Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84180 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4470 on: November 01, 2020, 08:47:35 PM »
Anyone have any tips on how much TP I should be stockpiling?
Gopher?

I once read a standard roll last the average person about three days and that seems about right. I have an allotted toilet paper storage space that restricts me so I don't go overboard. The top shelf of my bathroom closet will fit eight 12 packs of jumbo rolls, and I also keep one pack in the boy's bathroom. I estimate one of those packs lasts about a month in our bathroom, and that's probably being a little generous. I have no sense of how much the boy uses. When he needs more, he just takes a pack from our bathroom and I replace it.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4471 on: November 02, 2020, 12:26:00 PM »
 :thumbup: Sounds about right. I'm going to do the math and stock up while I can.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4472 on: November 03, 2020, 04:03:20 AM »
Plenty of people have signs for republican politicians on their front yards but very few of them have ones for Trump,  even the local republican headquarters doesnt have one

Come to Western Pa.

They have signs, flags, banners, and even little cardboard Trump trains decorating the yards.  :zombiefuck:

...and as they party by their bonfires, have fall cookouts, attend his numerous rallies, and hold trick or treat festivities you can smell the scent of stupid and covid in the air.

I think it's going to be a loooonnngg winter here.   :roar:

Anyone have any tips on how much TP I should be stockpiling?
Gopher?

I need the advice of a professional prepper here.  :laugh:

My job is based in western PA.  My boss mentioned on the phone that a senior member of staff in his office has given him a MAGA hat and T shirt to wear in the work place.  He's a little unsure as to how to tell the guy to f**k off without compromising future job prospects.

When I go to that office my first feeling is just how WHITE the office is.  No POC.  Everyone is a white anglo-saxon protestant with a northern european or western european surname.  I wondered where all the dark skinned folks were but you see them at around 6:30pm when its time to clean the office, and all the Central/South Americans drive the cars.   It was like travelling back to the 1950s in terms of race culture.  I tried to explain how different Europe was to them but mostly that led to blank stares and a lot of blinking incomprehension.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4473 on: November 03, 2020, 07:05:43 AM »
It was Melbourne Cup day today and I LOL'ed at the crowd cheering being dubbed into the audio during the race at a completely empty Flemington race course.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4474 on: November 03, 2020, 10:33:29 AM »
People are finally starting to wear masks here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4475 on: November 03, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »
The lines at the polls where  almost to the street when I drove by early but on my way home there were only about 8 people
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4476 on: November 03, 2020, 03:23:16 PM »
I don't think any US election was ever followed so closely around here than this one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4477 on: November 04, 2020, 06:11:09 AM »
I don't think any US election was ever followed so closely around here than this one.

It's a morbid fascination.  We're watching principles being put to death.  Slowly.  But in real time.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4478 on: November 04, 2020, 08:17:26 AM »
 :agreed:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4479 on: November 04, 2020, 03:46:52 PM »
So we have Trump already claiming victory (based on the predicted Red Mirage) as well as massive voter fraud.

And now Biden appears set for victory based on mail-in ballots.

The scene is set for epic butthurt and unrest.

What is really scary is that without the pandemic, Trump would likely have romped to victory. Surely his failed response to the pandemic cost him in the region of 5% of votes?

“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4480 on: November 04, 2020, 05:46:42 PM »
This Portrait of Donald "Jessica" Trump is boring me to tears... can someone please slap me in the face?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4481 on: November 05, 2020, 12:37:50 PM »

My job is based in western PA.  My boss mentioned on the phone that a senior member of staff in his office has given him a MAGA hat and T shirt to wear in the work place.  He's a little unsure as to how to tell the guy to f**k off without compromising future job prospects.

When I go to that office my first feeling is just how WHITE the office is.  No POC.  Everyone is a white anglo-saxon protestant with a northern european or western european surname.  I wondered where all the dark skinned folks were but you see them at around 6:30pm when its time to clean the office, and all the Central/South Americans drive the cars.   It was like travelling back to the 1950s in terms of race culture.  I tried to explain how different Europe was to them but mostly that led to blank stares and a lot of blinking incomprehension.

The whole area is like being in a time warp.

I grew up in Upstate NY, and it was pretty white bread there, but nothing compared to when I moved here.

Your boss is right to be unsure about saying anything...you either become one of them, act along...or try to avoid as much interaction as possible outside of work related matters...most are quick to ostracize anyone that might think differently or isn't on the same page as they are.

The attitudes towards race, sex...it's crazy. Used to tell myself that as soon as I could I was going to move far, far away from this area...almost did...but shit happens. Maybe some day.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4482 on: November 05, 2020, 12:39:15 PM »

It's a morbid fascination.  We're watching principles being put to death.  Slowly.  But in real time.

Yup. You can see the twisted body parts all over the place.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4483 on: November 05, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »
What is really scary is that without the pandemic, Trump would likely have romped to victory. Surely his failed response to the pandemic cost him in the region of 5% of votes?

Saw a trumpist being interviewed. She said the pandemic wasn't his fault.

::sigh::

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4484 on: November 05, 2020, 03:47:52 PM »

Saw a trumpist being interviewed. She said the pandemic wasn't his fault.

::sigh::

That's what they all say.

::)