Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84211 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #6060 on: February 01, 2024, 04:11:33 PM »
I need a new Youtube obsession. The last one I had lasted three or four years, and the one before that lasted about three years. Anyway I'm over it so now I'm bored and don't know what to do when I go there.  :dunno:

Two that I have been watching more of lately
Furniture restoration  https://www.youtube.com/@DashnerDesignRestoration/videos
Old Radio TV repair  https://www.youtube.com/@shango066/videos

Thanks for the help.  :lol1: The radio/tv stuff probably wouldn't intrest me, but I may give the furniture DIY a try.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6061 on: February 02, 2024, 12:57:19 PM »
I got to see a Tesla fire this morning.

He was in front of me in traffic for a while, but bullied his way quite far ahead; aggressive driver, completely self entitled and probably late for work. I had noticed his arrogant personalized license plate which said,  "HAHA OIL"
Funny, but I mainly noticed his rude driving style and kept an eye on him.

His car began to go slower and falter it seemed. He was pulling over to the curb, going more slowly than the inching along traffic he was trying to beat, when the entire undercarriage of the car ignited in small flames at first. He was only a few cars ahead at that point.

I switched lanes "immediately" (it took a while to get away from that thing) to the far outside lane.

Traffic was still just creeping along, but suddenly no one wanted to be in any of the right hand lanes (six lanes each direction area of the highway). Everyone was trying to cross into the far left side.

I wanted to simply rubberneck and start taking cell phone pics by the dozens, but I just got away from it, a foot at a time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 01:04:04 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #6062 on: February 02, 2024, 06:16:33 PM »
It took me awhile to deliver the cleaned laundry to the residents the second time around... only reason for the delay, that the possible confusion is because one resident in particular threw me off guard three times.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6063 on: February 05, 2024, 08:27:35 AM »
A girl at work is leaving, she has 6 days to train her replacement who is literally just the receptionist from downstairs getting re-assigned.
I know how to do at least 50% of her job (I mean I mentioned it in my resume and cover letter when I applied for my job, but you know how employers skim over those details, so they effectively don't know that I know).
I'm still deciding whether or not to put my hand up to help. Leaning towards not. Not because I want to see the replacement struggle, but because I don't want to get taken advantage of and end up a crutch when this replacement inevitably can't fly on her own in the role.
It's just an admin/client support role, but it's very broad in it's description and scope, the learning curve is steep, the clients are scum, and the boss doesn't know what day it is most days. The girl in a similar role at my old place was still coming to me asking for help every now and then, after 4 years in the job.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6064 on: February 05, 2024, 06:27:16 PM »
^I'll bet the replacement starts coming to you for help once the girl who's leaving is gone.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6065 on: February 06, 2024, 06:48:40 AM »
^I'll bet the replacement starts coming to you for help once the girl who's leaving is gone.

That's a guarantee. It's just a matter of what do I do when she does. Feign cluelessness?

Between now and when she takes over there's only so much the outgoing girl can show her. It all relies on the boss being present of mind enough to do his part of the work process first before the admin girl(s) can do the next steps together as a training exercise.
They're too lazy to advertise and look for someone experienced for the job. I'm not about to swoop in and save them from the consequences of their laziness.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #6066 on: February 06, 2024, 12:04:21 PM »
Mom's new computer isn't delievered until at least 4pm today... should be fine... also I need to get my paystubs from work to report to Social Security (basically reporting my wages, etc, etc.)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6067 on: February 06, 2024, 02:59:41 PM »
Some *very* slippery roads this evening.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6068 on: February 06, 2024, 07:24:00 PM »
Mom's new computer isn't delievered until at least 4pm today... should be fine... also I need to get my paystubs from work to report to Social Security (basically reporting my wages, etc, etc.)
You have to report physically? I report once a fortnight via an app on my phone. They haven't audited me...yet.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #6069 on: February 06, 2024, 07:42:06 PM »
You have to report physically? I report once a fortnight via an app on my phone. They haven't audited me...yet.

I report on an app on my phone... It's just needing to know the total of what I made, etc, etc.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6070 on: February 14, 2024, 12:46:44 PM »
Another day of "I'll never know what I'm going to find on my walks."  A couple of days ago it was some wood pieces of broken office furniture.  Most of the wood was in good shape and enough there to do a repurposing project to use my large piece of granite tile and make a small deck/porch table.  Next to it was a large plastic bin with drawers in it.  Intact and  in good shape.  Couldn't use it myself since our two car garage doesn't have the space.  But, I dragged it out of the woods and left it by the side of the road.  Several hours later, it was gone.  Somebody could use it! 8)   Today, I noticed an orange handle sticking up and when I got to it, found it was attached to a small pick axe head.  The head was a bit dinged and worn, but, still very much usable.  That's a keeper for when I do any serious rock hounding in the future.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #6071 on: February 14, 2024, 01:06:46 PM »
I know aliens live among us... just not sure whose an alien, or just a really dumb stalker who won't stop obsessing over me -___-

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6072 on: February 19, 2024, 05:01:17 AM »
Funeral day and time announced.

Now for the hard work; making sure as many people as possible know and invite themselves to attend (the opposite of what his hateful family want)  :viking:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6073 on: February 19, 2024, 06:56:11 AM »
I bought a loaf of raisin toast on Friday and I haven't touched it yet :-[

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here