Educational

Author Topic: Kate chose not to obey  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: Kate chose not to obey
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2011, 11:36:12 AM »
Seeing as you're a mass media slore, it would not be any surprise.

At least I'm confident enough to be myself instead of desperate to look different like you are Duke.  ;)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
 :screwy:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
NOW OMG who the hell cares!?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »
K, this is old now, you probably seen it.  I just came across it and it made me titter so i am sharing   :2thumbsup:

blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2013, 05:57:01 AM »
Of course the obey thing is ridiculous and outdated, but then the whole thing is  - I mean I saw the vows part afterwards on the news and whatshisname, the pope-reject with the hat... C of E guy... canterbury... he went "and who gives this woman to this man?" or something like that

the entire concept of marriage is inherently sexist as it's about passing on posession of a woman and everythign she "owns" , from her father to her husband. hence the "giving her away" crap. If I was a woman and getting married I'd be a bit weirded out by that kinda thing I think

so yeah the obey stuff is out of date, but so is the whole thing really

In times gone past the "giving over" was the Father (quite often old) basically giving the duties of protecting the wife and ay kids they have and providing. He was giving to a suitable groom these responsibilities. I do not call that sexist. I call that honourable and decent. It belonged to a different time.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2013, 06:41:46 AM »
 :facepalm:

It's still sexist, you fucking idiot

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2013, 06:50:55 AM »
:facepalm:

It's still sexist, you fucking idiot

No it isn't, you fucking moron.  :explode:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:54:12 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2013, 08:51:05 AM »
So it wasn't sexist that women were viewed as a possession ?

Lol

No wonder your wife divorced you :laugh:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:01 AM »
So it wasn't sexist that women were viewed as a possession ?

Lol

No wonder your wife divorced you :laugh:

Women were viewed as someone to protect and keep coddled. The women in the society were more valued than the men. The society was geared to oblige men to work and pay for their wife and children and protect them and give them security and stability. They were not obligations that women had. Women had different obligations.

Because you are not born into that time or intimate with that culture you "do not get it". What you read into things is a society of chauvinistic bigots "keeping the women down" and taking away their rights. That is because you are a bit of a dickhead.

It was a different time and both genders with forced roles. It is only when childhood diseases and female death in childbirth has been reduced (thanks I guess to discoveries of some men, ditto contraception pills, etc) that the standard of living and life expectancy has allowed for a change in society.

The need for a Father to give away the bride, the social obligations that were required and necessary back then because of the difficulties faced in society are simply not needed now. It was not sexist then. It was women and children being provided and protected in the best way socially for the level of healthcare, technology and such and whilst it is obsolete now, it was not a bad thing then.

Oh, and go fuck yourself with a cactus Adam ;)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2013, 09:24:51 AM »

I wonder what they would serve Rover with? What do you think, Adam?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2013, 10:13:10 AM »
Wow. I can't believe you genuinely think that isn't sexist.

You're actually using the same - "it wasn't sexist - women we just more valued"line you used to suggest it isnt sexist in Iraq :laugh:

And yeah, you're right - sexism is something I "don't get" in that I think it's wrong. Unlike you obviously ;)

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2013, 02:13:42 PM »
"sexism" is a form of discrimination where someone is treated unfairly or differently because of their sex.  It can apply to men or women.

The old fashioned marriage vows are sexist.  They make the woman vow to obey her husband, but not vice versa.

The Royal Family in UK have only just changed their rules of succession to the throne.  Rules which make men and women equal.

Prior to this the rules of succession were sexist.  Despite the fact that our three most successful and long term monarchs were Queens.  Namely  Elizabeth I,  Victoria,  and  Elizabeth II
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
bodie, can you please shut up and stay out of this conversation. Women shouldn't be discussing things like this. It's not a nice thing for a woman to be thinking about. I'm only doing this to protect you btw.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »

will you protect me from the hooded claw?
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »
If, by "protecting you", I can justify locking you in my house all day and raping you whenever I feel like it, sure!

I hope you'll be grateful that I'm treating you this way because I value you as a commodity btw