Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84182 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5625 on: April 28, 2023, 03:57:29 PM »
OK, I'm judging it from the POV that I disbelieve the rules it gives. For instance, I think circumcision is a bit of an extreme thing to do to a baby in order to gain God's acceptance. I just liked the stories.
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5626 on: April 28, 2023, 04:03:17 PM »
Genesis, good, in what sense? You're given a nonsensical rule that you understandably question and test, and shit happens? Really?

Basically life happens anyway and God intervenes sometimes. People go through hardship, including by other people, and God lets that happen, and intervenes sometimes. I don't get why it has to happen either.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5627 on: April 28, 2023, 04:51:20 PM »
OK, I'm judging it from the POV that I disbelieve the rules it gives. For instance, I think circumcision is a bit of an extreme thing to do to a baby in order to gain God's acceptance. I just liked the stories.

Lots of good stories!

How about the Sephardi and Mizrahi Tribes in North Africa living in a Hebrew based faith community where the young man has to do it for himself as a way to better know God.
Makes me wonder if they believe that God had to circumcise himself for some reason.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5628 on: April 29, 2023, 11:26:54 AM »
The more I realize it, the more creepy Troll and Automaton are.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5629 on: May 02, 2023, 11:27:17 AM »

Lots of good stories!

How about the Sephardi and Mizrahi Tribes in North Africa living in a Hebrew based faith community where the young man has to do it for himself as a way to better know God.
Makes me wonder if they believe that God had to circumcise himself for some reason.

I haven’t got to that part yet, I’m still in Leviticus. Some of it is depressing. It’s my least favourite book of the Bible so far. Maybe I should jump ahead, the hate/good vs. evil mindset is kind of too familiar, and is a pet hate of mine. At least God allows for some misunderstandings.

So, you recommend Obadiah? What others do you recommend?

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5630 on: May 02, 2023, 11:47:08 AM »
Actually, I’ve just finished Leviticus.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5631 on: May 02, 2023, 03:22:02 PM »
Yes, it's obvious I'm lonely.... but I make up for it, for now :-/

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5632 on: May 02, 2023, 09:41:39 PM »
Actually, I’ve just finished Leviticus.

The studies to which I made reference are not a part of any commonly accepted Bible, but rather considered as a part of the Apocrypha and not accteped as "Holy" by Semite nor Gentile.

I know all versions of history are edited and most often, widely accepted historical accounts are only included in Scripture if those writings lead to success in attempts to create a specific cultural following.

Most who have studied the works of the Apocrapha find them just as mystical as most of the Biblical chapters. We each take meaning from them based upon how they sync with our own experiences, just like with the accepted Holy Scriptures.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 09:43:32 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5633 on: May 04, 2023, 06:17:32 PM »
My neighborhood is odd acoustically, my neighbor was working on his house and it sounded like it was coming from further away in the opposite direction from inside my house. When the windows are open upstairs you can hear people talking three houses away like they are in the front yard but in the room below you generally don't hear them at all
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5634 on: May 05, 2023, 11:10:01 AM »
As a "recovering" acoustical and electronics engineer, that would freak me out some.
I have seen things resembling this and can always explain it due to reflection from opposing surfaces and the conduction of intense sound through solid ground, but I could not let a mystery like this just lie to me every day.

:GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5635 on: May 05, 2023, 11:43:19 AM »
Not just today, but over the past month or more, our dog comes running up to me when I return.

This seems like a small thing and many experience this several times per day, but this is the fourth "used" dog (abused dog?) we have gotten in recent times.
It always felt like our dogs were terrified of me at first. Possibly some evil, redneck, yard ape, alpha mother fucker who hated little dogs had already shown their colors to our beloved new pets.

It feels like I am finally winning this little guy over, after about eight months. He meets me at the door, smiling, tale wagging, jumping for joy, so excited to see me return, just like a regular dog does.

I don't know what it is about big ugly alpha bastards that have need to abuse small dogs. Or any animal for that matter.

I do believe that we as Humans were intended to be guardians of all "lesser" creatures. The use of that word "lesser" is open to debate, for I can tell you how most animals are superior to us in many ways, except a few, which we have mastered as "crown of creation/top of the food chain" beasts. We plan more definitively, especially toward our own gain.

Some we take as companions, some we eat, some are burdened by our needs and some we just enjoy to have them do what ever they do.
We are supposed to take care of all of them and give them the best lives they will ever know due to our care.
Sometimes that means getting out of their way, allowing them to just do things they want and to me that always means don't kick them, scream and berate them or hurt them in any way, bastards.

In the old days you could just get a puppy and raise it to know only love and respect. These days, unless you are willing to pay huge dollars for some purebread that will probably have massive health detriments from all the inbreeding, you are going to have to choose an animal which has already been cast off ungraciously and possibly abused from a previous owner., all from a shelter somewhere.
These animals need love too, so I am not saying don't go get a rescue animal! But you should be prepared to exercise some patience as your relationship with them develops. It has taken me a long time to win this little fellow over!

Anyway, I am very happy to report that our fourth dog of late has begun to accept me as more than some yard ape alpha asshole that only means him harm.

The sweet girl dog we lost recently to accident accepted me from the start and I was so fond of her.
This eight pound Chiweenie is coming around, though.
Makes me feel special.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5636 on: May 05, 2023, 12:26:28 PM »
Yoshi keeps digging his claws in the wrong way... I'm trying to tell him/show him that it hurts me when he does that... but in all honesty, maybe he's looking for attention?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5637 on: May 05, 2023, 02:19:21 PM »
Genesis, good, in what sense? You're given a nonsensical rule that you understandably question and test, and shit happens? Really?

Basically life happens anyway and God intervenes sometimes. People go through hardship, including by other people, and God lets that happen, and intervenes sometimes. I don't get why it has to happen either.

And god kills loads of innocent people to teach them a lesson.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5638 on: May 05, 2023, 02:22:20 PM »

Lots of good stories!

As Richard Dawkins put it, he's the most unlikable character in all of fiction.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5639 on: May 05, 2023, 02:28:37 PM »

Lots of good stories!

As Richard Dawkins put it, he's the most unlikable character in all of fiction.

QFT

... and I think that is the point of His "existence" whether fiction or faith based.

You do not want to piss God off. Join us and become one of us and we will teach you what that means, more or less.
 :autism: