Educational

Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19071 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #540 on: December 08, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »
Another lame "point" from the draft dodger.  :yawn:

WTF!

Learn about allo lactation.

I see that some of your ideas need some mother tit, lest they starve.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

P7PSP

« Reply #541 on: December 08, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »
Like posting mocking comments here while awaiting the VeriChip implant?

no, like helping to develop the screening test for HIV antibodies for the blood transfusion service.  next question?
That is a good area of research. Could end up saving lives. :clap:

TheoK

« Reply #542 on: December 08, 2008, 05:23:54 PM »
What's good with saving lives?  >:D

P7PSP

« Reply #543 on: December 08, 2008, 05:41:46 PM »
I'm pro death penalty TheoK, but not for people who have the misfortune of needing a medical procedure and getting tainted blood in the process.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #544 on: December 08, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
I'm pro death penalty TheoK, but not for people who have the misfortune of needing a medical procedure and getting tainted blood in the process.

That's a large question.
Give us more to work with.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #545 on: December 08, 2008, 05:50:37 PM »
I hate humanity. I'd luuurve a nuclear war or a comet hitting Earth.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #546 on: December 08, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »

Same.

How prepared are you for defending, as needed, or sharing, as you chose, your food, shelter, fuel and water stores?

Do I need to worry about you?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #547 on: December 08, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »
Like posting mocking comments here while awaiting the VeriChip implant?

no, like helping to develop the screening test for HIV antibodies for the blood transfusion service.  next question?
That is a good area of research. Could end up saving lives. :clap:

it was nearly 25 years ago, p7psp, and yes, it's saved a lot of lives.

TheoK

« Reply #548 on: December 08, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »

Same.

How prepared are you for defending, as needed, or sharing, as you chose, your food, shelter, fuel and water stores?

What I don't have I'll steal.  8)

P7PSP

« Reply #549 on: December 08, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »

it was nearly 25 years ago, p7psp, and yes, it's saved a lot of lives.
Okay, I thought you were referring to tweaking the existing tests to make possible even earlier detection. That's cool that you were in on the very early research in that area.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:13:24 PM by P7PSP »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #550 on: December 08, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »

Same.

What I don't have I'll steal.  8)

But, you have no personal weapons.

How will you assert your dominance over those who have more than you? Stealing requires courage, determination, planning, luck, force and disregard for another person's wish for peace.

How will you deal with approaching a well established compound with nothing but your superior knowledge, which no one with a gun to defend their wish for peace will care about?

P7PSP

« Reply #551 on: December 08, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
A big rock hitting the Earth could happen but is not likely enough to concern me in terms of planning for it. Civil disorder seems more likely and I do have some bottled water, canned goods, emergency blankets, knives and other tools and a lot of firearms and ammunition and a loose flexible plan for joining with a few like minded trusted friends. People who know me from work who have the illusion that I'll give them guns if SHTF will be seriously disappointed if that happens, shit costs money and their lack of preparation is not my problem. I remember watching the 1950s movies as a kid where those rebelling against the Romans would run up with a large vase full of Gladiuses and break the vase (which would have cost quite a bit of money) and hand out the swords (which cost more than most people made in a year and were hard to capture or steal) to whoever happened to be in the area. Maybe that's where some of these stupid assumptions (like me handing out my hardware) originate.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #552 on: December 08, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »
You're probably right, but I am clear with those very few, who have any knowledge (secrecy is the most preventive security - my dad's policing way!) of my substantial arsenal, that they will have to buy their way in to my nest with solid goods, services, etc ...

...  in the worst case scenario, that is.

OK, i get that that sounds stupid, but "in case of fire, break glass, don't go to the god damn internet, you fucking losers"

.....     If you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:18:35 PM by DirtDawg »

P7PSP

« Reply #553 on: December 08, 2008, 07:37:06 PM »
I get the point DirtDawg. The three individuals I may work with have their own resources. In any event someone who has had your back in a tight spot and has their own resources that cannot be readily accessed is worthy of helping out. Someone who thinks shit always happens elsewhere is not.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #554 on: December 09, 2008, 01:47:49 AM »
Another lame "point" from the draft dodger.  :yawn:

Two things:

- Seeing how you've had no points whatsoever in this thread, I'm well ahead of you.
- I don't consider it a bad thing to have avoided the draft.

Next!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein