Author Topic: A scenario I thought about Bin Laden.  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
A scenario I thought about Bin Laden.
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
Something I was just wondering.
Say in a hypothetical scenario  , Osama Bin Laden had gone insane (ok MORE insane  :laugh:) and was no longer his former self therefore not a threat.

Would there still be a reason to kill him?

Personally I think he should be locked away to avoid him regaining his former self , but idk.

Was just something that popped into my head.  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: A scenario I thought about Bin Laden.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »
If it was possible it would have been good to to use him to discredit his fellow terrorists.  Having him eating pork and boozing it up would have been a though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »
If it was possible it would have been good to to use him to discredit his fellow terrorists.  Having him eating pork and boozing it up would have been a though

Thats true  :lol:

As strange as it sounds I always like the thought that someone like that could be changed and become a normal good person.

I'm aware it's pretty much unrealistic but it's a nice thought at least.  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 04:25:55 PM »

As strange as it sounds I always like the thought that someone like that could be changed and become a normal good person.

I'm aware it's pretty much unrealistic but it's a nice thought at least.  :laugh:

In his view, Osama bin Laden was good. Most people do not view themselves as evil. It all depends on your position.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »

In his view, Osama bin Laden was good. Most people do not view themselves as evil. It all depends on your position.

Ok then . the "I don't wish to blow anyone to smithereens" kind of good then.  :laugh:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »
KILLKILL       KILLKILL             KILLKILL              KILLKILL                   KILLKILL
KILLKILL    KILLKILL                KILLKILL             KILLKILL                     KILLKILL
KILLKILL  KILLKILL                                               KILLKILL                    KILLKILL
KILLKILLKILLKILL                    KILLKILL            KILLKILL                       KILLKILL
KILLKILL KILLKILL                   KILLKILL            KILLKILL                       KILLKILL
KILLKILL   KILLKILL                 KILLKILL            KILLKILLKILLKILL         KILLKILLKILLKILL
KILLKILL     KILLKILL               KILLKILL            KILLKILLKILLKILL         KILLKILLKILLKILL
KILLKILL       KILLKILL             KILLKILL            KILLKILLKILLKILL         KILLKILLKILLKILL
blah blah blah

midlifeaspie

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
If OBL was in a jail cell somewhere, regardless of his mental status, his followers would be out taking hostages and demanding his release.  The only place he is no longer a threat is in a pineapple under the sea.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »
:plus: for KILL.

Why is there a lowercase "i" in the middle of that formation? :orly:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 05:06:39 PM »

? i can't see it :dunno:

there shouldn't be   :screwy:
blah blah blah

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
If OBL was in a jail cell somewhere, regardless of his mental status, his followers would be out taking hostages and demanding his release.  The only place he is no longer a threat is in a pineapple under the sea.

Osama bin Laden should be held liable for his own actions, not those of his followers. They have free will; they can choose to follow or not follow his teachings. What matters is how much of a threat bin Laden was personally to the US and other countries.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »

Osama bin Laden should be held liable for his own actions, not those of his followers. They have free will; they can choose to follow or not follow his teachings. What matters is how much of a threat bin Laden was personally to the US and other countries.

I think he was

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »

? i can't see it :dunno:

there shouldn't be   :screwy:

The "i' has a dot on it.

KILLKILL
KILLKILL

KILLKILL
KILLKILL
KILLKILL
KILLKILL
KILLKILL

TheoK

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
 :litigious: :arrr: :flames: :viking:

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 06:12:43 PM »
*snip*

The fact that you'd potentially see a man in that kind of mental state dead honestly makes you as bad as he was imo.

"Pinapple under the sea"  :laugh:

Well just play devils advocate , why did his followers place him in a mansion so close to the pakistani army?
Maybe they had no use for him any longer therefore if he was imprisoned would they really care?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »
Something I was just wondering.
Say in a hypothetical scenario  , Osama Bin Laden had gone insane (ok MORE insane  :laugh:) and was no longer his former self therefore not a threat.

Would there still be a reason to kill him?

Personally I think he should be locked away to avoid him regaining his former self , but idk.

Was just something that popped into my head.  :P

OK, for the sake of argument, say that I was perfectly sane and tortured your whole family to death while you watched and heard their screams of agony, but I left only you alive.

Then say I tortured 3000 others to death under similar circumstances.

Then I went on the run and evaded arrest for ten years, but I got Alzheimer's Disease shortly before I was captured.

Wouldn't you still want me to fry for what I did to your whole family and the other 3000 people?