Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84185 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4320 on: August 08, 2020, 02:24:54 PM »
There's an onion recall I didn't know about. :GA:
:gopher:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4321 on: August 08, 2020, 04:34:40 PM »
^Only from Thomson though. I had the same freak out. I use them almost daily and had 3 sitting on my counter from there
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4322 on: August 08, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »
^Only from Thomson though. I had the same freak out. I use them almost daily and had 3 sitting on my counter from there

brand names Thomson  Premium, TLC Thomson International, Tender Loving Care, El Competitor, Hartley’s Best, Onions 52, Majestic, Imperial Fresh, Kroger, Utah Onions and Food Lion.
https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/thomson-international-inc-conducts-voluntary-recall-red-yellow-white-and-sweet-yellow-onions-because

I checked on the Aldi recall website, and the onions that were in my fridge had been recalled. Sugarbutt already ate one. :emosad:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4323 on: August 08, 2020, 04:56:20 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4324 on: August 08, 2020, 05:07:53 PM »
Still lots of power lines down on the roads in parts of town
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4325 on: August 08, 2020, 05:39:27 PM »
I was sad the other day, now I'm too happy....

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4326 on: August 08, 2020, 07:45:11 PM »

brand names Thomson  Premium, TLC Thomson International, Tender Loving Care, El Competitor, Hartley’s Best, Onions 52, Majestic, Imperial Fresh, Kroger, Utah Onions and Food Lion.
https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/thomson-international-inc-conducts-voluntary-recall-red-yellow-white-and-sweet-yellow-onions-because

I checked on the Aldi recall website, and the onions that were in my fridge had been recalled. Sugarbutt already ate one. :emosad:
Ah okay. I think you have a different list because the only ones transported up to Canada are Thompson so we're only affected by that brand.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4327 on: August 08, 2020, 08:10:52 PM »

Ah okay. I think you have a different list because the only ones transported up to Canada are Thompson so we're only affected by that brand.

It's all actually all Thompson here too, but Thompson sells to other wholesalers and retailers who rebrand the product, so it affected a lot more brand names in the US.  :orly:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4328 on: August 08, 2020, 08:12:19 PM »
That makes sense. I'm just going to go to a local farm for awhile.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4329 on: August 08, 2020, 10:10:24 PM »
The onions from my local Safeway have been extra shitty for the past year or so, going moldy way too fast or maybe there's something wrong with the way I store them, but it probably has nothing to do with the recall.

I'd eat onions from my own garden all year if I could, but I eat a ton of onions and it's nowhere near big enough. The harvest will last me a month or two at best.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4330 on: August 08, 2020, 10:47:08 PM »
I havent had any problems like that, but the recall is for anything shipped since May 1st.  We don't eat a ton of onions, I don't eat any, but I don't know how many the guys have eaten since May, and I have to toss all the breakfast burritos I just prepped in the freezer.  :dunno:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4331 on: August 08, 2020, 11:09:33 PM »
All those breakfast burritos (yum)? What a bummer. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4332 on: August 09, 2020, 01:08:59 AM »
^It's basically the other way around, Scrap. The masks mainly protect others, not the wearer, if WHO and others are to be believed.

To be fair to Scrap, what you said was actually implicit in his post if you think about it:

Most people don't need to wear masks, asymptomatic transmission is extremely rare. If you have symptoms, wear a mask. If you're around infected people, wear an N95 mask.

N95 respirators and surgical masks are examples of personal protective equipment that are used to protect the wearer from airborne particles and from liquid contaminating the face.
ttps://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-surgical-masks-and-face-masks

In this instance at least, Scrap evidently knows his shit.

You're right. My bad.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #4333 on: August 09, 2020, 07:39:43 AM »
I havent had any problems like that, but the recall is for anything shipped since May 1st.  We don't eat a ton of onions, I don't eat any, but I don't know how many the guys have eaten since May, and I have to toss all the breakfast burritos I just prepped in the freezer.  :dunno:

Heat kills off salmonella.
:dog:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4334 on: August 09, 2020, 08:02:50 AM »

Heat kills off salmonella.

I don't know if lightly sauteing some onions in a pan equals cooking them thoroughly. I don't even know if those onions have any salmonella, but I do know Sugarbutt's health is kind of fragile and I can't knowingly let him eat food from a salmonella recall. I wouldn't do that to him even if he were healthy. :lol1:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:45:25 AM by Gopher Gary »