Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84195 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #1350 on: June 28, 2013, 07:58:22 PM »
It seems like the nerd girl doesn't work at the café anymore.  The brunette does, though. There is also a new tall girl with light brown hair. The regular cook girl wasn't there either today.

That's because her nerd girl friends ... warned  her.  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1351 on: June 28, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »
They have re-routed all the fracking trucks to the road in back of us...and I think they're blasting for a new well at the farm across the road. The house has shook twice already in the last month.

They already approached the neighbors wanting to run a large water pipe through their property under the road to the farm. Both told them to go get fucked.

Your neighbors are fine Americans, good for them!   :arrr:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1352 on: June 28, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
  My android phone plays dumb when I begin to type a swear word.  I think it is shy.  :autism:

People forget.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #1353 on: June 28, 2013, 08:01:32 PM »
They have been selling fireworks everywhere...and I was like 'wow, whats with the fireworks?' and then I remembered it will be July 4th soon.

Yippee...........................not.

Maybe I should buy a bunch and stock up.  :mischief:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1354 on: June 28, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »
They have re-routed all the fracking trucks to the road in back of us...and I think they're blasting for a new well at the farm across the road. The house has shook twice already in the last month.

They already approached the neighbors wanting to run a large water pipe through their property under the road to the farm. Both told them to go get fucked.

Fracking fracks shit up. I'm sorry to hear this.

Beware an increase in earthquakes, pollution, and water contamination. Let me know when your faucet water becomes flammable.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1355 on: June 29, 2013, 08:28:37 AM »

Beware an increase in earthquakes, pollution, and water contamination. Let me know when your faucet water becomes flammable.

We'll post video. :thumbup:
It's sickening. The whole western half of the state has been invaded by this shit. No money around here, so all people see are the $$ signs, and aren't thinking about what the true cost will be in the long run. All the damage the mining did over the years is now being compounded by this.  :(

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1356 on: June 29, 2013, 01:08:34 PM »

We'll post video. :thumbup:
It's sickening. The whole western half of the state has been invaded by this shit. No money around here, so all people see are the $$ signs, and aren't thinking about what the true cost will be in the long run. All the damage the mining did over the years is now being compounded by this.  :(

Living in an area where they want to try fracking...
The local council, and a few other organisations in the Netherlands left the group where fracking was being discussed, because they had to sign a secrecy vow, and would not get anything but a summary of the findings on trials.
WTF!!! Thought we were still living in a mildly open country. Good for them to step out.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1357 on: June 29, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »
They feed everyone a load of propaganda around here. No one's going to come out from these companies and tell you the bad stuff, that's what people don't realize or don't care about.

Sold a dairy farmer on the idea not too far from me, put the well on his property, started writing out his checks...life was grand...then all his cows started dying.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1358 on: June 29, 2013, 01:28:30 PM »
 :(

I hope we'll be able to stall this testing here, till no one will dare to start it anymore, because of known bad side-effects.

Sometimes public actions have been successful in stopping weird ideas (like storing nuclear waste in salt domes). But, times are changing, and it looks like people are less and less heard, when not part of a company promising profit.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #1359 on: June 29, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »
It's time for revolution!  :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1360 on: June 29, 2013, 01:45:03 PM »
They feed everyone a load of propaganda around here. No one's going to come out from these companies and tell you the bad stuff, that's what people don't realize or don't care about.

Sold a dairy farmer on the idea not too far from me, put the well on his property, started writing out his checks...life was grand...then all his cows started dying.

We need protection for the bovine!    :police:  :hyke:  :police:    We'll save you, Hyke!

People forget.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1361 on: July 01, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »
Today is the 50th anniversary of the zipcode

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1362 on: July 01, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »

Just wait till our rivers and lakes are devoid of fish and eagles and crap all die off. We'll be barren with nothing to subsist off of. We'll fucking deserve it too.

Quick, large, lump sums of cash are enough to turn a lot of people stupid. What happened to critical thinking and forethought? Seriously? This stuff isn't even new... people have known for centuries what too much mining and extraction does to the land, they told fucking myths about it. The entire iron age in greek mythology, and the subsequent floods was telling enough. And yes- people back then were quite capable of changing the land scape in dramatic ways. Look at the great wall of China, look at hug mounds, and pyramids and shit. People were fucking up long before now, and they wrote shit down so we would be more careful. And now where are we? Nobody gives a half a-fuck about history, and in the process screw the future.

ID I OTS.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1363 on: July 01, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »
  The fox in the new Firefox start page logo has an animated tail that looks like a flaming fart.  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1364 on: July 02, 2013, 06:26:14 AM »
Nuclear waste in salt domes? what the fuck kind of waste are we talking about here? a few curies of low-activity crap like tritiated wastes, natural uranium, etc. I.e either low-lifetime or low intensity nuclear waste. I hope its no more than that. Some of the stupid things we (the human species, and the US) have done.

Such as the US simply taking it out to sea in steel containers and tossing it (not to mention hundreds or possibly thousands of tons of former US stock chemical munitions., sulfur mustard, G- and V-series nerve agents, lewisite (I think. This one really has no non-hazardous decomposition products, its an organoarsenical blister agent, so regardless how it degrades, arsenical muck is a certainty, and how deep to sink it? Theres pretty much some forms of lfe no matter how deep you go, even in cores of solid rock drilled from deep ocean trenches that reach seven miles down)

Random observation:
The amount of spam coming in my meat-mail is fucking ridiculous, and as I BET most of it won't end up anywhere else than a landfill pit in china. Although I did get a free 100-snack box offer to persuade me to fork out cash for more. I won't buy from spammers on principle, I could certainly use the free food, as I don't have enough money for enough food a lot of the time.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.