Educational

Author Topic: Lotsa bloody noobs lately. The funny thing is.....  (Read 3956 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Lotsa bloody noobs lately. The funny thing is.....
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
Yes. Just a joke. Don't come here to fight and doubt most others do either.

Thats me. 

No, that was me.

(lol, it will grow on you, hopefully)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »
So why am I being pushed to call people out????   :screwy:   :growup:

You're just being teased because you are new.  :hug:

Yes it is a joke played on everyone,  it was me not long ago.  The list off Sir_Les of 'who's who'  is just the opposite of what it says.  ie. the people who you were encouraged to call out first are the ones you do not want to pick a fight with.  Also Callaway is not forgetful,  TheoK is not a prude etc etc,  i think the only correct one is Odeon -  it is his site. 

I think you have done extremely well so far, to keep posting,  it was just a 'mad' time when you arrived.  I am sure everyone wants you to hang around, you seem cool to me
blah blah blah

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »
Methinks explaining this whole business of callouts to newcomers is best left to others.

I was unaware that my opinion of callouts was not valid as a member, but thanks for the condescending remark. Thanks for clarifying. As I said, it was one sentence, and in a post to bodie about my OWN OPINION, which guess what, I'm entitled to. Most people would have laughted off a comment like that, given that it was a year ago. As I said, I was unaware that you had a grudge about that callout.

So my answer below is the best I can muster 12 months later about the situation.

OK, I have read back over the callout. Given it was nearly a year ago, I will surmise best why I think I ignored it.

1. At the time it seems that when all the drama about some comments about Odeon's child being a mongoloid upset him, and I think (I say I *think* because I can only go on the thread) that the member was banned.

2. I had been supporting some of Soph's posts, which were trying to point out that were in fact trying to point out that whilst what was said was bad, some other members had had their kids attacked, or similar situations, also and that banning someone was a little biased because he had the power to. (Again, this is my opinion and memory, and I don't want to bring Soph into it, but I recall that was my thoughts at the time)

3. My example of his bias was a callout where I had asked it to stop because it was distressing because it kept referring back to a child of mine that had passed away, and I perceived it as favouritism on his part.

The final post in the thread, he mentions the death of my child again. The reason I most likely (again, this is a year later) did not pursue the callout is;

1. Odeon was emotional about the issue anyway.
2. I did not want to get into a callout again, that kept referring to the death of my child, and to be honest, I believe that might be why I thought Odeon was being a wanker and insensitive for doing it.
3. Things with Callaway were in the process of resolution, or possibly even resolved privately without the knowledge of the board at that point and I really didn't want an autopsy on old rubbish brought up for shits and giggles because both areas were known as a way to bring up shit that had passed.

Again, refer to my final point Odeon, if you want to bring up stuff from the past, when I simply was giving a rundown to bodie, and not much thought went into it, then fine.

I'm sorry if it offended you that I said at the time there appeared to be two sets of rules, or something similar. That's how it seemed, as I say, in your final post in the thread, where you talk about my child, yet again, I must have thought enough was enough, and I did not want to rake it all up. Even seeing the words upset me. Maybe you don't understand how or why it hurts, and I'm glad that you don't, because if you did, you would not have kept on down that path.

So that's probably why the word 'wanker' came to mind about that callout.

I find Odeon to be very fair in callouts and I don't see him as a wanker at all.

I don't think that he should have to ignore people who are attacking his children just because they are trying to get a rise out of him.

I believe he started the callout because he was angry that I used my example of his bias towards only shutting some things down when they directly affected him, but he was quite happy to see others get distressed about attacks on their children.

I NEVER, EVER supported the attack on his children. It was just when others were trying to apply the fact that a lot of us had had to suffer that on the board, he didn't want to hear that logic.

I just had a peek as well and the callout was mostly about me:

People tend to bring up our stand off from time to time, not realising it was resolved privately and I have no desire to rehash any of it for everyone's pure entertainment. I wouldn't want to do that since privately we had resolved things and I thought it would be unfair to get involved in that kind of crap again.

I brought up as an example of inconsistency in Odeon's approach, to try and make him see logic as an example, nothing more, from memory.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »

I think that Sir Les' summary is meant to be tongue in cheek.  I thought that's how you were taking it when you said what you said about calling Hyke out because of what Sir Les said.

I was just pointing out what he actually said.  You don't have to call me or anyone else out unless you actually want to.

Indeed not. I've never called anyone out and probably never will, and if anyone called ME out I'd be like this:

:GA:

The smiley looks like it is floating on an invisible river.  :)
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2011, 07:22:13 PM »

I think that Sir Les' summary is meant to be tongue in cheek.  I thought that's how you were taking it when you said what you said about calling Hyke out because of what Sir Les said.

I was just pointing out what he actually said.  You don't have to call me or anyone else out unless you actually want to.

Indeed not. I've never called anyone out and probably never will, and if anyone called ME out I'd be like this:

I dearly love the "move" option, I've just recently discovered its comedic potential!   :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Psychophant

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »

Yes it is a joke played on everyone,  it was me not long ago.  The list off Sir_Les of 'who's who'  is just the opposite of what it says.  ie. the people who you were encouraged to call out first are the ones you do not want to pick a fight with.  Also Callaway is not forgetful,  TheoK is not a prude etc etc,  i think the only correct one is Odeon -  it is his site. 

I think you have done extremely well so far, to keep posting,  it was just a 'mad' time when you arrived.  I am sure everyone wants you to hang around, you seem cool to me

I sort of got that...to a point, but people kept mentioning it so I was wondering what I was doing wrong.   :autism:  People are strange. 

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
So why am I being pushed to call people out????   :screwy:   :growup:

I think that Sir Les' summary is meant to be tongue in cheek.  I thought that's how you were taking it when you said what you said about calling Hyke out because of what Sir Les said.

I was just pointing out what he actually said.  You don't have to call me or anyone else out unless you actually want to.

The smiley looks like it is floating on an invisible river.  :)

I dearly love the "move" option, I've just recently discovered its comedic potential!   :2thumbsup:

The I2 Marching Band!

:violin: :notes: :rock: :headphones: :notes: :oneliner: :harp:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Psychophant

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »

A yellow river!  

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
     :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster:  :runaway:             
                                                                                                                       Fell off!  wait for me!
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
                                                                                                                       Fell off!  wait for me!

:plus:   GENIUS! Just adorable!   :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »
                                                                                                                       Fell off!  wait for me!

Dance party!

:dance: :shamone: :soph: :bunny: :raining: :headbang:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2011, 06:13:12 AM »

I sort of got that...to a point, but people kept mentioning it so I was wondering what I was doing wrong.   :autism:  People are strange. 

I sure as hell am strange.

You are new. That is why you get teased. We used to be a lot more brutal with our noobs and now apart from this the occasional "show us your bits" is about as vicious as it gets.

Mind you we got a rise out of you so all is not lost :P
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2011, 06:24:19 AM »
                                                                                                                       Fell off!  wait for me!

I'm getting sea-sick seeing ^

:rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster:  :puke:          
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2011, 07:11:29 AM »
Yes people are strange but the ones here are 1000 time stranger :viking:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline d_olson27

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »

I got the same list in my introduction thread. Here's my response:

Let's see how long this n00b lasts...

If they follow my gentle guide they will do just great  :autism:

That was a nice list you gave me. I think I will follow it to the letter, get my head handed to me, and never show up again. On second thought, I'll just figure things out for myself.