Author Topic: Where are they  (Read 53190 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Where are they
« Reply #1785 on: February 19, 2023, 12:27:30 AM »
I'm here now.

I've been disillusioned with a lot of things and despairing of ever finding someone I can get along with the way I got on with Wolf. It's not just about grief but that the cub is five now and it would really be good for him to have a stable male presence in his life. But I can't find anyone I can stand.

:hug: It must be awful for you. Wolf, from what I remember, was very nice. I don’t know what his interests were, but I wonder if you could maybe make some friends from them, even if you weren’t interested in those particular interests (!) at the time.

Welcome back, btw. :)
:dog:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1786 on: February 19, 2023, 09:51:52 AM »
I'm here now.

I've been disillusioned with a lot of things and despairing of ever finding someone I can get along with the way I got on with Wolf. It's not just about grief but that the cub is five now and it would really be good for him to have a stable male presence in his life. But I can't find anyone I can stand.

I hear what your saying!  It took me awhile to find Carla, who I could get along with and actually enjoys my quirks. 

Welcome back!   :2thumbsup:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1787 on: February 19, 2023, 10:17:51 AM »
:hug: It must be awful for you. Wolf, from what I remember, was very nice. I don’t know what his interests were, but I wonder if you could maybe make some friends from them, even if you weren’t interested in those particular interests (!) at the time.

Thank you.

He kind of didn't have friends except for me and people here. I did at one point get in a conversation about fountain pens with a group of autistic people elsewhere, but I don't know anywhere near as much about them as he did, and those other people got eliminated as possibilities for other reasons, the only decent one of them would have been awesome but he was already married. I kind of have a one track mind lately. I don't know how to get out of this rut and I'm losing faith it'll happen in this lifetime.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1788 on: February 19, 2023, 10:19:05 AM »

I hear what your saying!  It took me awhile to find Carla, who I could get along with and actually enjoys my quirks. 

Welcome back!   :2thumbsup:

Thanks Ozy.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1789 on: February 19, 2023, 10:36:49 AM »
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1790 on: February 19, 2023, 01:08:07 PM »
Good to see you, Py.

Good to see everyone, as a matter of fact!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1791 on: February 19, 2023, 01:28:06 PM »

Thank you.

He kind of didn't have friends except for me and people here. I did at one point get in a conversation about fountain pens with a group of autistic people elsewhere, but I don't know anywhere near as much about them as he did, and those other people got eliminated as possibilities for other reasons, the only decent one of them would have been awesome but he was already married.

Were they specifically a group for autistic people?

I kind of have a one track mind lately. I don't know how to get out of this rut and I'm losing faith it'll happen in this lifetime.

I think that’s very normal, natural and if anything, healthy to feel like that. I think you just have to move on, when you’re ready, on your terms. I don’t think it would hurt to take a look around, you don’t have to commit to anything, as long as you’re clear with them about it, which of course you would be.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1792 on: February 19, 2023, 08:12:46 PM »
Really good to see you, Pyraxis. :) Can't believe the cub is five already.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1793 on: February 19, 2023, 10:47:59 PM »

Were they specifically a group for autistic people?

It was just a guy's Discord server, he called himself aspie and invited others who were the same. He couldn't hold many people though, women never stuck around and it quickly became clear why. But unlike here, he had pretensions of people being "nice" to each other, which generally worked out as me not being able to speak my mind about what utter tards some of the younger guys were.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1794 on: February 20, 2023, 05:21:27 AM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1795 on: February 20, 2023, 12:00:47 PM »
Anyone heard from Dunc lately?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #1796 on: February 25, 2023, 06:02:13 AM »
I remembered I haven't been here for a while the other day, actually. My ears must have been burning  :lol1:

Hope all you guys are doing ok. Sorry you're struggling Py  :hug:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1797 on: February 25, 2023, 08:14:09 AM »
I remembered I haven't been here for a while the other day, actually. My ears must have been burning  :lol1:

Hope all you guys are doing ok. Sorry you're struggling Py  :hug:

Welcome back!   :headbang2:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1798 on: February 25, 2023, 09:10:12 AM »
OGs seem to stop by for 5 minutes and then leave again for another several months. :dunno:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1799 on: February 25, 2023, 03:37:04 PM »

:santa:
:gopher: