Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84210 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4965 on: January 12, 2022, 05:25:02 PM »
Traffic was very light today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4966 on: January 13, 2022, 02:16:19 PM »
Its fucking cold outside

You can say that again!!!!!!!

Honestly, around here in Indiana, it has been the wimpiest winter I have ever seen.  I do realize that I have tipped the hat of the winter Goddess, with this post and she will be all about proving my wrongs.

We've been here before and I am ready for her worst. Moving is the main issue, though. We still have to move more stuff.  Did I mention that we were burglarized?
Evil abounds. Mmost especially close to a big city like Indianapolis. I lost very valuable things with this burglary. All my own fault! I can not blame any other than myself. BUT FUCK!!!

:hide:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4967 on: January 14, 2022, 05:12:15 AM »
Supermarket shelves are getting emptier here. I managed to get some backup toilet paper but until things ease (if they ever do) I will have to get creative with buying stuff for dinner. Tonight; cheese & bacon pasta bake. The pasta is 12 months from my pantry but that's ok :laugh:. The pasta bake jar sauce and the diced bacon were things I could get.

There were rapid antigen tests at the chemist today but they looked a bit...too Chinese, if you know what I mean. Even the instructions were in Engrish.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4968 on: January 14, 2022, 03:22:06 PM »
I just can't leave work alone. Thinking Teams needs to go from the mobile.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4969 on: January 14, 2022, 03:39:02 PM »
Flat pack furniture is evil
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4970 on: January 14, 2022, 04:51:13 PM »
Kind of a late start to the moving effort.

Everyone is sick, but me. Kids did great earlier, but showing barfage and who knows what else comes from an hour in the toilet. :yikes:

I'm fine, but I probably need to keep some distance from others.
I'm here to strike the computer, since we now have wifi up and going at the NEW place.

Ordered a bench grinder to replace the old one.  Bought an eight inch DeWalt HD. I forgot how damn heavy that workbench was and it required Herculean effort to move it with my son. Kind of wanted for the "professionals" to move it, but I could not free it from its bonds in time for that.

We did it, though. Coffee has been the grace of every day moving.
 :lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4971 on: January 14, 2022, 05:31:53 PM »
Interesting how a minor incident involving an Insurance Error causes me great panic, yet when my parents have someone working to waterproof the basement... My cat decides to use his feral tendencies and hides outside the whole time.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4972 on: January 14, 2022, 06:05:14 PM »
Flat pack furniture is evil

Yeah, I have bought some, recently.

Remorse comes with the assembly, but the result is often worth the effort.

Our new home is very modern. So, some widgety looking items go with what we already have.

Fucking Trane AC unit though. One year old. I had thought that all our expenditures upon saving this old house were going to waste, but two year old water heater, two year old water treatment (can not live in Indiana without some form of water treatment), one year old furnace and AC. Two year old roof. We are not losing anything with the new home.

The funny part is that we bought this home at auction. WTF!! Really! Never even imagined that we could have won an auction for a home. But, we did.
Life is good for us. Do well, Parts. I love your input. Do more!

I have already donated the spare washer and dryer, but the microwave (another one year old item) need to go to a family somewhere who needs it. I have a spare range as well. .... and mirrors, FFS!! Too damn many mirrors!
 :lol1:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4973 on: January 16, 2022, 07:13:44 AM »
I might have to start calling dad earlier in the evenings. He was in bed at 7:30pm when I returned his missed call earlier tonight. He and stepma both seem to be in bed dozing off whenever I return his call around that time.
There is still daylight outside at 7:30pm.
Old people :oldman:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4974 on: January 16, 2022, 08:02:57 PM »
^Same with my parents. They also get up at 5am every day.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4975 on: January 16, 2022, 08:40:33 PM »
Used to look forward to retirement as a time when the world would allow my body to sleep when it wanted, which was between the hours of four AM and noon. Though over the past year have started going to sleep around ten PM and don't even use the morning alarm anymore. Might use the alarm just to be safe if ever returning to the office but for now it's pointless. It's weird.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4976 on: January 19, 2022, 11:42:47 PM »
Went to a doctor's appointment today, and the thing I always dreaded the most was the scale. I know my weight is at a stage it shouldn't be in, I know that my injuries seem to be weird, but it isn't injury prone pitcher weird like those guys on the Cubs I used to root for either... the injury-prone tendencies of Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, or even Rich Harden himself... all three loaded with talent, but filled with unlucky situations... I don't want to be in a rut, I don't want my past relationships to define what people think of me.

I am not athletic like those guys, nor am I a STEM variety autistic... I have creative ambitions, but where do I begin?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4977 on: January 20, 2022, 02:30:05 PM »
Seems like Red Bull is the drink of choice of the litter bug A'holes, who throw their empties out on the roadside where I walk.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4978 on: January 22, 2022, 06:17:52 AM »
It is now apparent that painting is my zen, except when painting carved timber legs and cross bars, they can get fucked.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4979 on: January 22, 2022, 06:21:54 PM »
It is now apparent that painting is my zen, except when painting carved timber legs and cross bars, they can get fucked.
Cleaning has always been my zen because it such a mindless yet rewarding thing to do, except for all the grout in this house; that grout can get fucked. :laugh: