Author Topic: jetson on WP died  (Read 673 times)

hiroshima

jetson on WP died
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:14:42 PM »
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19266

It is unclear if he killed himself, had a disease, or killed himself because he had a disease.

I was thinking we could build a memorial of copying all his posts here in a single thread, or is that not a good thing to do?  I just know eventually all his posts will get buried with time, it would be nice to immortalize them somewhere.  He had 1219 posts.  If we did 100 a day we could have it up in 12 days.\

His custom title was "The Map Maker."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 08:16:21 PM by shima »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: jetson on WP died
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 08:16:38 PM »
wow.

go ahead.  post them in the re-posted forum, but don't forget to post a picture of elroy.

i always remembered that i thought that he was a very nice guy.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 08:52:37 PM »
One of the Nicest guys.
Guardian of the Empire

richard

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:10:08 PM »
i didn't know him, but anytime anyone dies its sad. i hope he didn't kill himself

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 11:17:40 PM »
I might be misremembering, but I think he had cancer or a similar terminal illness.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 12:30:20 AM »
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19266

It is unclear if he killed himself, had a disease, or killed himself because he had a disease.

I was thinking we could build a memorial of copying all his posts here in a single thread, or is that not a good thing to do?  I just know eventually all his posts will get buried with time, it would be nice to immortalize them somewhere.  He had 1219 posts.  If we did 100 a day we could have it up in 12 days.\

His custom title was "The Map Maker."

yeah, i heard about that :(

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 06:10:32 AM »
Whilst I understand your reasons for wanting to remember him through his posts, do you really think its appropriate to steal his words and repost them on a site that he never joined?  How do you know how he even felt about Intensity?  Perhaps reposting his words here would be the last thing he would want as a memorial.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 06:18:18 AM »
I agree with PI on this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 06:32:25 AM »
Whilst I understand your reasons for wanting to remember him through his posts, do you really think its appropriate to steal his words and repost them on a site that he never joined?  How do you know how he even felt about Intensity?  Perhaps reposting his words here would be the last thing he would want as a memorial.

Thanks PI,

I totally agree. This thread will be an excellent memorial to him on Intensity².

I never knew him or but I've seen his posts. I always feel lessened when someone commits suicide, for any reason. I hope that's not the case with him.

RIP, Jetson.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:53:34 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 06:34:22 AM »
I'm confused, I was actually saying that I didn't agree with stealing his posts from another site and posting them on here, a site he never joined and I site that we don't know how he felt about. I understand people not wanting his posts to get buried on WP but that's going to happen here too eventually.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 06:35:40 AM »
And Shima's already busy creating that thread...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 06:43:28 AM »
I'm confused, .....
I think, we're on the 'same page', here. I would hate to see his posts stolen, too.
I meant that THIS thread (right here), would be sufficient as a way to honor his life.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 06:44:03 AM »
OMG!

How sad....he was  really cool guy.

R.I.P.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 06:44:09 AM »
I'm confused, .....
I think, we're on the 'same page', here. I would hate to see his posts stolen, too.
I meant that THIS thread (right here), would be sufficient as a qway to honor his life.

Thats for explaining that- yes I don't think we need to steal his posts to remember him.

hiroshima

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:39 AM »
Ok, I will delete it-- that's why I asked, while it seemed ok to me, often my judgement on these issues isn't very good.