scr'eap!

Look me up, when you come to get the Brownsburgian Force fags in line.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »
Has anyone seen teh Badger lately?  ???

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »
I'll be going away for awhile. I have WAY too much stress to deal with IRL and need to devote my attention to solving the problems I'm dealing with.  8)

I just had fun going through the same thing. Stick it out and try to stay in control.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2007, 08:34:33 PM »

I just had fun going through the same thing. Stick it out and try to stay in control.

So, did you already have the surgery?  If so, I hope that it went well.