Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19303 times)

TheoK

Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #630 on: January 21, 2009, 05:13:47 AM »
By the way, I'm not 100% sure of the legal status of the vests, but it says a lot that pepper spray(!) is licensed in this cowardly piece-of-shit country. In Germany you can buy tazers legally or could until a few years ago.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #631 on: January 21, 2009, 05:37:25 AM »
I don't know about any piggies, but wearing a modern set of personal SWAT gear, seven bullets all hitting the vest, would be devastating to a persons ability to fight back for an hour or so, but not deadly.

Of course, it has been proven that a vest's effectiveness depends mostly upon the energy of the bullet that is fired into it.

Seven - nine millimeter rounds hitting you in the chest at close range would kick your ass, no matter if they penetrated or not, but a vest would most likely keep you alive.

My first .300 Magnum round (the only hunting rifle I own that has not yet taken game) would knock you completely out and still not penetrate the vest with my typical Nosler hunting round. Imagine a small sledge hammer hitting your vest at over two hundred miles per hour (similar energy involved). You could not even keep your consciousness, much less your balance or the ability to hold a sight picture.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:05:20 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #632 on: January 21, 2009, 06:10:25 AM »
By the way, I'm not 100% sure of the legal status of the vests, but it says a lot that pepper spray(!) is licensed in this cowardly piece-of-shit country. In Germany you can buy tazers legally or could until a few years ago.

In all seriousness, I can not imagine why bullet proof vests would be illegal. They are totally passive and defensive of only one person at a time. It makes sense that grenades are illegal, but not personal protective gear.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #633 on: January 21, 2009, 07:13:58 AM »
I don't know about any piggies, but wearing a modern set of personal SWAT gear, seven bullets all hitting the vest, would be devastating to a persons ability to fight back for an hour or so, but not deadly.

Of course, it has been proven that a vest's effectiveness depends mostly upon the energy of the bullet that is fired into it.

Seven - nine millimeter rounds hitting you in the chest at close range would kick your ass, no matter if they penetrated or not, but a vest would most likely keep you alive.

My first .300 Magnum round (the only hunting rifle I own that has not yet taken game) would knock you completely out and still not penetrate the vest with my typical Nosler hunting round. Imagine a small sledge hammer hitting your vest at over two hundred miles per hour (similar energy involved). You could not even keep your consciousness, much less your balance or the ability to hold a sight picture.

Lars Widerström is the latest person killing a cop in Sweden. They were coming home to him to force him to a psychiatric clinic. He shot one of the cops with seven rounds and wounded one of the others.

During the trial, though, he was declared mentally sane and got lifetime in prison! Catch-22!

TheoK

« Reply #634 on: January 21, 2009, 07:42:55 AM »
If he had been a 20 year old Somali raping and murdering a Swedish girl he'd have gotten 3 years "youth care".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:45:38 AM by TheoK »

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #635 on: January 21, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »

In all seriousness, I can not imagine why bullet proof vests would be illegal. They are totally passive and defensive of only one person at a time. It makes sense that grenades are illegal, but not personal protective gear.
Because then every criminal would be using armour piercing rounds, which happen to be more lethal. Its not a trend that should be encouraged really.

TheoK

« Reply #636 on: January 21, 2009, 09:26:30 AM »

Because then every criminal would be using armour piercing rounds, which happen to be more lethal. Its not a trend that should be encouraged really.

Widerström used those. The pigs thought that he was just another poor defenseless victim that they could treat as they pleased, but one of them got his rightful payment for his dirty work.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #637 on: January 21, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »
I'd say bombs would be more effective. The smartest move is to blow up things that would financially sting the rich shitfaces. That would bring them back down to earth and stop the brief powertripping.

They'd certainly be more effective, but they remain illegal for private citizens. Which was kind of my point because having a few small firearms wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run. Realistically a state will never make legal anything that would threaten their power.

You haven't seen the arsenals people have here.  My brothers for example have Gun vaults the size of closets

I suspect it wouldn't defeat my point. The state's arsenal is a bit larger. :P
People here are crazy.   Look how much control Pakistan has over the Tribal regions the certainly have more fire power but they can't control them.  I think vast parts of the US would go that way if anybody ever came here with force.   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #638 on: January 21, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »
I just read that bullet proof vests need a license too here(!!!) I hate this country to my bones.
Just wear two "stab-proof" vests instead, they would have the similar amount of Kevlar in.

Don't think it'd help. And even odeon will agree that there is absolutely no reason for licensing bullet proof vests. Though it didn't help the little piggie that got 7 bullets from Lars Widerström's gun in him.  :eyebrows:

Yes, I can't see a reason for having to license bulletproof vests.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #639 on: January 21, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »

Lars Widerström is the latest person killing a cop in Sweden. They were coming home to him to force him to a psychiatric clinic. He shot one of the cops with seven rounds and wounded one of the others.

During the trial, though, he was declared mentally sane and got lifetime in prison! Catch-22!

He should have a lifetime i prison.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #640 on: January 21, 2009, 06:44:59 PM »

He should have a lifetime i prison.

Why? Since he was declared mentally sane, they had no reason to be in his home in the first place. That doctor who ordered the cops to get him should be punished for incitement to manslaughter or causing someone else's death. And the pig chose to be a tool for oppression anyway.

And besides, it was the very same doctor who was responsible for much of Widerströms hatred against society from the beginning, becuase he made a "risk evaluation" when he was in jail last time and made up some bullshit that he was dangerous.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #641 on: January 22, 2009, 02:36:22 AM »
Dx's change. That does NOT mean it's OK to kill a person. He got what he deserves. Fucking maniac.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #642 on: January 22, 2009, 03:55:28 AM »
Dx's change. That does NOT mean it's OK to kill a person. He got what he deserves. Fucking maniac.

Catch-22. And what does it say that the same person that was responsible for a great deal of his hatred against society was the one who ordered him taken care of?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #643 on: January 22, 2009, 04:05:56 AM »

Catch-22. And what does it say that the same person that was responsible for a great deal of his hatred against society was the one who ordered him taken care of?

It still doesn't give the lunatic the right to kill anyone. It's not a catch-22.

And it doesn't actually say anything except that he could very well be mentally unstable. Apparently not in the legal sense, but still insane.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #644 on: January 22, 2009, 04:12:01 AM »

It still doesn't give the lunatic the right to kill anyone. It's not a catch-22.

And it doesn't actually say anything except that he could very well be mentally unstable. Apparently not in the legal sense, but still insane.

So Göran Fransson is unpartial on the matter? He even went out in the newspapers before the trial and said that Widerström was one of the most dangerous men in Sweden. No dignity at all.

In many states in the US you actually have the right to kill cops that force themselves into your home, if they do it illegally, because authorities are not God there, like they are in this little self-righteous shit country.

They don't count on sanity; they count on which punishment will get you locked up the longest. It's all a big shameless fraud.