Educational

Author Topic: Where are they  (Read 53173 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Where are they
« Reply #1815 on: March 06, 2023, 06:10:30 PM »
The latest is PowerWash Simulator,

I've never been a gamer, but I can relate to the appeal. I once got hooked for a short time watching pressure washing videos on youtube.  :lol1:
A few months ago I bought myself a small electric pressure washer, and it's my new favorite thing.  :zoinks:

Sounds cool. I might look into a smaller one when my old one gives up or pisses me off again.
I went to a small electric chainsaw years ago. Got rid of the gas one.

OMG, I love my pressure washer, but mine is old school and I have to put gas in it and maintain another lawnmower type engine.
However it is very powerful (it can whiten concrete) and if you accidentally let it go and it swipes your skin, you will have a scar from the water hitting you at Mach speed. Ask me how I know this.
Yeah, not a toy, but a very cool tool!

I was surprised how well it performed on the driveway and sidewalk. Granted, I also used chemicals and I'm certain it took much longer to do than a powerful gas model would take, but I figure it will be fairly easy to maintain if I don't let it get so bad again in the first place.  :thumbup:

It's not so much that I am vying for favor with Mother Nature by going Fake Greenie, getting all these electric tools, but I just do not need the kind of big power available with these gas powered machines as a modern homeowner.

When gas powered machines was all I could get, OK, I still have occasional need for a chainsaw and a weed whacker and a pressure washer, but those all spent way more time idle than in use.

If I did this kind of shit for a living, yeah, I would have a big, powerful, quick one I would probably pull behind a truck, but if it takes me an extra twenty minutes to de-winter-creepify my shed, that will be fine!

I wouldn't know how to manage a gas powered tool.  :lol1: Plus my hands are very sensitive to vibrations so I can't use them anyway. My fingers swell up like sausages and they itch to the bone. :aff:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1816 on: March 06, 2023, 08:40:41 PM »
He didn't make much of an impression on me, but we never hung out in the same circles.

I can understand that.  It seems like most people who came here from the beginning were from wp.  A forum I never spent much time at, Aspergian Island and AFF were my places for quite some time.  He seemed to be an impressionable kid and got sucked up into an emotional whirlwind with amy and others.  I just hope he's ok now.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #1817 on: March 07, 2023, 04:53:00 AM »
He was fine before Amy showed up. I think Amy and I had an argument as soon as we were introduced. Then again, it was waaay back when. I was immature, they probably were too. I think I was what…15? Gareth was a few years older, I think.

I still like WP, to a degree. It was just that the same topics kept coming up. I think it’s good to expand and meet new people, so Reddit, I guess is decent.
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1818 on: March 09, 2023, 03:46:24 PM »
Heh. I haven't thought about WP in quite a while.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1819 on: March 09, 2023, 09:07:56 PM »
I can't believe it's still limping along.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #1820 on: March 10, 2023, 12:11:29 PM »
WP has been around for so long, Alex could have made it a lot bigger and better, and could have done much more with it. At the same time, if it had become bigger, there would probably now be swarms of bots on there as with Reddit.

I like the old forum style where posts can be necro’d. It makes everything more relaxed, too, and it’s more of a community because you see all the posts and get to know all the people, rather than having to scroll through the latest posts. Facebook, Twitter and Reddit style posts expire really, really fast.

It makes old information much harder to access, like Google had thousands/millions of results before that now don’t show. My browser history on my computer is harder to access too.
:dog:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1821 on: March 10, 2023, 12:24:10 PM »
Heh. I haven't thought about WP in quite a while.

I rarely do, as I don't think about forums in my past.  Most of which are long gone.  Plank has his little empire and though my user name and my daughter's is still there.  It's one among thousands and I have outgrown it or my need to belong.  I have my little corner of the multiverse and I am content with that.  The remembrance just creeps up on me once in awhile.  Sort of like the faint echo's from the depths of cyberspace wafting to my ears.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1822 on: March 10, 2023, 12:30:55 PM »

All part of Alex's little empire.  And he's welcome to it, as Amber and I have moved on from it long ago!  :meditate: :oldman:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1823 on: March 11, 2023, 04:37:39 PM »
Yup. Nothing to see there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #1824 on: March 13, 2023, 06:37:19 AM »
same
:skywarp:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1825 on: March 17, 2023, 02:31:51 PM »
Is Alex still around, does anyone know?

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1826 on: March 17, 2023, 03:17:52 PM »

I think he gave it up to autism speaks and runs his own quasi empire like a mini-version of the fb founder.  Who knows?

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #1827 on: March 18, 2023, 09:00:42 AM »
That reminds me, I haven't been to wp in like 5 years. Gosh, I remember when I couldn't live without that damn forum  :laugh:
:skywarp:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1828 on: March 20, 2023, 02:23:59 PM »

I think he gave it up to autism speaks and runs his own quasi empire like a mini-version of the fb founder.  Who knows?

Alex, hopefully. :P

Giving it up sounds like one of his more sensible ideas.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1829 on: April 30, 2023, 10:59:30 PM »
I lost my password to WP and haven't been on it. I couldn't be arsed to try and recover it because it's always pain to always reset my password whenever it quits working when I reset my cookies or have to clear my cache. This time it's not working for real after I got a new phone. I sent cornflake a message about my issue from an alt account I found while trying to recover my password. I will see if he has access to resetting my password for me so I can log in.

I am mostly on Reddit these days. On WP all I ever posted about was politics. I rarely post on aspies central because there isn't lot of threads there that interest me. Same with WP these days.