Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5895 on: October 28, 2023, 03:28:05 PM »
^yes
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5896 on: October 28, 2023, 03:30:01 PM »
I was likened to a senior citizen the other day. The caller was another spammer wanting me to switch to another mobile provider. Said I would soon be entitled to a senior citizen discount. :laugh:

Told him to fuck off.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5897 on: October 28, 2023, 08:43:42 PM »
I seriously want to kill my neighbors dogs, chesapeake bay retrievers and they bark at all hours and at every little thing outside.  I hate them! >:(
I know the frustration. From 5am to 8am this morning, the dog across the road was howling. I bet they leave it alone with nothing to do.
They are not small dogs either.  They rarely go for any degree of walks, just taken out to do their business.  As for your howling dog, it's lonely and wants some company.  We had a dog who did that in the unit next door to us when the residents went to a party and left him alone one night.  One mournful howl after another, but, they eventually moved out so that problems gone.  I should also add that the neighbors with the 2 barkers recently had twin babies and when one wails, so does the other especially since they are apporaching their "terrible 2's" toddler phase.  Makes for interesting times trying to get some morning sleep   ::)
They don't leave the dog alone often, but when they do... geez. They could easily give it a meaty bone to chew or some toys to play with/wreck. But i don't think they do.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5898 on: October 29, 2023, 07:44:15 AM »
I noticed a city truck parked outside and I went to see what was up.

They were taking samples of my ash tree, again.
I found out last year, when they advised me of the road, drainage and sidewalk work they just finished a couple of weeks ago and took my fabulous red maple tree down, that my ash tree was registered with the state forestry service and had a serial number.

Apparently there are only a few hundred left in Indiana that are not infested with ash borer bugs. All they know of are registered, serial numbered and tested every month.

They've taken down two infested ash trees from near neighbors' homes this summer. They take samples of healthy trees trying to figure why some survive in the midst of so many infested trees.
Mine is still clean. No one knows why, but taking all these samples from healthy trees, maybe they can come up with something to save the few remaining ash trees in North America.
I told them to do what ever they need to do that could help.

It is not just a few species, either. The entire ash tree genus, Fraxinus is in danger of extinction.
 :bigcry:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 07:48:49 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5899 on: October 29, 2023, 02:34:40 PM »
Apparently, I wouldn't be surprised if the worst animal took a shit on a bike path.... and by the worst kind of animal, I mean mankind -_-

to describe my frustration with people like that... imagine the rake being mankind's shit, and me as Sideshow Bob:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5900 on: October 29, 2023, 02:43:30 PM »
The abandoned nearby cemetery must have been quite the beer drinkers hang out!  I like to walk in it because it's peaceful and surprisingly quiet for being near a roadway.  Today, I found 2 more old beer cans outside the rock wall that encircles it.  That makes about 13 or so empty cans that I have found there.  Not to mention the four full ones I found.  Outside the rock wall.  Oh well!  I picked them up and disposed of them.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5901 on: October 29, 2023, 03:34:36 PM »
No work scheduled for tomorrow... might as well look for stuff to do otherwise. Halloween is Tuesday, so I'm going to be festive the best way I know how to be.

No annoying the zealots on Halloween won't work for me, especially if some of them are my good friends.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5902 on: November 05, 2023, 04:36:22 PM »
My friend goes through meltdowns... she has bipolar tendencies... but she's also adhd, and a former drug addict :(

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #5903 on: November 05, 2023, 06:30:41 PM »
My ubereats job is on a countdown right now.  I need a new insurance policy and because I have to pay for six months up front it's $2k.  I have 20 days to do it.  I'm not going to make it.  I don't know if they'll boot me off the platform or what.  I'm definitely not going to make it.  I have an interview tomorrow with KFC maybe they'll hire me.  But I have no expectations.  I'm so tired. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5904 on: November 05, 2023, 08:09:25 PM »
Sooner rather than later when I have everything prepared... I'm going to use the referral to get to the Rehab place in order to take the assessment to know if I can, or cannot drive.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5905 on: November 06, 2023, 07:59:45 PM »
The hot glue guns are with the fasteners in hardware at Lowes not with the tools or tape and glue
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5906 on: November 06, 2023, 08:58:59 PM »
Reading the headlines on Twitter and wondering what the Cubbies are planning is just icing on the cake.

What are my Cubbies planning?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5907 on: November 08, 2023, 08:01:12 PM »
I saw a tire come off a boat trailer on the highway today and the guy didn't even stop.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5908 on: November 08, 2023, 08:22:27 PM »
I saw a tire come off a boat trailer on the highway today and the guy didn't even stop.

Sounds like the guy who lost his Skull diesel exhaust ornament that I found.  Couldn't hear or didn't care what he lost.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5909 on: November 08, 2023, 10:46:49 PM »
I've been called a retarded stalker, creep, perv, and an idiot... but narcissist? That's just funny to me 😂 How am I a narcissist?