Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4905 on: December 13, 2021, 05:35:54 AM »
There's a whole 'nother shopping precinct behind Westfields Kotara??

I know what day trip I'm going on over my xmas holidays :hyke:
I wish I lived near you as I could be your shopping buddy. I love shopping, Mum used to be my shopping buddy a few years ago.

I gotta drive for 2.5 hours to get there though. Day trips to the shopping centres in Newcastle are fun, albeit tiring.
I even drove all the way to DFO in Homebush one time and drove back the same day.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4906 on: December 13, 2021, 12:00:28 PM »
After the great depression glassware mini plate crash.  I did a thorough vacuuming of the kitchen floor and found several shards that I had missed last night after the crash.  For such a little plate it left a lot of shards, big and small all over that side of the kitchen.  And Amber, who dropped the dish, was standing barefoot in the debris field.  I swiftly swept the area around her and told her to wear footwear until I could clean the floor completely in the light of day.  So now that's done.  The floor is safe for barefoot young ladies. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4907 on: December 13, 2021, 01:36:30 PM »
I woke up early this time... (if you count 11:35 as early?) Went to go check up on Dad... he's okay, now I have a wee bit of downtime before I get ready for my shift...

During the downtime, give the birds fresh food, and water... check Yoshi and Louie's water bowl... get ready for work, and avoid annoying my bosses at work.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4908 on: December 14, 2021, 06:30:30 AM »

Found out we lost a family of "friends" in the Kentucky tornadoes.

She worked at the Amazon plant, he was home with the kids. Both locations destroyed. Many families lost.
The entire town looks like a garbage dump from the helicopter fly-over. Very little left of the town.

I know you've all heard all about it, but sometimes it is closer to you when Mother Nature comes calling.
Saddened!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4909 on: December 15, 2021, 07:13:22 AM »
I bought some custard yesterday, had some last night, but now I can't tell it apart from the other half empty tub I forgot was in the fridge that's weeks old.
They literally looked the same inside, no off smell or anything, and the use by date on the old tub was 6 Jan 22. The use by date on the tub I bought yesterday; 1 Jan 22  :O_o:
I think I'm going to avoid buying perishable foods from that particular supermarket altogether from now on.
Twice now I've had the runs, first time due to the Coles brand chicken tenders sold there (and I swear I overcooked them), and the second time after one of the microwavable chocolate puddings.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4910 on: December 15, 2021, 04:20:41 PM »
How many times will it take for me to get blocked by Ted Cruz after calling him Canuck on Twitter?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4911 on: December 15, 2021, 05:02:27 PM »
How many times will it take for me to get blocked by Ted Cruz after calling him Canuck on Twitter?

Well, when he stops licking trumpolini's shoes, maybe he will get around to you. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4912 on: December 15, 2021, 05:58:54 PM »

I blocked him first. I can't be arsed to properly apply myself...he's such a weenie. 

I think Scott Baio was the only one that beat me to the block.

Blocked by Chachi...seriously...wtf. :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4913 on: December 15, 2021, 11:35:01 PM »
 :lol1:

+
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4914 on: December 15, 2021, 11:47:16 PM »
Watched the latest Spiderman movie today. It's pretty much a given that there will be more to see after the end credits but most people left the cinema before that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4915 on: December 16, 2021, 10:32:01 AM »
Just noticed they put a church in a convenience store I used to go to :-\
That's strange.

I grew up Catholic and always thought store front churches were kinda weird but this is even odder I used to go there and buy milk and there is a liquor store next to it
Have never seen or heard of churches in stores, so didn't even know it's a thing.

I can't wait until they start putting 'em in the front of supermarkets. Get me some Bejesus right after checkout.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4916 on: December 16, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »

My daughter has reminded me that we are going to move away from five pets buried in our back yard. She is worried about them.

I don't know where she came up with this latest "truama,"  but I tried to explain how the shells we buried were not our beloved pets and those loved ones had already left those vessels which we were left to dispose.

What next!?!

:dunno:

A reason I never liked burial. Things are too easily to become attached to.
Eating your loved ones seems the most proper way of disposing of remains.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4917 on: December 16, 2021, 12:08:36 PM »
While I do stuff for my own motives and needs, it's nice to know somethings I do get moments of approval from others.  Today, I was doing my usual walk and pick up litter on the stretch of road I have adopted to cleanup.  A truck comes down the hill, beeps at me and the driver gives me a big thumbs up.  Not the first time I have received approval for my efforts.  It boosts my spirits to know that.  And at this time of year with the funk I'm in any sincere positives are gratefully accepted.  Tbh, I thought the driver was going to give me the finger.  Not the first time that has happened while I was walking. 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4918 on: December 16, 2021, 08:54:41 PM »
Just noticed they put a church in a convenience store I used to go to :-\
That's strange.

I grew up Catholic and always thought store front churches were kinda weird but this is even odder I used to go there and buy milk and there is a liquor store next to it
Have never seen or heard of churches in stores, so didn't even know it's a thing.

I can't wait until they start putting 'em in the front of supermarkets. Get me some Bejesus right after checkout.
Personal favorites are the lone prophets loitering outside with a megaphone. Who needs a church? :laugh:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4919 on: December 17, 2021, 01:40:06 PM »
I really can't tell what's fact or fiction with the Troll and Automaton...

Maybe because that's what gaslighting does to you?