Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4785 on: August 21, 2021, 08:14:04 AM »
With Hurricane "Henri" approaching and due to hit New England and spin into NH, it will be interesting to see what happens with customers in walmart today while I work.  It's due to hit our area late Sunday afternoon/early evening.   :hide:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4786 on: August 21, 2021, 09:56:02 AM »
With Hurricane "Henri" approaching and due to hit New England and spin into NH, it will be interesting to see what happens with customers in walmart today while I work.  It's due to hit our area late Sunday afternoon/early evening.   :hide:

Don't stand in front of the bread and toilet paper.

Hope it veers off some, it looks menacing.  :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4787 on: August 21, 2021, 10:18:25 AM »

Further to the East would be great as it stands now I'm in the redzone on my local news :zombiefuck:
Lots of people getting gas in containers today when I filled up my can for my generator
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4788 on: August 21, 2021, 07:29:20 PM »
Had the are occurrence to be out at night and noticed a few random street lights that looked like uv lights. Looked it up and it turns out to be a manufacturer defect which is causing led lights to gradually turn purple, and it's happening all over the country.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4789 on: August 21, 2021, 07:36:05 PM »
Had the are occurrence to be out at night and noticed a few random street lights that looked like uv lights. Looked it up and it turns out to be a manufacturer defect which is causing led lights to gradually turn purple, and it's happening all over the country.

I love purple lights.  :zoinks:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4790 on: August 21, 2021, 07:41:53 PM »

They are pretty but was a little disappointed they aren't uv.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4791 on: August 21, 2021, 07:51:55 PM »
At least the virus is bipartisan

Yeah.... about that....

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4792 on: August 21, 2021, 08:06:56 PM »

They are pretty but was a little disappointed they aren't uv.
The photos of the purple lit streets and homes reminded me of years ago reading about other countries using blue street lights, which were supposed to reduce rates of crime and suicides.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4793 on: August 21, 2021, 09:16:29 PM »

Surprisingly, it was not as crowded as I expected!  Didn't work in the bread aisle, but, the toilet paper section is a bit low on several brands.  The storm is not due to hit us until latr afternoon/early evening Sunday. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4794 on: August 23, 2021, 07:22:06 PM »
The stuff I ordered came in the mail today, but the packaging was the same stuff as the dog treat packaging, it was even a similar shape and size, so since it looked and sounded like dog treats the dog was absolutely convinced I had received a delivery of dog treats, and I had to give him a dog treat so he would leave me alone.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4795 on: August 24, 2021, 01:00:33 AM »
The stuff I ordered came in the mail today, but the packaging was the same stuff as the dog treat packaging, it was even a similar shape and size, so since it looked and sounded like dog treats the dog was absolutely convinced I had received a delivery of dog treats, and I had to give him a dog treat so he would leave me alone.  :lol1:
Flagged for various ID10T Errors!

One NEVER wants their dog to leave them, and most especially not ALONE!!
Your dog is your best friend, even if you do not recognize this.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4796 on: August 24, 2021, 01:55:25 AM »

Random, indeed, but barely relevant, possibly more philosophical than helpful, but if one forgets to bring in their Sun Tea and it sits out at night, does it become Moon Tea?

I will need help powering past this one it seems.

:apondering:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4797 on: August 24, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »
Flagged for various ID10T Errors!

One NEVER wants their dog to leave them, and most especially not ALONE!!
Your dog is your best friend, even if you do not recognize this.

He's Sugarbutt's best friend. We're good enough friends, but I struggle with the ethics of owning animals and wouldn't otherwise have one. It's my own personal thing and I don't really understand it, so I don't try to influence other people, but it is what it is.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4798 on: August 24, 2021, 10:33:43 AM »
I used to struggle with the ethics of spaying and neutering them. Still don't like to think about it too hard. Though I understand logical reasons for doing it. The things we do for population control, when we're also the ones creating the environmental conditions where heavyhanded population control is necessary.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4799 on: August 24, 2021, 01:38:49 PM »
Interviewed an applicant for an architect role today. Interesting to be on the other side of the table.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein