Educational

Author Topic: I am very, very, very sorry.  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Idiot

• Part of the Chaos
I am very, very, very sorry.
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »
One of the reasons I avoided this place like the plague was the fact that I am actually not very sensitive to the concerns of other people.  At WP, I watched what I said because a young child might read my words.  Here, at a site founded on the principle of freedom of speech, I simply typed whatever came to mind, without thinking about who I might offend.  And then when I received negative responses, my immaturity and ultrasensitivity to criticism led my to close down the thread and my account.  Such an incident was bound to happen sooner or later.

That's why I will not become a regular here.  If I remain, it won't be long before I start an equally repulsive topic.  Again, I'm very sorry to those I offended.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: I am very, very, very sorry.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:37:59 PM »
it's ok. i'm just wondering what your reason was for posting that? was it to make people angry, or did you really believe what you said?

Offline Idiot

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »
I was trying to get a laugh or two.

It hurts me when someone reads one of my joke threads and becomes angry.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:47:21 PM »
I'm sorry too.  I did not read it as a joke when you posted it, but people who knew you said that you probably meant it as dark humor.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 09:49:53 PM »
It is okay Werbert for what You have done for this is Intensity2 and is suppose to have intensity too.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »
I was trying to get a laugh or two.

It hurts me when someone reads one of my joke threads and becomes angry.

Well, as one of the people who got angry at you, I'll say - don't worry, I wasn't hugely angry and it's really not a big deal. I come here looking for conflict so sometimes I try to pick fights with people. That was the purpose of my comment in your thread. My hope is not to hurt people or to drive them away, but to get them to respond in kind, because I enjoy fighting. I had thought you were trying to provoke people with that thread, not to make them laugh. So, my mistake.

I say go ahead and start some more equally repulsive topics. One of the things about intensity is you don't always have to worry if people are offended by you. It's their problem, not yours.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Idiot

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 09:56:26 PM »
Methinks Pyraxis is my polar opposite.

I cannot stand debating and arguing.  Oh, sure, in the political arena, it's good, but elsewhere I just don't see the point.  It's not entertaining, and not fun.  Besides, I am no guide at debates because I'm very wishy-washy.  I could be ready to fight to the death for a certain point of view, and then I will start debating, and a few minutes into it, I will have converted to the other side.

Offline Idiot

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »
By the way, I did not find the castration picture offensive at all.  I thought it was very funny.

richard

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »
i wasn't offended by your topic

Offline Idiot

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 10:10:37 PM »
i wasn't offended by your topic
I believe you were in my target audience.

richard

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 10:11:41 PM »
nah thats the machine1's role, not yours.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 10:12:27 PM »
By the way, I did not find the castration picture offensive at all.  I thought it was very funny.

Oh.  I thought it must have scared you or something.  It scared some of the other men here.  It was a gelding, not a human, by the way.

Offline Idiot

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 10:19:02 PM »
It scared some of the other men here.
What a bunch of pansies. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 10:20:23 PM »
i will not forgive you until you embrace the idea of free speech, and honesty with yourself.

don't run away from your mistakes like a little girly boy.  stand up for yourself and explain yourself.
i personally thought you were trying to be funny, but you didn't stick around to explain yourself.
also, you have to realize that some people might not think it is funny.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=482.0

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=538.0

two instances that i tried to justify a position (perhaps a radical one) and failed.  but i stuck around to see the argument from both positions.  i didn't run away and act like a drama queen.
am i better than you?
no.

am i different?
yes.

why?
who knows.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 10:23:29 PM »
One of the reasons I avoided this place like the plague was the fact that I am actually not very sensitive to the concerns of other people.  At WP, I watched what I said because a young child might read my words.  Here, at a site founded on the principle of freedom of speech, I simply typed whatever came to mind, without thinking about who I might offend.  And then when I received negative responses, my immaturity and ultrasensitivity to criticism led my to close down the thread and my account.  Such an incident was bound to happen sooner or later.

That's why I will not become a regular here.  If I remain, it won't be long before I start an equally repulsive topic.  Again, I'm very sorry to those I offended.

I thought you were just being melodramatic.

at any rate, I'd have to second what McJ said. Do'nt back down in the future. Simply explain yourself and let the chips fall where they may.