Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4800 on: August 26, 2021, 05:16:10 AM »
The stuff I ordered came in the mail today, but the packaging was the same stuff as the dog treat packaging, it was even a similar shape and size, so since it looked and sounded like dog treats the dog was absolutely convinced I had received a delivery of dog treats, and I had to give him a dog treat so he would leave me alone.  :lol1:
Flagged for various ID10T Errors!

One NEVER wants their dog to leave them, and most especially not ALONE!!
Your dog is your best friend, even if you do not recognize this.

He's Sugarbutt's best friend. We're good enough friends, but I struggle with the ethics of owning animals and wouldn't otherwise have one. It's my own personal thing and I don't really understand it, so I don't try to influence other people, but it is what it is.  :dunno:

Owning? You've shown me yet another elevated level of how your varied psychoses have affected your ability to think "straight."
 :'(

You have never owned them, in truth. They aren't actually pets, like your cellphone or your favorite rock. You can only adopt them as family members and establish a guardianship relation where you are in charge of making their lives as pleasant and rewarding for THEM  as possible.
READ THAT PART AGAIN, "for THEM" and do you will do so to the end of their lives. Otherwise, fuckoff, cuz you don't deserve to have animal friends.

If I was to take score, animals own US, not the other way around. If it doesn't seem so, then get a heart and start again.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:20:03 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4801 on: August 26, 2021, 10:36:54 AM »
The stuff I ordered came in the mail today, but the packaging was the same stuff as the dog treat packaging, it was even a similar shape and size, so since it looked and sounded like dog treats the dog was absolutely convinced I had received a delivery of dog treats, and I had to give him a dog treat so he would leave me alone.  :lol1:

He's Sugarbutt's best friend. We're good enough friends, but I struggle with the ethics of owning animals and wouldn't otherwise have one. It's my own personal thing and I don't really understand it, so I don't try to influence other people, but it is what it is.  :dunno:

Owning? You've shown me yet another elevated level of how your varied psychoses have affected your ability to think "straight."

You have never owned them, in truth. They aren't actually pets, like your cellphone or your favorite rock. You can only adopt them as family members and establish a guardianship relation where you are in charge of making their lives as pleasant and rewarding for THEM  as possible.
READ THAT PART AGAIN, "for THEM" and do you will do so to the end of their lives. Otherwise, fuckoff, cuz you don't deserve to have animal friends.

If I was to take score, animals own US, not the other way around. If it doesn't seem so, then get a heart and start again.

I can phrase it differently if that makes it better. It's not something I talk about much because like I said I don't fully understand it, plus I have no interest in making people defensive about their beloved animals, but the fact still remains I struggle with it and I'd personally rather not do it.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4802 on: August 27, 2021, 12:34:00 PM »
I think I have a stalker  :'(

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4803 on: August 27, 2021, 12:35:21 PM »
What did they do this time?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4804 on: August 27, 2021, 12:43:40 PM »

They have a tendency to hide their number from my caller ID because I blocked them... I think they tried doing the same method to my mother's phone at least 4 times

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4805 on: August 27, 2021, 12:44:18 PM »

They have a tendency to hide their number from my caller ID because I blocked them... I think they tried doing the same method to my mother's phone at least 4 times

I have private numbers blocked because of them using that method.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4806 on: August 27, 2021, 02:56:13 PM »

I can phrase it differently if that makes it better. It's not something I talk about much because like I said I don't fully understand it, plus I have no interest in making people defensive about their beloved animals, but the fact still remains I struggle with it and I'd personally rather not do it.  :dunno:

Maybe just make a friend and be the best friend you can be.

This is not a phrasing difference. I am talking about an entirely alternative paradigm to what some do with their beloved charges.

The old saying,  "Be the person your dog thinks you are"  holds merit.

Peace, Bro!
 :grouphug:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4807 on: August 27, 2021, 02:59:32 PM »
I think I have a stalker  :'(

Another?

... or is it the same person ramping up.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4808 on: August 27, 2021, 05:17:34 PM »
Somebody has been doing a lot of pruning and clean up at one of the places I walk the dogs and I don't think it's the city
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4809 on: August 28, 2021, 12:51:49 PM »
The old saying,  "Be the person your dog thinks you are"  holds merit.

QFT

I try. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4810 on: August 28, 2021, 12:55:54 PM »
It's "that time of year" for the dog. She's not yet particularly interested in the many males looking her way but give it another week or so.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4811 on: August 28, 2021, 01:57:45 PM »
I saw a bald eagle 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4812 on: August 28, 2021, 03:59:03 PM »
I saw a bald eagle

Not common here at all, but I saw one last month by the river and so have many here lately.

Not just one bird, either. Seems to be several perusing our humble grounds this summer.

:headbang2:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4813 on: August 28, 2021, 04:24:54 PM »

With my daughter's newfound love of mineral collecting, I tend to watch for interesting items near the river, again, as in my youth.
I often find colored quarts (she loves the pinks), broken spear or arrow heads, various metamorphic or striated sedimentary formations, limestone with shells exposed (kind of fun to find in landlocked Indiana), etc. So common in Indiana that people lose interest, but not me and now my daughter has some interest.

Today, I found an interesting fossil, Not just another petrified coral either.
I have seen quite a few of these in museums and such and I found a piece of a small bone about two inches long with mineralized marrow clearly visible and the structure of the bone is well defined.

It means nothing in the grand scheme, but it will please and surprise her when she returns from work.
 :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4814 on: August 28, 2021, 04:35:32 PM »
It's "that time of year" for the dog. She's not yet particularly interested in the many males looking her way but give it another week or so.

Are you making reference to a breeding program?