Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84178 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5025 on: March 17, 2022, 08:28:01 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of this: people sitting in their cars with the motor running, looking down at their phones. Petrol costs a phenomenal amount lately, yet yesterday I saw two lots of people doing this. One at the work car park and the other at Aldi. How can they afford it!

Another one: kids being left in the car with the motor running and presumably, the air conditioning on. I think that's kind of dangerous.

I see the same thing around here.  I hate just idling and shut the car off unless it's bitter cold.  There is even a law in Connecticut where you can get fined for idling more than three minutes
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5026 on: March 18, 2022, 08:02:26 AM »
I do it mainly because of bitter cold.  :LOL: But even then, not for more than a few minutes while the engine warms up.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5027 on: March 18, 2022, 02:23:09 PM »
To those who live in the state of Georgia, I feel sorry for you having a Representative who is dumb as a bag of bricks.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5028 on: March 18, 2022, 03:43:35 PM »
To those who live in the state of Georgia, I feel sorry for you having a Representative who is dumb as a bag of bricks.

Amen to that! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5029 on: March 19, 2022, 12:56:54 AM »

Amen to that!

Whoever let her run for the representative position to begin with needs a psych-evaluation

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5030 on: March 19, 2022, 04:00:55 PM »
Lots of people out and about again today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5031 on: March 19, 2022, 06:59:03 PM »
so far in the state it's 50/50 with people wearing masks and not wearing masks

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5032 on: March 20, 2022, 02:23:32 AM »
It's quite a lot fewer wearing masks here in Indiana.

There are Huge plastic barriers at every store counter, so if I am the only customer, popping in for coffee for instance, I might not don my mask. BUT, if I am going into a store with just a very few patrons, I mask up. I get weird looks sometimes, but I am the one who is conscious. They will re-awaken soon enough.

I have stopped wearing an additional face shield, because that was mainly to remind ME to not touch my face or rub my itchy eyes or adjust my glasses until I could wash my hands, arms and face, as soon as possible.

Hell, I still got Covid, though. Twice. It's almost become a WHATEVER thing.

We will reach the so called  "herd immunity"  once everyone who is going to die from this virus has already died. That is the standard no one actually talks about.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 02:37:34 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5033 on: March 20, 2022, 02:48:32 AM »

After "living" with my first attempt at wide band DIY audio absorption in my listening room for more than a week, I am very pleased with the results. I still I can benefit from some dispersion of reflected residue, however.
Kind of abandoning the fractal dispersion idea, though. Probably going with typical, proven QRD11 DIY type diffusion for my big flat walls.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5034 on: March 20, 2022, 12:19:42 PM »
I'm still going to wear my mask, so if it annoys an anti-masker/anti-vaxxer then it's a wholehearted "fuck you!" to them... because I want to make it through this in one peace.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5035 on: March 20, 2022, 12:56:46 PM »
I'm still wearing mine and give zero fucks that here the mandate has changed. I didn't trust the government before to make rational and timely decisions, why the fuck should I start now?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5036 on: March 20, 2022, 01:33:16 PM »
I will be wearing my mask as I do not trust people especially at walmart.  Staff AND customers!    :roar:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5037 on: March 20, 2022, 02:35:58 PM »
I'm still wearing mine and give zero fucks that here the mandate has changed. I didn't trust the government before to make rational and timely decisions, why the fuck should I start now?

Same here. But basically in the 1% bracket around here though...and some of the glares I get from people that are unmasked.  :zombiefuck:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5038 on: March 20, 2022, 03:27:17 PM »

Same here. But basically in the 1% bracket around here though...and some of the glares I get from people that are unmasked.  :zombiefuck:

Haven't gotten glares, but, then I see a lot of people and staff wearing masks.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5039 on: March 20, 2022, 08:07:26 PM »
Yeah staff are still wearing them here. I hope I'm making their days a tiny bit better.