Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84188 times)

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4140 on: April 26, 2020, 07:28:20 AM »
Seems like nothing much has changed about this whole corona situation. However, I've noticed that you can see the night skies a whole lot more than you could before all this.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4141 on: April 26, 2020, 08:04:37 AM »
A friend of mine in LA, posted a picture of the LA freeway during what would be normal rush hour traffic jam.  The sky was blue with no pollution haze to obscure the view. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4142 on: April 26, 2020, 08:54:48 AM »
Was on FB and saw a family in Grosse Point Michigan had put up signs on the sidewalk that said "You have now entered the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Silly Walks,"  so walk silly or something to that effect.  And apparently, their neighbors are running with it.  Even allowing themselves to be filmed for posting on the internet as a way of boredom relief.  Creativity and self expression know no limits.   8)

https://www.boredpanda.com/yorkshire-silly-walks/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:14:36 AM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4143 on: April 26, 2020, 02:25:12 PM »
We are a terribly uncoordinated family when it comes to sports (okay me and the kids, HB has always been good at sports) so playing badminton was full of belly laughs.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4144 on: April 27, 2020, 07:47:52 AM »
A good day to hike a local nature preserve!
I wish that was an option here but they've all been closed and the fines for using them are hefty.

I merely parked my car within the vague vicinity of a park (and then walked the other direction) and had a cop suspiciously pulling up to the vehicle.

So I'm resorting to taking the cub to less conspicuous places for a walk. Like random other neighbourhoods. And graveyards.  :LOL:

My mom and I always went on walks through the graveyards.  We used to love it, we used to randomly "adopt" some of the neglected older graves and trim around them, planting flowers etc. Sprucing the place up a bit. :laugh:

My mom did this with me also mostly the really old ones  we also used to go looking for the little family ones that were overgrown.   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4145 on: April 27, 2020, 07:54:33 AM »
Most parks around here are still open though some features like the boardwalk over the marsh and play equipment are closed. Not really sure why walking along the street and staying apart is any different and walking in parks and doing the same

George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4146 on: April 27, 2020, 11:00:20 AM »
Most parks around here are still open though some features like the boardwalk over the marsh and play equipment are closed. Not really sure why walking along the street and staying apart is any different and walking in parks and doing the same

Rough guess, Parks may be more of a temptation to congregate in groups.  And children would definitely not follow social distancing in a playground. 

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4147 on: April 27, 2020, 05:19:26 PM »

Rough guess, Parks may be more of a temptation to congregate in groups.  And children would definitely not follow social distancing in a playground.
That's exactly why they closed them here. The trails were packed on sunny days.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4148 on: April 27, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »

That's exactly why they closed them here. The trails were packed on sunny days.

I have seen lots of people but not really in groups everyone keeps their distance,  personally I don't go if there's too many people but I was the same before this started. At some of the state parks they have closed the parking areas when they have deemed them too crowded till some people leave.   As to the children thing the playground and equipment were closed early on.  I have a yard I can get out in but think of all the people who live in apartments maybe not in a walkable area  that have nowhere to go.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4149 on: April 28, 2020, 01:09:26 AM »
People have been ignoring the social distancing recommendations in some restaurants. Now the health authorities have forced some of the restaurants to close.

Still think mandatory social distancing is a better idea than a stupid recommendation. People comply for a while but then there's beautiful weather with no corona in sight and they start thinking how bad can things be, really. Surely nothing bad would happen when it's sunny outside?

Fucking idiots.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4150 on: April 28, 2020, 07:24:02 AM »
Yeah I fully mean to follow instructions and keep social distancing, but on a beautiful clear spring day, it's really tempting to be lulled into the idea that everything is fine.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4151 on: April 28, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »
We had a few days of a steady decrease in positive cases in my province but in the last 24 hours, there was another spike.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4152 on: April 28, 2020, 02:58:16 PM »
We've had a few spikes again and I bet they match the temperature highs when adjusted for incubation periods. Utter fucking madness.

And one of the problems is that none of us is immune to the lure either. It's not forbidden so yeah, why not go outside, why not play a round of golf or go shopping for a summer jacket? Or test the social distancing in place at the favourite restaurant? Or buy furniture at fucking IKEA?

If the guidelines were rules, if they fined us for breaking them, maybe things would change, but no, they think we're doing just fine. Maybe a few too many deaths at old people's homes and care facilities, but the other countries will have those deaths later, right? In Sweden, we have a model.

And they miss the one thing that is why we do all those things now: we buy ourselves time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4153 on: April 28, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
We've had a few spikes again and I bet they match the temperature highs when adjusted for incubation periods. Utter fucking madness.

And one of the problems is that none of us is immune to the lure either. It's not forbidden so yeah, why not go outside, why not play a round of golf or go shopping for a summer jacket? Or test the social distancing in place at the favourite restaurant? Or buy furniture at fucking IKEA?

If the guidelines were rules, if they fined us for breaking them, maybe things would change, but no, they think we're doing just fine. Maybe a few too many deaths at old people's homes and care facilities, but the other countries will have those deaths later, right? In Sweden, we have a model.

And they miss the one thing that is why we do all those things now: we buy ourselves time.
We have all of those restrictions in place and we still had a spike. But, I wouldn't be surprised if this coincided with Easter weekend when people probably gathered even though they were told not to.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4154 on: April 28, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »
Texas and other republitard states are opening up many business with supposed "restrictions" on spacing and numbers.   HELLO SECOND WAVE OF INFECTIONS.