Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5250 on: July 31, 2022, 05:18:22 PM »
Now that I am temporarily unemployed I need to stay busy... and right now I'm trying to construct this lego set... only thing is these pieces look impossible to put on top of the head piece I am working on. What do I do? It's a Batman Classic TV piece... and I'm just puzzled with these pieces not complying.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5251 on: August 02, 2022, 05:56:15 AM »
My wife made an awesome blueberry pie yesterday.

I decided another piece would work as a breakfast. Fabulous!
 :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5252 on: August 09, 2022, 07:31:20 PM »
Seems like Odeon has not popped his head up for a couple of weeks. Happens more often these days.
 :'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5253 on: August 09, 2022, 07:36:01 PM »
Hopefully he's okay

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5254 on: August 09, 2022, 09:06:58 PM »
Hopefully he's okay

I'm sure he is.  Most likely busy with real life.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5255 on: August 10, 2022, 04:50:55 AM »
Seems like Odeon has not popped his head up for a couple of weeks. Happens more often these days.

This place has slowed a great deal in recent years. Had the thought quite some time ago there might simply be a loss if interest. That would be understandable and KTLO is appreciated.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #5256 on: August 10, 2022, 08:00:19 AM »

This place has slowed a great deal in recent years. Had the thought quite some time ago there might simply be a loss if interest. That would be understandable and KTLO is appreciated.

And nobody would care if Dox47 outed himself, finally.
:dog:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5257 on: August 10, 2022, 12:16:45 PM »
My interwebs is being a little glitchy today. I'm trying to stream a show and it keeps bogging down and refreshing. :emosad:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5258 on: August 10, 2022, 01:57:16 PM »
MAGAites think that a raid that was given a legal warrant, and due process is illegal if the raid was done to their grand leader.

I don't understand the standard here....

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5259 on: August 10, 2022, 03:33:49 PM »
MAGAites think that a raid that was given a legal warrant, and due process is illegal if the raid was done to their grand leader.

Delusions are not just an Island chain in Alaska!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5260 on: August 10, 2022, 05:51:55 PM »
My interwebs is being a little glitchy today. I'm trying to stream a show and it keeps bogging down and refreshing. :emosad:

Stormy stuff, rainy all day, weirdness happened yesterday.

Yet, today the electricity has been off four times. All the 'net things reset after a bit, but it all seems a day late.
Why today with dark but pleasant skies. Why not yesterday with all the lightning and fun.
 :dunno:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5261 on: August 10, 2022, 06:19:19 PM »

The problem is that our Constitution includes very specific wording in the Fourth Amendment.
There must be some affirmation of very specific illegal items known to be within a property to even have a proper warrant issued by the Justice system.

Here is a quote from the Constitution we have all agreed to honor and live by:

Amendment IV

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

It is not so vague as some other Rights we enjoy.

In theory, according to the warrant to search, Trump was supposed to have left the White House with classified documents in his possession.

Trump is an ass, but not a stupid ass.  If he stole classified documents, who in their right mind would think he was comfortably sitting on stolen classified Presidential documents in his Florida sanctuary a year and a half later?

Use your brain.
This is different from how the media is portraying the thing.

Some think I'm a big Trump fan because I live a conservative life, but those short thinkers just do not know anything about me.
I am conservative, yes, but do not try to dump me in with the ignorance and foolishness the Republicans have shown recently.
I have voted Republican in the past, but not for any of this set of morons.
To be clear, I am not a Republican.
 :heisenberg:

Just noticed that I have one of the best numerical palindromes ever as a post count. I can never post again without removing previous posts.
 :lol1:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:46:33 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5262 on: August 10, 2022, 06:22:47 PM »

Delusions are not just an Island chain in Alaska!

Or me wishing I would find the right woman before I'm at least 40  :yawn:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5263 on: August 10, 2022, 09:27:26 PM »
Some think I'm a big Trump fan because I live a conservative life, but those short thinkers just do not know anything about me.
I am conservative, yes, but do not try to dump me in with the ignorance and foolishness the Republicans have shown recently.
I have voted Republican in the past, but not for any of this set of morons.
To be clear, I am not a Republican.
 :heisenberg:

That's the weird thing, conservative political parties everywhere are going bat shit insane, the Liberal/National Party here in Australia (our conservative party) just went off the rails and did so much corrupt shit and did it in a way where they though they were untouchable, so blatant. We even had pretty much all of our main stream media backing them. I think a lot of conservative voters here just had enough of it. Even past conservative leaders were sick of how the party has acted recently. I get the impression similar things have happened in your neck of the woods.

Seems like somebody behind the scenes is pushing some strange agenda.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5264 on: August 11, 2022, 01:12:20 PM »
I'm only the small minority that still thinks he is a puppet -___-