Educational

Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 14070 times)

Osensitive1

Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #840 on: September 17, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
The minor and the employee whol filmed it.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #841 on: September 17, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
Let's google and find out....

Polis described a demeaning attack in which Brown and the younger girl spat on her, called her names, kicked her and pulled out her hair.

The 14-year-old girl charged as a juvenile in the attack admitted her responsibility July 1. She remains in juvenile detention facility, prosecutors said.

Dunno about the one who filmed it, but the minor should be named and shamed. She committed an adult crime, and should be punished likewise.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #842 on: September 17, 2011, 08:29:35 PM »
Here's a better article from the CBS Baltimore TV station.

Woman Sentenced To 5 Years In McDonald’s Transgender Attack

TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) –

It was a scandalous hate crime caught on camera that grabbed national headlines. Now one of the two young women accused of beating a transgender woman at a McDonald’s learns her punishment.

Teonna Brown was convicted of a hate crime and first-degree assault. She will spend five years in prison.

Over and over again, two teenage girls attack and beat Chrissy Polis inside a Baltimore County McDonald’s until she goes into a seizure — all while a laughing McDonald’s employee records the vicious attack on his cell phone.

The YouTube video sparked community outrage and landed Brown, 19, and her 14-year-old accomplice in jail.  Brown is now sentenced to five years in prison.

Polis, who is transgender, chose not to appear in court for the sentencing. But her hero Vicki Thoms was.

“I just wanted to make sure that justice was served,” Thoms said

She can be seen in the video trying to stop the attack on Polis. She ending up punched in the eye herself.

“I thought she was going to die,” Thoms said.

In court, Brown tearfully offered remorse saying “I’m sorry.  My mother did not raise me like this. I would really like to apologize to the victim, Miss Chrissy Polis.”

But that apology was not accepted, according to a letter Polis wrote to the judge.

“I felt like I was going to die that day,” the letter reads. “I continue to suffer seizures, bouts of crying, mental anguish and anxiety. I fear being alone. I have flashbacks about the attacks. I do not forgive them for what they did to me. “

Prosecutors say hate was clearly the motivation for the attack.

“I don’t really care who the victim is,” said Scott Shellenberger, Baltimore County State’s Attorney. “This wasn’t about a political statement. This was about prosecuting people for a heinous crime that they committed.”

“I just wish that there was more love in this world than hate,” Thoms said. “That’s what I keep saying every time you guys talk to me, and that’s what I hope she learns out of this whole thing, and everybody learns the same thing.”

The criminal case is over, but the civil case is just beginning. Polis is pursuing a claim against McDonald’s for failing to stop the beating and because it was its employee who video taped the incident while laughing about it. So far a settlement has not been reached.

The other suspect in the case already made an admission to the beating and remains locked up in juvenile detention.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Osensitive1

« Reply #843 on: September 17, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #844 on: September 17, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
Thanks.

You're welcome.  It was tedious copying and pasting because of all the intervening pictures, ads, etc.  Merely meant I had to do it in steps since I didn't want to bother deleting it from the post.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #845 on: September 17, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
Thanks.

You're welcome.  It was tedious copying and pasting because of all the intervening pictures, ads, etc.  Merely meant I had to do it in steps since I didn't want to bother deleting it from the post.

Thanks as well cos it puts a bit more perspective in as well.

Psychophant

« Reply #846 on: September 18, 2011, 06:41:31 AM »
much better :) I'm all healed up. I start back at work on monday.

:2thumbsup: :plus:

Psychophant

« Reply #847 on: September 18, 2011, 06:44:51 AM »
The person convicted was not crying because they were really sorry, they were crying because they got caught and the evidence was slam dunk solid.  I hope that bitch "enjoys" prison!!   :evillaugh:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #848 on: September 18, 2011, 07:23:33 AM »
The person convicted was not crying because they were really sorry, they were crying because they got caught and the evidence was slam dunk solid.  I hope that bitch "enjoys" prison!!   :evillaugh:

Agreed, a guilty person will say a lot of shit to try to reduce time in prison. Fuck them
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Psychophant

« Reply #849 on: September 18, 2011, 08:03:43 AM »

Agreed, a guilty person will say a lot of shit to try to reduce time in prison. Fuck them

:indeed:  One of the hazards of my job is being a witness in court for cases like this.  I respond, I see and next thing I know I'm summoned to provide testimony.  And the people who were laughing at the scene certainly turn on the waterworks when facing the consequences.  Fuck 'em indeed.  Crocodile tears!!   ::)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #850 on: September 18, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »
Botty Burp

Osensitive1

« Reply #851 on: September 18, 2011, 11:13:17 AM »
:laugh:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #852 on: September 18, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

midlifeaspie

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #854 on: September 18, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »
Botty Burp

cisexism

Don't make me cry Farnsworth  :'(

I will harvest your tears for my eternal rapage machine so I conquer the universe. But yeah, I thought it was that wordfilter again, but apparently it gone now. :(
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.