Author Topic: Zippo and Gluey , get your retarded arses in here.  (Read 8922 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Zippo and Gluey , get your retarded arses in here.
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2011, 08:21:29 AM »
Expecting tolerance from someone based on WHAT you are is different to WHO you are.

Why don't you understand that?

What someone does, says, how someomne acts, their belief system and values... these are all part of who someone is and are fair game imo.

WHAT someone is on the other hand is totally different (ethnicity, sex etc) and just makes you look ignorant

And when do I demand tolerance from others?  I don't think mocking someone for being homophobic means I'm demanding tolerance (for one thing, I'm not gay) so I don't really see what you're getting at. When do I demand tolerance?

Also, I do respect others rights. I don't ever claim religion should be banned, do I? Or that religious people should be burned at the stake

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2011, 08:21:49 AM »
And how is it a right to have a child? Should abusive parents really have that "right" in your opinion? Fuck off you cunt
:'( Go weep you stupid twat.  :finger:

lol, About what?

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:34 AM »
I honestly have no idea why this is still going , I thought we were done?  :dunno:
My post has nothing to do with you Squiddy. It has to do with Soph getting so wound up here and being judgemental about others and how they choose to reproduce, be religious or have some other sacred cows that Soph doesn't approve of. If Soph is going to demand tolerance from others than perhaps practicing some tolerance and respecting others rights might be indicated.

Some people should never have kids. Why do so many people think reproducing should be a right?

With all due respect I don't think Soph was getting wound up, merely expressing a point.

There is a difference between hating what people do and hating someone for what they are.
I don't particularly agree with all of Sophs views on religion but you can't compare something which is done by choice to something which isn't chooseable. (is that a word?  :P)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

P7PSP

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:43 AM »
Ok yeah hate is hate, regardless of who it's directed at, yes

But I view someone who's homophobic as being worse than someone who hates chavs or conservatives  or catholics
That's because you don't like chavs, catholics or conservatives and relate to homos. You are a very one way narrow minded person Soph. The quote below is an excellent example of you being willing to trample on others rights because you don't like what they do, but goddamnit people had better respect your values, right Soph?  ::) I suspect that you will fail to see any connection between what you promulgate below versus you getting bent at Gluey and Zippo.
Some people should never have kids. Why do so many people think reproducing should be a right?

Wrong. It is totally different. It was a coincidence that I used catholics and conservatives as exaples. I could also have said atheists and liberals and the point would be exactly the same

There is a difference between disliking someone for WHO they are (what they do, think, believe) and WHAT someone is (nationality, ethnicity, sex, sexuality)

And how is it wrong for me to think some people shouldn't have kids? My family are currently dealing with an incredibly shit mother who should NOT be allowed to have kids imo. Having kids is about the kids - not the parents.

And the fact that I'm trans obviously does mean I find it easier to empahise with gays/bis because I get some homophobia myself from people thinking I am gay. But I hope I would'nt be homophobic if I wasn't trans either.
You are a fucking hypocrite. Demanding tolerance of others while presuming to know best for others how they should raise their kids or even whether they should have the right to have kids without your approval.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:10 AM »
Again, HOW am I demanding tolerance?

And yes, when I see kids being abused and treated like shit, I do think that parent should not be allowed to reproduce.  :dunno:

Guess that makes me a big bad intolerant hypocrite :(

P7PSP

« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:40 AM »
I honestly have no idea why this is still going , I thought we were done?  :dunno:
My post has nothing to do with you Squiddy. It has to do with Soph getting so wound up here and being judgemental about others and how they choose to reproduce, be religious or have some other sacred cows that Soph doesn't approve of. If Soph is going to demand tolerance from others than perhaps practicing some tolerance and respecting others rights might be indicated.

With all due respect I don't think Soph was getting wound up, merely expressing a point.

There is a difference between hating what people do and hating someone for what they are.
I don't particularly agree with all of Sophs views on religion but you can't compare something which is done by choice to something which isn't chooseable. (is that a word?  :P)
Religious people have rights that Soph would prefer weren't recognized. Now Soph is even going so far as to say that people having children is not a right? What government office should people apply for approval from Soph?

P7PSP

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »
As a matter of fact you are an intolerant hypocrite.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
You are a fucking hypocrite. Demanding tolerance of others while presuming to know best for others how they should raise their kids

Translation: Only a sith deals in absolutes which is an absolute, also the game. Also you are reading this in my voice. Also this argument is comletely invalid, and this thread is making me lol.  :green:

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »
What rightd would I prefer weren't recognised, PPK? Back up your claims, please :zoinks

And as for which govt office, obviously it would be impractical to actually regulate who could have kids. I was just making a point due to current family situation - ie that some people are terrible parents imo and shouldn't have kids. Shoot me  :dunno:

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »

Religious people have rights that Soph would prefer weren't recognized. Now Soph is even going so far as to say that people having children is not a right? What government office should people apply for approval from Soph?

I'm sorry but I agree with Soph.

Some people really shouldn't be allowed to have children, as they are incapable of creating and sustaining a childs life.
I don't know what child services are like in the U.S but over here Foster homes are overflowing with kids because their parents were incapable of looking after them (some cases are different I do recognise this)

I just think it's wrong that some people are allowed to fornicate and then allow the product of that (a child) to drift through life on his or her own.
My father used to work in a foster home , and I can tell you those kids were messed up.

As for religious people , what rights do you mean?
Soph has said he doesn't particularly care if they practise their religion just that it not be forced down the throats of others.

Please correct me if I'm wrong because I may be missing something.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
I'm trying to find that thread right now. As for some people being unfit parents, I know that happens. Soph spouting off about people not having the right to reproduce is a different matter.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2011, 08:38:51 AM »
What squiddy just said about people having kids is what I meant.

btw I apologise for the "fuck off cunt" comment - that was childish. I am pissed off about family stuff which is sort of related to this though, so that did wind me up a bit for a second (my own fault for bmentioning it on the forum tho), and I take that comment back

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2011, 08:40:55 AM »
I'm trying to find that thread right now. As for some people being unfit parents, I know that happens. Soph spouting off about people not having the right to reproduce is a different matter.

I don't mean I actually think the govt should regulate reproduction. Clearly you took it literally and assumed I meant I'd actually vote for some kind of policy like that to be implemented. I wouldn't. My points were:

1. people should not VIEW having a kid as a "right" because to me that seems like they see the kid as a posession they deserve

2. some people imo should NOT have kids because they are terrible parents

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »

Thats what Soph meant I think , as he said in the post above , He's stressed.

We all come across a bit too harsh when we're stressed :P

P7PSP

« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
What rightd would I prefer weren't recognised, PPK? Back up your claims, please :zoinks

And as for which govt office, obviously it would be impractical to actually regulate who could have kids. I was just making a point due to current family situation - ie that some people are terrible parents imo and shouldn't have kids. Shoot me  :dunno:
This thread here reply # 13 http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,16358.0.html you indicate a desire to see control taken away from parents for doing a "bad" job of raising their children, now this morning (here at PST anyway) you pop off with this crap about whether having kids is a right.