Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84217 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #705 on: October 24, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
For years my house has been chemical free when it comes to cleaning but with the presence of mice now that my cat has passed away, I got OCD about germs and decided to use diluted bleach. I only finished half of my kitchen and I had to open the windows and leave the room because the oldest and I can hardly stand it. Blech.

I once used *undiluted* bleach and had to take a break in my room
  afterward, with teary eyes and a runny nose.  I won't do that again.  :tard:

I have used undiluted bleach also and ended up having to put on a full face respirator to finish
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #706 on: October 25, 2012, 05:07:29 AM »
The cook girl is nice and efficient but pretty ugly. She doesn't seem to be from town but rather from a bit south.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #707 on: October 25, 2012, 07:08:18 AM »
For years my house has been chemical free when it comes to cleaning but with the presence of mice now that my cat has passed away, I got OCD about germs and decided to use diluted bleach. I only finished half of my kitchen and I had to open the windows and leave the room because the oldest and I can hardly stand it. Blech.

I have used undiluted bleach also and ended up having to put on a full face respirator to finish
I used to water mushrooms with up to 150ppm of chlorine and definitely had to wear a respirator mask to do it.

MissKitty, I thought you had gotten a new cat?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #708 on: October 25, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »
A bird (by the looks of the 'dusty' print it left.. a blackbird) has flown against a downstairs window. Luckily I found no dead bird under it.. and think the bird's okay.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #709 on: October 25, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »

I used to water mushrooms with up to 150ppm of chlorine and definitely had to wear a respirator mask to do it.

MissKitty, I thought you had gotten a new cat?
I did but he doesn't venture far out of my son's room at the moment. He spent 3 days hiding under the bed, then was quite comfortable and came when called (in the room) and showed signs of being curious about coming out of the room. So Monday I left the bedroom door open so he could explore and he panicked and went back under the bed. :laugh: We catch him scooting about every once in awhile but he still stays close to the bedroom. I have a large home (3 floors + basement) so I have all of the other rooms closed off so that I don't lose him since he's a nervous nelly and has a tendency to hide if he's spooked. He still feels most comfortable in the bedroom.

He hasn't discovered there's the occasional mouse yet. :)
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #710 on: October 25, 2012, 07:26:48 AM »
Yeah, I remember, your house is massive. Well, compared to what I am used to anyway. Maybe you could try luring your new cat out with treats. From the pictures I saw, he looks really cute and I know I would love to hold him. :heart:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #711 on: October 25, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »
The cook girl is nice and efficient but pretty ugly. She doesn't seem to be from town but rather from a bit south.

How can you guess that she is from south of town, is it her accent?  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #712 on: October 25, 2012, 08:44:30 AM »
The sky seems extra blue today! :prude:
:skywarp:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #713 on: October 25, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »

Just be careful you don't accidentally mix bleach and ammonia  :nerdy:

TheoK

« Reply #714 on: October 25, 2012, 09:57:48 AM »

How can you guess that she is from south of town, is it her accent?  :orly:

Yup. The nerd girl was from town for sure, but this one is from some place farther to the south :toporly:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #715 on: October 25, 2012, 10:18:30 AM »

Just be careful you don't accidentally mix bleach and ammonia  :nerdy:

Yes, that would be truly toxic!  Someone warned me about that years ago!   :nerd!:

People forget.

TheoK

« Reply #716 on: October 25, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »
Fortuna fortes iuvat!  :viking:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #717 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
Yeah, I remember, your house is massive. Well, compared to what I am used to anyway. Maybe you could try luring your new cat out with treats. From the pictures I saw, he looks really cute and I know I would love to hold him. :heart:
I figure he'll come out when he's ready. In the bedroom, he's always out. Laying on the bed, the chair, playing with his toys etc so I'm not worried. As long as he's eating and using the litterbox then I know he's okay and he'll come around in his own time. He's *so* sweet :heart:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #718 on: October 25, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »
I figure he'll come out when he's ready. In the bedroom, he's always out. Laying on the bed, the chair, playing with his toys etc so I'm not worried. As long as he's eating and using the litterbox then I know he's okay and he'll come around in his own time. He's *so* sweet :heart:

My friend's male cat  (feral kitten found crying in the snow)  has always
  been shy; even after four years with her, he still tends to hide in the bedroom
  when company comes over.  He's healthy and happy, though, like yours.  :heart:

People forget.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #719 on: October 25, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »

I adopted an American Shorthair from a breeder who wanted to put her down because she was too skittish to breed.  She was a beautiful cat, but scared of everything.  It took 6 years before she began to interact with her people.  She died a couple of years ago from cancer at the age of 12, but those last 5 years or so she was super cuddly.