Educational

Author Topic: A scenario I thought about Bin Laden.  (Read 3362 times)

eris

Re: A scenario I thought about Bin Laden.
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »
I think that people should be responsible for their actions, and "I didnt mean it" or " I am a different person now" is all bullshit excuses.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
I think that people should be responsible for their actions, and "I didnt mean it" or " I am a different person now" is all bullshit excuses.

It doesn't work when the Mossad tracks down a 90 year old Nazi (whose crimes occurred 60 years ago) and puts a bullet in his head.  It shouldn't work for a 54 year old man (whose crime was 9 years ago).

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »
right haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread so excuse the late response.

In Europe killing people is considered "bad" no matter the circumstances. In America you have a more realistic view.

Do most really feel that way or are they just trying to be PC

I actually think many people feel so for real.

I see trouble in your future

So do I.  :-\

I fail to see how thinking killing resolves things , it doesn't, I mean what started WW1? Franz Ferdinands murder.

OMG,  JUST REALISED

I AM BEING COMPARED TO BIN LADEN

FOR SAYING I WOULD KILL SOMEONE

THAT KILLED MY CHILD?

omfg   BIN LADEN :runaway:

You've misread me.

I compared your ideaolgy of murdering someone in said mental state as "right" to something bin laden would do (murdering someone that is not threat and nothing to gain from his/her killing)

I did say imprisonment , i'm not talking about those excuses either , I mean say they developed things like alzheimers. that kinda scenario.

a wea dribbly old man , a shell of their former self.

So far this assertion of yours has not been backed by anything like proof or fact.  I am not even sure how you arrived here.  Al Qaeda has proclaimed OBL their leader, up to and including on the day he died.

You've mixed mine and Bodie's posts MLA  :P
Bodie was relating to another hypothetical situation not relating to bin laden.

Well maybe not "right" but not as bad as them either.  I don't see how killing him even as "a shell of their former self"  could even compare to orchestrating and promoting the

killing of thousands of innocents..   

But what does killing him actually achieve? , I mean other than revenge attacks by Al Quaida.
I'm not comparing it on a physical scale , i'm comparing it in ideology , of course there is a massive difference with one person dying and thousands.

Sorry guys, I voted nuke. ;)

Honestly , I put that answer in mainly for you.  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
Thats my squiddy.  :eyelash:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2011, 12:33:58 PM »
After thought...

When Callaway said about 'if he killed my family'  that really does make me want to
kill him, and i think i would still want to kill him no matter how pathetic and fragile 
i found him to be.  My family to me, is me and my little boy and when i look at him,
and the thought of anything happening to him,  and if i then think of someone
deliberately harming him, i just know i would want revenge.

My niece lived in New York City and was across the street from the World Trade Center when 9-11 happened and she had to walk for miles to evacuate.

She wasn't injured, but if she had been any closer she easily could have been, so I take this more personally than some people might.

Bin Laden ordered the hijackings and I believe that he was also the civil engineer who figured out just how high up on the buildings the airplanes full of jet fuel should crash to cause the greatest structural damage. 

I think he was a man who needed killing.  There's no evidence that he was decrepit or feeble-minded when he died.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
My niece lived in New York City and was across the street from the World Trade Center when 9-11 happened and she had to walk for miles to evacuate.

She wasn't injured, but if she had been any closer she easily could have been, so I take this more personally than some people might.

Bin Laden ordered the hijackings and I believe that he was also the civil engineer who figured out just how high up on the buildings the airplanes full of jet fuel should crash to cause the greatest structural damage. 

I think he was a man who needed killing.  There's no evidence that he was decrepit or feeble-minded when he died.

I'm just going to point I was talking about a "What if" scenario , he wasn't decrepit / feeble minded so meh I don't really care.
The idea of killing a killer really doesn't fit comofrtably with me but thats just IMO.

I'm glad your niece wasn't injured Callaway , my cousin was on the tube on the day of the london bombings , I myself was meant to be heading towards london on a school trip , we got told what had happened in guilford.  :zombiefuck:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »
right haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread so excuse the late response.

In Europe killing people is considered "bad" no matter the circumstances. In America you have a more realistic view.

I fail to see how thinking killing resolves things , it doesn't, I mean what started WW1? Franz Ferdinands murder.

There are many people and countries in the world who would not think twice about using force to accomplish their goals whether it's taking

over another country or enforcing their religion being ready to defend yourself against such actions or future actions is the only way to survive.

If killing is what needs to be done so be it they will not hesitate. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24:51 PM »
The bad guys will never hesitate. That's what makes them the bad guys and also makes it impossible to always act in a civilized way for the good guys.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »

There are many people and countries in the world who would not think twice about using force to accomplish their goals whether it's taking

over another country or enforcing their religion being ready to defend yourself against such actions or future actions is the only way to survive.

If killing is what needs to be done so be it they will not hesitate. 

Ok fair point.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2011, 11:12:12 AM »
You've misread me.

I compared your ideaolgy of murdering someone in said mental state as "right" to something bin laden would do (murdering someone that is not threat and nothing to gain from his/her killing)

thats good!  cus you know, since i got rid of the beard,  i look nothing like him
blah blah blah

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
You've misread me.

thats good!  cus you know, since i got rid of the beard,  i look nothing like him

:lol:

I was also tired , cranky and had a headache , so probably came across far more snarky than meant , sorry 'bout that  :P

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »
np mate....and you learned another language
wtf does 'cthulhu' mean?
blah blah blah

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »
wtf does 'cthulhu' mean?

Cthulhu , is a world destroying squid like creature , I'm not sure which religion it comes from though.  :P

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2011, 12:17:53 PM »
wtf does 'cthulhu' mean?

Cthulhu , is a world destroying squid like creature , I'm not sure which religion it comes from though.  :P

It sounds like it could be a 'cult' thang

...will it sing?  if it likes to sing it may be 'Baptist' -  they are 'fun'

what gender is this squid-creature?
blah blah blah

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2011, 12:20:19 PM »
wtf does 'cthulhu' mean?

It sounds like it could be a 'cult' thang

...will it sing?  if it likes to sing it may be 'Baptist' -  they are 'fun'

what gender is this squid-creature?

Lol , and I don't think it has a gender it's just a "thing".