Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84195 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5745 on: July 14, 2023, 01:04:06 PM »
When I have purpose, and balance in my life... I am at peace

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5746 on: July 14, 2023, 01:05:15 PM »

Wondering or not if I am wanting that peace, is another story... am I better when I am productive, or when I'm miserable?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5747 on: July 14, 2023, 09:32:17 PM »
Wondering or not if I am wanting that peace, is another story... am I better when I am productive, or when I'm miserable?
I know I would prefer you weren't miserable, how could you want that? When you're productive you write and listen to interesting music. :)

Across the road, the neighbours have bought a new puppy. It cried all day yesterday and I thought it would do so all night. I was worried for it because it was very cold last night. But they let it inside, thankfully.

Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5748 on: July 14, 2023, 11:40:20 PM »
I finally got up on the stepladder to look at my bathroom exhaust fan (it was starting to make a god awful noise) only to find the whole assembly has warped! No wonder it's not sitting flush with the ceiling.
Are these things plug and play or do I need a sparky to install a new one?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5749 on: July 15, 2023, 03:44:50 PM »
After a comment I just made in another post, I am revealing that despite having a fully law abiding license for over thirty years since I came to Indiana to carry a concealed weapon, meaning a gun to you liberals, ever since the Indiana laws were retro-dated to support our national Constitution more fully, I have been open carrying almost everywhere I go.

Yeah, I'm fucking old now and I can not fight like I used to, but you really do not want to make that an issue today.

I will probably never draw it, but I always can if a need arises as is my right as an American. Now, Indiana is not yet a "stand your ground" state as some more legal states are. You might have to defend your rights once again if you use a weapon, but if the need arises, my freedom is right on my hip in full view. Even when I stop for coffee or gas or fancy air filters at Lowe's.

I have noticed a Hell of a lot of other patriots are open carrying as well lately.  I applaud them!

I don't think we will ever be Switzerland where every adult is required to keep a weapon and maintain it, but if more people exercised our rights from the beginning it would not seem so "NEW" to some people.
It is not NEW. The right has always been guaranteed in our Constitution.

I just thank the folks in the Indiana Senate who saw fit to agree with the original Constitution as it was written.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 03:47:39 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5750 on: July 15, 2023, 08:43:48 PM »
I finally got up on the stepladder to look at my bathroom exhaust fan (it was starting to make a god awful noise) only to find the whole assembly has warped! No wonder it's not sitting flush with the ceiling.
Are these things plug and play or do I need a sparky to install a new one?
I have no idea but our toilet fan is starting to do the same thing - that is, make a weird noise. It starts off louder than normal, then gradually goes back to the way it's meant to sound.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5751 on: July 16, 2023, 08:51:08 PM »
I need to focus on others

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5752 on: July 17, 2023, 04:32:18 PM »
After a comment I just made in another post, I am revealing that despite having a fully law abiding license for over thirty years since I came to Indiana to carry a concealed weapon, meaning a gun to you liberals, ever since the Indiana laws were retro-dated to support our national Constitution more fully, I have been open carrying almost everywhere I go.

Yeah, I'm fucking old now and I can not fight like I used to, but you really do not want to make that an issue today.

I will probably never draw it, but I always can if a need arises as is my right as an American. Now, Indiana is not yet a "stand your ground" state as some more legal states are. You might have to defend your rights once again if you use a weapon, but if the need arises, my freedom is right on my hip in full view. Even when I stop for coffee or gas or fancy air filters at Lowe's.

I have noticed a Hell of a lot of other patriots are open carrying as well lately.  I applaud them!

I don't think we will ever be Switzerland where every adult is required to keep a weapon and maintain it, but if more people exercised our rights from the beginning it would not seem so "NEW" to some people.

I just thank the folks in the Indiana Senate who saw fit to agree with the original Constitution as it was written.

Hubby has his. I seriously need to get mine, was going to before covid but never did. It's gotten nuts around here...they've been jumping people in the parking lot up the road less than 3 miles away now. Heroin is everywhere + people struggling more than they were before in this dead zone = some crazy shit. Someone tried to pull some shady crap on the kid up there the other day...thankfully he knows the drill and he's normally never alone. I'm always the one flying solo...but I'm not self conscious about being loud asf when need be.  Normally that and staying alert are all I've ever needed, if some dumbass thinks they're going to jump me looking for money...like they say...I might just laugh and help them look.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5753 on: July 18, 2023, 12:03:23 PM »
The kids I told to fuck off yesterday complained about me on Facebook today. Poor babies.

What a bunch of snowflakes!   :laugh:

It's grown since. There's apparently a thread on FB about a grumpy old man complaining about the kids of today and threatening said kids. Apparently I was screaming. :LMAO:

Yep, dumb kids blowing smoke up peoples asses.   ::)

:laugh:

They really should get off my lawn.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5754 on: July 18, 2023, 12:07:12 PM »
A lorry tore down some signs hanging above the motorway, causing miles-long queues.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5755 on: July 20, 2023, 01:06:03 PM »
I really need to do my laundry more often -___-

UGH

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5756 on: July 21, 2023, 12:55:52 AM »
Some of the fireflies in my back yard are at almost tree top level
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5757 on: July 24, 2023, 07:16:45 AM »
Today I realized Second Life is the online thing I've been a member of for the most time in my life (16.5 years and counting).

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5758 on: July 24, 2023, 03:28:32 PM »

Hubby has his. I seriously need to get mine, was going to before covid but never did. It's gotten nuts around here...they've been jumping people in the parking lot up the road less than 3 miles away now. Heroin is everywhere + people struggling more than they were before in this dead zone = some crazy shit. Someone tried to pull some shady crap on the kid up there the other day...thankfully he knows the drill and he's normally never alone. I'm always the one flying solo...but I'm not self conscious about being loud asf when need be.  Normally that and staying alert are all I've ever needed, if some dumbass thinks they're going to jump me looking for money...like they say...I might just laugh and help them look.

I hope you never have a need, but you should be prepared for the worst, because it is already out there.

For those who disagree, I am going to nickname you, "Toetag"  because that is what happens to animals who stick their heads in the sand.
Things are changing. Prepare yourselves or those who are prepared will take your meeger preparations from you.
Don't be a toetag!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5759 on: July 25, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
Road construction seems to be everywhere this summer
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw