Educational

Author Topic: Aren't You? Didn't you used to be?  (Read 549 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Aren't You? Didn't you used to be?
« on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
Okay, this thread is for famous people who you've been told you look like or that you think you look like.  I've found a reasonable resemblence to Stephanie Cole.  Her hair is longer and fuller, but the wrinkles, weight and hair color are about right.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

Re: Aren't You? Didn't you used to be?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 12:39:06 AM »
bill cosby

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 06:23:16 AM »
oh dear here we go.

Frodo (when I was younger)
Marilyn Manson
Lady GaGa

I can't think of anymore but I know there are more  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »
Talk abouat an age barrier.  Whenever someone says Marilyn Manson the person who comes to mind is Charles Manson and I have to consciously think the right person.  Neither one appeals but I'd take Marilyn over Charles.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:51:30 AM »
Talk abouat an age barrier.  Whenever someone says Marilyn Manson the person who comes to mind is Charles Manson and I have to consciously think the right person.  Neither one appeals but I'd take Marilyn over Charles.

Theres not a lot between them tbh.

Both are incredibly intelligent men and both are artists. (Both musically and I think painting too , I know MM is a keen watercolour painter and has had exhibitions).
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

eris

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »
Talk abouat an age barrier.  Whenever someone says Marilyn Manson the person who comes to mind is Charles Manson and I have to consciously think the right person.  Neither one appeals but I'd take Marilyn over Charles.

When I was younger I have been compared to Marilyn Manson, but not in a boyish way. I mean the GOTH THING :D You must understand, I was like 14 years old when Marilyn Manson first came out. So many people misunderstand him. And , he IS (or was) trying to shock people. But, he is also a brilliant artist and musician.

His music is also really varied. His first few albums were more industrial, with a lot of synth. He made one really heavy album. He made a 70s glam rock inspired album ( that one is my favorite) . A really shitty album called GAOG :( and the past few years he has just been making really really good rock music.

Here is some of his artwork

and just a really good song

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »
Talk abouat an age barrier.  Whenever someone says Marilyn Manson the person who comes to mind is Charles Manson and I have to consciously think the right person.  Neither one appeals but I'd take Marilyn over Charles.

When I was younger I have been compared to Marilyn Manson, but not in a boyish way. I mean the GOTH THING :D You must understand, I was like 14 years old when Marilyn Manson first came out. So many people misunderstand him. And , he IS (or was) trying to shock people. But, he is also a brilliant artist and musician.

His music is also really varied. His first few albums were more industrial, with a lot of synth. He made one really heavy album. He made a 70s glam rock inspired album ( that one is my favorite) . A really shitty album called GAOG :( and the past few years he has just been making really really good rock music.

Here is some of his artwork

and just a really good song

Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar are my favourite albums.  :thumbup:

eris

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »

Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar are my favourite albums.  :thumbup:

Mechanical Animals is not only my favorite Manson albums, it is like in the top ten albums of all time. I didn't like the GAOG "rock" phase. I also really liked Holywood.

I also LOVE his past 2 recent albums, and ...well, the song wight spider. I think he wrote it for me 8)

one of my favorite songs of all time, lyrically.

And I won’t make you kneel,
for anyone but me
Won’t promise a star,
don’t promise your soul
We’ll say that we don’t believe
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:53:10 PM by eris »

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »

Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar are my favourite albums.  :thumbup:

Mechanical Animals is not only my favorite Manson albums, it is like in the top ten albums of all time. I didn't like the GAOG "rock" phase. I also really liked Holywood.

I also LOVE his past 2 recent albums, and ...well, the song wight spider. I think he wrote it for me 8)

one of my favorite songs of all time, lyrically.

And I won’t make you kneel,
for anyone but me
Won’t promise a star,
don’t promise your soul
We’ll say that we don’t believe

Admittedly I'm fairly new to listening to him , have only been into alternative music for about a year or two , but I don't like much of his new stuff it seems too... try hard to be honest  :-\

And Holywood , I do like Holywood but I can only listen to it all sometime.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
Bon Jovi. (Have friends that used to always call me that)
Bruce Willis
Dennis Quaid.
Now what have any of these men got in common looks wise? Nothing.
People are crazy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 08:34:02 AM »
As a kid, I was once compared to the boy in Terminator II. Kyle, I think.

Don't remember being compared to any celeb lately, though. Other than one member on WP saying I look a bit like Enrique Iglesias. :autism:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »
I had some unfortunate ones nobody famous but back around 95 a guy in a neighboring town killed his girl friend who was very popular and well liked.  It was in all the papers and on the news, I looked like him :zombiefuck:  Several times I was approached only to have to tell the person I wasn't him and I got lots of dirty looks when in that town.  One guy was eying me all morning on a job site then told me that he knew I was not the guy but looked very much like him and that I should avoid the town he was from and not shave my beard
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 08:42:35 AM »
I had some unfortunate ones nobody famous but back around 95 a guy in a neighboring town killed his girl friend who was very popular and well liked.  It was in all the papers and on the news, I looked like him :zombiefuck:  Several times I was approached only to have to tell the person I wasn't him and I got lots of dirty looks when in that town.  One guy was eying me all morning on a job site then told me that he knew I was not the guy but looked very much like him and that I should avoid the town he was from and not shave my beard

Gee, now that's a life worth having an Osama bin Laden style beard. :LOL:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:17 AM »
I've never had this problem.

With the exception of last Halloween maybe.

I threw on an oversized dark grey hooded sweatshirt...and with the long hair & dark glasses, one of my son's friends kept telling people I looked like a "creepy rockstar"...like "ozzy".  :zombiefuck: 

The little twerp is just lucky that I really LIKE ozzy.  :LOL:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »
When I was a teenager...Corey Haim!

In college...Woody Harrelson in his Natural Born Killer days. I wore similar round sunglasses. And shaved me head in protest of my ex breaking up with me because she loved my thick, wavy hair.

Recently, I got out of the shower and looked at my 4-month old beard (picture plus one month) and thought Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy.

I don't know, what do YOU think?

On another note, I met Marilyn Manson when they opened for NIN on the Downward Spiral Tour. Dude was smaller than I expected and weirder up close. He actually just walked around the arena after they finished their set. Come to think of it my exhad JUST broken up with me and I couldn't sell the ticket...that bitch. She could've still come as friends.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems