Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84178 times)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #1425 on: July 13, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
So you are Irish butterflies?

Interesting...I wish I could hear your accent. I like Irish accents.

Whoa...um...I just realised that might sound a bit creepy. I swear...it's not meant to be.

Dont worry. Not creepy at all. I'm Scottish, but have been living in N.Ireland for around 4 years.

And, as soon as my great-aunt dies, I'm off to Budapest :green: :green: :green: Cant wait :2thumbsup:
My great aunt has senile dementia, and is supposedly in the very final stages, although she's practically been on her deathbed for the last 4 years. She's now struggling to swallow her food, so we've been told she is likely to die any time now.

I know it sounds cruel to be so eager for someone to die, and I do admit that a lot of my eagerness for her to die is so that I can move abroad.
I do think its wrong to keep people like her alive, just to suffer every day, and I know that she wouldnt have wanted to live like this. Every day looks like  a nightmare to me, and I hope for her own sake that she dies as quickly as possible.

Scottish eh? Interesting...scottish accents range from cool to unintelligible to my ear. Sometimes I hear a real thick scottish accent and I gotta hear it multiple times to understand.

It would still be cool to hear it. It would be cool to hear everyone's accent actually. Maybe a recording app can be downloaded to the page.  :apondering:

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1426 on: July 13, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »

Whoa...um...I just realised that might sound a bit creepy. I swear...it's not meant to be.

Dont worry. Not creepy at all. I'm Scottish, but have been living in N.Ireland for around 4 years.

And, as soon as my great-aunt dies, I'm off to Budapest :green: :green: :green: Cant wait :2thumbsup:
My great aunt has senile dementia, and is supposedly in the very final stages, although she's practically been on her deathbed for the last 4 years. She's now struggling to swallow her food, so we've been told she is likely to die any time now.

I know it sounds cruel to be so eager for someone to die, and I do admit that a lot of my eagerness for her to die is so that I can move abroad.
I do think its wrong to keep people like her alive, just to suffer every day, and I know that she wouldnt have wanted to live like this. Every day looks like  a nightmare to me, and I hope for her own sake that she dies as quickly as possible.

Scottish eh? Interesting...scottish accents range from cool to unintelligible to my ear. Sometimes I hear a real thick scottish accent and I gotta hear it multiple times to understand.

It would still be cool to hear it. It would be cool to hear everyone's accent actually. Maybe a recording app can be downloaded to the page.  :apondering:

I think Im pretty easy to understand, although I dont know how Scottish I really sound. I dont have a thick accent at all. At school, everyone thought my accent was Welsh or Irish :laugh: Everyone over here seems able to tell Im Scottish though.
I have that strange aspie voice, where I kinda sound like a cross between a Scots girl, and an alien :laugh:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1427 on: July 13, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »

I think Im pretty easy to understand, although I dont know how Scottish I really sound. I dont have a thick accent at all. At school, everyone thought my accent was Welsh or Irish :laugh: Everyone over here seems able to tell Im Scottish though.
I have that strange aspie voice, where I kinda sound like a cross between a Scots girl, and an alien :laugh:

:laugh:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1428 on: July 15, 2013, 08:48:13 AM »
Random observation/picture of the day.

The clematis never has had this much flowers as this year. No fartin' kid ya.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1429 on: July 15, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »
I like clematis.  I'm concerned about vining plants weakening the brick mortar and growing under the roof shingles, so no vining plants for us.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1430 on: July 15, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
You need not be concerned about the mortar between the bricks with clematises (probably all of them named Clematis blahiahae). They don't attach themselves to a wall and need proper support via, for instance, the light wooden frame (like a spine with ribs horizontally) I've made especially for climbing plants. Maybe difficult to see on that photo there but without it the plant will drop to the ground.. leaving no marks on the wall behind it.

I like clematises as well. A very simple but pretty flower with six petals it has.. and that's not that common in the flora-world. Six petals on a flower, I mean.

Honeysuckle is an other climbing plant that will not do harm to your wall or the roof but needs some sort of support also. The plants, it's flowers, gives off a nice scent in the evening/late afternoon as well.

Um, sørry, 'über-replying' maybe, but I just like being a gardener.. seeing plants thrive because I gave it a little bit of attention. Trying to work with mother nature.. 'cause she's the god I worship, really.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1431 on: July 15, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
  Regarding Scottish accents:  Ian McDiarmid speaks with a very ( to my ears ) posh English accent,
  but once in an interview he said something in his native Scottish accent to demonstrate the sound of it ...
  and it was completely unintelligible!  I think he said something about a pub.    :fiveshots:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1432 on: July 16, 2013, 12:35:03 AM »
We're out of coffee. It's a disaster. I don't get my three cups this morning.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1433 on: July 16, 2013, 12:43:20 AM »

That's awful!  I'm sending you some right now!  Coming soon to your local airport!

:plane:  :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1434 on: July 16, 2013, 01:25:39 AM »

That's awful!  I'm sending you some right now!  Coming soon to your local airport!

:plane:  :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Thank you. This is very traumatising.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1435 on: July 16, 2013, 05:14:21 AM »
Envying you, Lutra. My clematis has it's first flower now, other one will be there in a couple of days, and there may be a third, if the bud keeps on developing as it should. The plant looks drained. I planted it last year, and it looked fine. But now it looks as if it needs nutrients. It is the only plant in solid soil that I fed this year. But it makes no difference.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1436 on: July 16, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »
Envying you, Lutra. My clematis has it's first flower now, other one will be there in a couple of days, and there may be a third, if the bud keeps on developing as it should. The plant looks drained. I planted it last year, and it looked fine. But now it looks as if it needs nutrients. It is the only plant in solid soil that I fed this year. But it makes no difference.

Maybe it needs love  :dunno:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #1437 on: July 16, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »
^ Yes, but that basically means knowing what a plant likes and dislikes. Um, avoiding the latter and trying to provide the first.

Thatz real lurve!  :autism:

~

Mine was always like you described yours, Hykey.. and the only difference I can think of now is that I didn't cut the clematis back like I usually do at the end of the summer. Just left it how it was at the end of the season.

Um, maybe the clematis is like the blackberry plant which will provide fruit on the second year's 'wood' only, I'm thinking now. Meaning when one cuts the blackberry plant back it will take two years for it to flower, and thus give fruit a little later, again.

Maybe you could try to leave the plant 'alone', 'Hykey on a little bikey' :laugh: (sørry) later on this year. And, perhaps see if that will work to get the clematis to produce more flowers.

Oh, and I did enrich the soil early spring also but that's what I do every year. Kinda poor sandy soil 'we' have in this neck of the woods. It needs extra nutrients in the top soil for it drains like.. dunno, something that lets water through quite quite easily. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:03:22 PM by lutra »

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1438 on: July 16, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »
Black fingertips. A great sign  :thumbup:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1439 on: July 16, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »
^ Yes, but that basically means knowing what a plant likes and dislikes. Um, avoiding the latter and trying to provide the first.

Thatz real lurve!  :autism:

~

Mine was always like you described yours, Hykey.. and the only difference I can think of now is that I didn't cut the clematis back like I usually do at the end of the summer. Just left it how it was at the end of the season.

Um, maybe the clematis is like the blackberry plant which will provide fruit on the second year's 'wood' only, I'm thinking now. Meaning when one cuts the blackberry plant back it will take two years for it to flower, and thus give fruit a little later, again.

Maybe you could try to leave the plant 'alone', 'Hykey on a little bikey' :laugh: (sørry) later on this year. And, perhaps see if that will work to get the clematis to produce more flowers.

Oh, and I did enrich the soil early spring also but that's what I do every year. Kinda poor sandy soil 'we' have in this neck of the woods. It needs extra nutrients in the top soil for it drains like.. dunno, something that lets water through quite quite easily.

I grew up on sand, it's like a sieve, so know what you mean. Last fall and this spring, I neglected the garden, because of things going on in life. So, I never cut the Clematis back. Did not feed anything in my garden either. Only started doing that, when I began planting herbs in pots late in spring. There's a lot of backlog to be dealt with still. Tja, dat houdt me wel even van de straat.
My tomatoes of last year decided to surprise me with young this year.  :laugh: Took all thieves out, and tied them to stakes.

Hykey desperately wants to have a new bikey.  :laugh: So, looking at Marktplaats a lot, and somewhere this week I'll go to a big bike shop with a brother of mine.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!