Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84180 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5145 on: May 24, 2022, 05:59:02 AM »
I am in violation.

My car registration renewal papers came almost two months ago and I mailed them back the next day. They still have not arrived. We are driving on expired plates.
:hide:

I hate this!
I am not one of these liberal types. I am quite conservative. 
I like to follow the laws of the land. I need a little cooperation from, "The Land,"  though. DAMN IT!!

Update:

My wife's plates came today. So she won't be fired from work or blackballed from her union for driving illegally. This is big!
WHEW!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:19:51 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5146 on: May 24, 2022, 07:01:42 AM »
How does it feel to know that your woke-ass Tesla purchase is helping another sketchy billionaire to buy up things like Twitter?

:hahaha:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5147 on: May 24, 2022, 09:10:12 AM »
THIS IS MY CAR!

This one is not mine, but I saw this and almost shit my pants. My baby is darker blue metallic, white interior, SWEET!

I need to get her out again and make it a prime time moment. She needs a headshot.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:22:38 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5148 on: May 25, 2022, 03:47:50 PM »
My B&W sub arrived. It's one hell of a sub. It's tiny but amazingly musical. It can do 25Hz in the right environment, which is plenty for me, and it never ever gets boomy. It's incredibly refined for what it is.

I'm expecting another several hours of listening to get it to settle, though.

The mysterious  "Break In"  concept is a real thing, even though the flat earthers tell us we are all full of shit. Hundred hour range is common for a low frequency transducer to get to the designed specifications and begin to perform where it should.

You do not have to add the "for what it is" phrase with your new subwoofer. What it is is a highly capable music machine which will fill a small space.
I have not heard the 8" B&Ws, but I am very familar with the 10" efforts from this company. They are quite capable and supremely mucical.
One acid test for any good low frequency enhancement system is that it disappears when used, only popping its head up when needed.

After positive placement, some break in and your adjusting it to match what you are already used to hearing, I believe you will be satisfied.
 :thumbup:

Been listening to lots of music lately. It's a wonderful little speaker, unnoticeable when it needs to hide and precise when it needs to act. I've been moving it slightly every now and then but it seems my initial instincts were right so it now stands pretty much where I first placed it.

Very happy with it. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5149 on: May 25, 2022, 03:55:46 PM »
Was in a client meeting today, supposedly a simple demo by a colleague. However, the client finished the session with "oh, just one more thing we're wondering about," never a good thing. This one was a product question that was urgent but the first time I'd heard about it, and a critical issue, too. People really need to start telling me things so I won't have to find out like this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5150 on: May 25, 2022, 07:09:06 PM »
There is an osprey nest on the police stations radio tower
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5151 on: May 26, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »
The longer I am away, the more weepy that troll portrays herself to be to a mutual friend...

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5152 on: May 28, 2022, 06:24:11 PM »
The boy's car has a few small nicks in the paint that need attention. I found his touch up pen but I've never done that before, so I'm going to do some research tonight on how to use it, and if I feel brave enough I might do that tomorrow. My car has a couple nicks too, but I don't have a pen. I should get one.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5153 on: May 29, 2022, 12:34:24 AM »
This is not so random.
We saw this coming. We have had four vets look for any answers about our old dog and to help us determine his difficulties and his age.

He is old! Three vets agree that he is between 12 and 14 years old. That's getting way on up there for puppers!
When we got him four year ago, we were told he was three years old.  But we were seeing this cataract develop and nothing they could do.

He has been one of the happiest, jumpiest, playful, enthusiastic dogs I have known until recently.

I just had him out again, at his request 1:30AM, but he has in the past month gone completely blind and is suffering from extreme depression.

This is not a joke. I know I have been posting almost exclusively on the laugh thread, but this is for real.

After weeks of research about his condition and looking for coping therapy ideas, we are there. He is completely blind now.

He has gone downhill for quite a while, like not being able to jump on to the couch successfully at times or make it up into my car when we take him out (and he always wants to go anywhere with us), all the time watching this continually growing cloud in his eye.

I have never cared for a blind dog. I have known several others who had happy, loving blind dogs, who loved them even more for the care and patience the dogs required. Those were all young dogs.

My little buddy is much older than we had been told at first. The one vet I trust the most has shown me pics of advanced aged dogs' wear patterns on teeth and my dog has even more severe wear on his teeth.

Even if we can help him find his way around the house and yard again, he may not have much time left.
He has brought a smile to my face every day I have known him and filled my heart with warmth watching him "tolerate" my daughter's over affectionate constancy of hugs and such which he never cared for, but accepted from her.

Yeah, I've been on and on about my big booboo lately, but this is worse. I was mad about breaking my arm, but I am deeply saddened to see my little buddy going down like this.

If I seem to disappear, I'll be back. But you will know why, now.
I can handle this. I've had to put down many favorite pups and kitties over my life, but this one will devastate my daughter. My son won't show much, but this will hurt him, too.

I'm going to hold out as long as I can, but when my buddy stops smiling at us when we are with him, things may have pushed me to make a final decision.

Either we have all had to do this or we all will have to if we choose animals as partners. It just happens. My daughter is not ready.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 12:42:44 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5154 on: May 30, 2022, 10:31:50 AM »
Both the guys commented on the fact it's noon and I'm still in my pajamas. I guess that just doesn't happen.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5155 on: May 30, 2022, 12:51:15 PM »
Both the guys commented on the fact it's noon and I'm still in my pajamas. I guess that just doesn't happen.  :lol1:

Of course it does.
It's a holiday, for one.
My wife has been on vacation this week. She spent half the week in her jammies. She changed a lot due to the weather going back and forth, but the only times she put her jeans on was when we went out or for the patio project, still underway.

I say 'jam out every chance!
 :lol1:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 12:54:02 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5156 on: May 30, 2022, 06:23:00 PM »
Wrote out a long tweet in response to Dan Rather:

When has it ever subsided? The division is what's causing the country to fall apart... morons in the GOP spewing stupidity, Nancy Pelosi trying to be hip yet she's not understanding the fact that the Democrats need new blood, someone with just as much experience as her to lead as well to unify the country as a whole... yes we need the GOP, just as the GOP needs the Democrats... but this us vs. them complex needs to stop... The divide is what's making it unbearable to live in the states.

As long as we get rid of the trouble of Ms. Greene and the other MAGAites, we can move on to the stuff that matters... not the stuff that causes the rift that I am sick and tired of. Do you understand my anger, Mr. Rather?

Do you understand that as an autistic observer, I have to witness xenophobia, and ignorance take the center stage, as well as seeing the Democrats trying to put their yes men who aren't Bernie Sanders into the running as President of the "Beacon", the one that immigrants from far and wide strived to approach, yearning to be free? Because that's the society I still remember.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5157 on: June 03, 2022, 06:45:11 PM »
Tractor trailer on the parkway again this morning stopped just before a bridge he was not going to be able to fit under :zombiefuck:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5158 on: June 04, 2022, 02:23:08 PM »
Google Maps invented a roadblock and suggested I take a much longer route, today. I didn't take the bait, and there was no roadblock.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5159 on: June 05, 2022, 02:03:22 PM »
There was conjoined twins at the flea market today

George Bernard Shaw