Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84185 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4755 on: July 27, 2021, 07:43:20 PM »
Lots of people out and about mid day for a Tuesday not many were I walked the dogs though which was nice
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4756 on: July 28, 2021, 11:45:55 AM »
It was the same again today. I mean seriously, where did they get their driver's licenses?

ACME school of driving, Wile E. Coyote, chief instructor.   8)

:laugh:

He taught them everything he knows.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4757 on: July 28, 2021, 11:46:48 AM »
A bunch of kids making noise just outside. The dog doesn't like it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4758 on: July 29, 2021, 10:04:53 PM »
There was a dog barking outside a minute ago.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4759 on: July 30, 2021, 12:04:02 PM »
Drove down the highway in the northbound lane and witnessed a fully engulfed in flame shell of an SUV.  Around noon time.  I could feel the heat as I drove in the right hand lane heading south.  Traffic heading north for the weekend in the lakes and mountains was starting to backup big time as emergency vehicles were just starting to arrive.  Took a detour to get home as traffic was backing up for miles.  I never saw such a fireball of a vehicle fire in my life.  I hope the people inside managed to escape the inferno. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4760 on: July 30, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »
Drove down the highway in the northbound lane and witnessed a fully engulfed in flame shell of an SUV.  Around noon time.  I could feel the heat as I drove in the right hand lane heading south.  Traffic heading north for the weekend in the lakes and mountains was starting to backup big time as emergency vehicles were just starting to arrive.  Took a detour to get home as traffic was backing up for miles.  I never saw such a fireball of a vehicle fire in my life.  I hope the people inside managed to escape the inferno.

Propane, most common fuel for RV accessories.... That shit makes one big scary inferno.

Hope they all made it out okay.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4761 on: July 30, 2021, 01:18:30 PM »

Propane, most common fuel for RV accessories.... That shit makes one big scary inferno.

Agreed.  It could not have been burning long for it to be noticed and emergency called.  But, when I went by, it looked like a burning shell. No glass, no tires, nothing but a fireball in a metal shell. 

As for car fires, I have noticed there is usually news of 1 or 2 at least every other week.   :dunno:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4762 on: July 30, 2021, 03:29:26 PM »
Lots of holiday drivers on the motorway again today. A cunt in a BMW tailgated me for around 30 km or so.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4763 on: July 30, 2021, 05:58:34 PM »
The water just off the pier looked murkier than usual today

George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4764 on: July 31, 2021, 07:12:53 AM »

Agreed.  It could not have been burning long for it to be noticed and emergency called.  But, when I went by, it looked like a burning shell. No glass, no tires, nothing but a fireball in a metal shell. 

As for car fires, I have noticed there is usually news of 1 or 2 at least every other week.   :dunno:

Update:  The Driver is ok.  Apparently his check engine light went on, so he pulled over into the break down lane and looked under the hood.  The engine block was on fire and then everything went boom.  He's ok.  Emergency crews were responding to several calls however in the area.  So they were scrambling to get the people to wherever they were needed and calling for assistance from other towns. 

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4765 on: July 31, 2021, 12:31:38 PM »

Update:  The Driver is ok.  Apparently his check engine light went on, so he pulled over into the break down lane and looked under the hood.  The engine block was on fire and then everything went boom.  He's ok.  Emergency crews were responding to several calls however in the area.  So they were scrambling to get the people to wherever they were needed and calling for assistance from other towns.

Glad he's okay.  :thumbup:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4766 on: July 31, 2021, 06:12:47 PM »
Well that's a relief. Lucky the guy was paying attention.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4767 on: July 31, 2021, 08:30:53 PM »
I need to get back into the routine of revising my manuscript... hopefully the new change (or tweak for that matter) in my schedule will help me find days to do work at home instead of being a lazy ass on my days off.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4768 on: August 01, 2021, 08:38:24 AM »
I like how he happens to have a group photo with me in it as his FB banner but he has no idea who the girl in the picture is :autism:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4769 on: August 01, 2021, 05:15:26 PM »
People can be such a pain in the ass

George Bernard Shaw