Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84208 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5115 on: April 30, 2022, 12:24:40 PM »
I'd agree with Ren. I enjoy your posts.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5116 on: April 30, 2022, 12:31:24 PM »
My B&W sub arrived. It's one hell of a sub. It's tiny but amazingly musical. It can do 25Hz in the right environment, which is plenty for me, and it never ever gets boomy. It's incredibly refined for what it is.

I'm expecting another several hours of listening to get it to settle, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5117 on: May 01, 2022, 10:04:44 AM »
My B&W sub arrived. It's one hell of a sub. It's tiny but amazingly musical. It can do 25Hz in the right environment, which is plenty for me, and it never ever gets boomy. It's incredibly refined for what it is.

I'm expecting another several hours of listening to get it to settle, though.

The mysterious  "Break In"  concept is a real thing, even though the flat earthers tell us we are all full of shit. Hundred hour range is common for a low frequency transducer to get to the designed specifications and begin to perform where it should.

You do not have to add the "for what it is" phrase with your new subwoofer. What it is is a highly capable music machine which will fill a small space.
I have not heard the 8" B&Ws, but I am very familar with the 10" efforts from this company. They are quite capable and supremely mucical.
One acid test for any good low frequency enhancement system is that it disappears when used, only popping its head up when needed.

After positive placement, some break in and your adjusting it to match what you are already used to hearing, I believe you will be satisfied.
 :thumbup:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 10:23:00 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5118 on: May 01, 2022, 10:16:10 AM »
Apparently, in China they have a yearly contest I had not heard of as yet. Much like our own Miss America pageant, except they are looking for the best buttock presentation.
Spending too much time on the 'net lately, I suppose.
Hey, I'm nursing a booboo!

This particular winner looks like an anime character in the face, almost, but her butt?  Yep, earned the top spot. Couple of pics of this celeb.  Oh, this was before the pandemic. Not sure if the pageant has been re-imagined yet.

Outstanding buttockery!

:lol1:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 11:48:45 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5119 on: May 01, 2022, 10:30:06 AM »
I'd agree with Ren. I enjoy your posts.

Thanks for your indulgence. I'll try to rein in the typos a bit better.
Trying to use two hands typing, now, but I have very little control of my left.
No nerve damage they tell me, just massive atrophy of the entire mechanisms of my left arm and hand.

My arm was stilled for two months while the bones healed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 10:32:01 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5120 on: May 01, 2022, 10:55:54 AM »
This day has been amazing in so many ways.

Last night it rained most of the night. Just a constant, steady, light rain with short periods of stormy winds, thunder, lightning and heavy downpours.

This morning has been all about the birds here. We opened the house up and it is almost like the birds are inside our "greatroom." Their calls are just echoing around inside the house. I love birds.

I love our new home!!

I walked our girl dog out very early, rain seemed to be over, sun was barely a promise. I could hear voices.
It is so quiet here. I look around and it was two blocks away down the street, people were talking and I could understand their speech.

Nothing like that at the old place. We are so removed from the hustle and bustle and noise of the city that I am still getting used to the quiet. Amazed.

But the birds are still partying!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 10:58:22 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5121 on: May 09, 2022, 02:41:37 PM »
There is a guy who travels around with his dog, breed unknown, looks beagelish.  Anyway, when I first encountered this pup, was when I was bicycling down the road and behind me I hear an incessant barking.  And of course I am thinking, "Oh shit, I am being chased by a fucking dog."  The barking gets louder and louder as it gets closer and closer.  FINALLY, it reaches me and turns out to be a dog, with its head out the window barking incessantly as the car goes by.  <WHEW>   So since then I have learned that this dog is what it is.  You can hear it coming and you can hear it going, barking incessantly, like a hound mix breed.  Now that the weather has warmed, his owner drives a motorcycle with the dog in a cage in a sidecar.  Barking incessantly, and you can hear it coming and going.  I have named the dog, "Doppler Dog", for the effect of its sound.   :LOL:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 02:51:57 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5122 on: May 09, 2022, 07:56:17 PM »
Her ass is better than my exes ass!  :o

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5123 on: May 10, 2022, 12:19:31 AM »
Careful, some upgrades come with service contracts and possibly loss of flexibility you've come to depend upon.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5124 on: May 10, 2022, 10:56:23 AM »
Neighbor had pavers for a patio delivered and the guy kept hitting  the lift boom on the power lines :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5125 on: May 10, 2022, 03:36:06 PM »
Careful, some upgrades come with service contracts and possibly loss of flexibility you've come to depend upon.

:nerdy: ok

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5126 on: May 15, 2022, 07:54:22 PM »
I'm way off my game somehow. When I went to take my meds, I noticed I haven't taken them for the past three days. I know what happened last night, I made an impromptu trip to the store because I realized there's not enough bread to last for the week, but I didn't notice that when I shopped on Friday. My medicine alarm went off while I was driving to the store, so I forgot to take them when I got back home. I don't know what happened the other days. Sugarbutt noticed today we're almost out of cheese. I told him, I know right? I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm also almost out of all of my vitamins, and I wouldn't have been able to refill my pill case if it weren't for the days I missed. Sometimes I have to wonder where I've been.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5127 on: May 15, 2022, 08:51:47 PM »
I'm way off my game somehow. When I went to take my meds, I noticed I haven't taken them for the past three days. I know what happened last night, I made an impromptu trip to the store because I realized there's not enough bread to last for the week, but I didn't notice that when I shopped on Friday. My medicine alarm went off while I was driving to the store, so I forgot to take them when I got back home. I don't know what happened the other days. Sugarbutt noticed today we're almost out of cheese. I told him, I know right? I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm also almost out of all of my vitamins, and I wouldn't have been able to refill my pill case if it weren't for the days I missed. Sometimes I have to wonder where I've been.  :dunno:

I am old and I use one of those old people pill reminder thingies that hold a week's worth.

Sometimes I go get pills in all earnest and find "OH SHIT!! it's Wednesday?"  and I have not taken my meds since Monday. How did I miss a day?
I instantly think of a thousand reason why this could have happened.

I usually calm myself and take my BP as I am getting back up to speed with my meds. Often it is fine, but there are times, not so fine.

I dnon't know how to better keep up with my daily meds. Actually, here, we have a thread for that. 
Those pill thingies only work if you check them every day. Not really happening.
I have no answer, only empathic understanding.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 08:55:06 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5128 on: May 16, 2022, 06:26:55 AM »
when I shopped on Friday. My medicine alarm went off while I was driving to the store, so I forgot to take them when I got back home.
Back to this again ...

Your alarm, is it a phone app or do you use the phone's clock settings as a reminder?
Just curious.
I have set my phone clock to go off to remind me at times, but for that to work requires my phone to be close at all times. That is not always the case, so I stopped bothering people.
I do have a warning from my internals that becomes noticeable if I go too long without my tachycardia meds. My heart does the "Jump frantically a few beats and wait" thing that the meds prevent.
Just wondering if your alarm was internal or from a device.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5129 on: May 16, 2022, 03:27:33 PM »
I like listening to this song, I just don't understand why Kenshi Yonezu would call it "Lemon":