Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84175 times)

Genesis and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4125 on: April 19, 2020, 03:09:17 PM »
A good day to hike a local nature preserve!
I wish that was an option here but they've all been closed and the fines for using them are hefty.

Here it's ok, as long as they are not crowded.  And we took great pains to find lesser known places to hike.  If it had been crowded we would have turned around and tried another alternative. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4126 on: April 20, 2020, 01:14:02 AM »
People are out and about in hordes here. Not the right way to self isolate.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #4127 on: April 20, 2020, 07:38:24 AM »
Just noticed that the people who are taking a bus in London all have to go through the back doors and they would not need to pay to go anywhere.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4128 on: April 20, 2020, 12:22:53 PM »
Wouldn't want to travel by bus right now. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4129 on: April 20, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
I hate fishing.  :fish2:
:skywarp:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4130 on: April 20, 2020, 10:38:23 PM »
I wish that was an option here but they've all been closed and the fines for using them are hefty.

I merely parked my car within the vague vicinity of a park (and then walked the other direction) and had a cop suspiciously pulling up to the vehicle.

So I'm resorting to taking the cub to less conspicuous places for a walk. Like random other neighbourhoods. And graveyards.  :LOL:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4131 on: April 21, 2020, 12:40:17 AM »
Graveyards FTW. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4132 on: April 21, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »
Graveyards FTW. :laugh:

We have some nice old and scenic graveyards not far from here.  They make nice quiet walking places and usually very few people around. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4133 on: April 21, 2020, 11:29:31 AM »

I merely parked my car within the vague vicinity of a park (and then walked the other direction) and had a cop suspiciously pulling up to the vehicle.

So I'm resorting to taking the cub to less conspicuous places for a walk. Like random other neighbourhoods. And graveyards.  :LOL:

My mom and I always went on walks through the graveyards.  We used to love it, we used to randomly "adopt" some of the neglected older graves and trim around them, planting flowers etc. Sprucing the place up a bit. :laugh:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4134 on: April 21, 2020, 12:26:42 PM »

My mom and I always went on walks through the graveyards.  We used to love it, we used to randomly "adopt" some of the neglected older graves and trim around them, planting flowers etc. Sprucing the place up a bit. :laugh:
Me too!!! I still do this! :)
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4135 on: April 21, 2020, 09:00:50 PM »
Variscite is really under apprechiated  :zombiefuck:

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4136 on: April 21, 2020, 10:55:39 PM »
I'm trying to make it easier for her to get a higher score on Scrabble, and she still isn't getting it.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4137 on: April 22, 2020, 07:30:17 AM »

Me too (walks in graveyards with Mum. Wow! do all Mums taje their kids on walks through graveyards?  :LOL:) That's a great idea, sprucing them up :)  but they don't seem to let people do that in English graveyards. I mean, you're not allowed to actually plant things on the graves, only  leave cut  flowers, which rapidly wilt and die, ofc,  so they don't exactly help with keeping the graveyard pretty , not unless you're a very regular visitor  (with a very large garden or plently of money to spend at the florist) . So the older parts of cemetaries tend to be rather more gloomy than they might be. though the headstones are a lot more varied and intersting.

My local cemetary has a "garden of remembrance"where people can scatter ashes . That's planted up and maintained really nicely. I wouldn't mnd winding up there.  the last thing I 'd want is for my family to feel obliged to tend a traditional grave, then feel sad and guilty when they can't keep it up.   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:34:10 AM by Walkie »

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4138 on: April 22, 2020, 08:22:34 AM »
a couple of days back, i encountered my neighbour from two floors up, on my way to the communal bins.

""You know that man above you, the screamer? "'  she began (she calls him this because he screams, for unknown reasons, at random intervals; and is otherise a very odd person). 'Well, yesterday he was cooking fresh mint"
"How do you know it was him?"' i enquired ( a little nervously , because her intonation seemed to suggest there was something antisocial about this activity. And I had cooked with fresh mint on the day in question)
"Because I see everything and i smell everything" she intoned  menacingly,  and i seized on the chance to head off in a different direction.
Well , two days later , I plucked up the courage to admit that I was cooking fresh mint on the day in question, so it was probably my cooking odours she smelled.
""Oh were you? she beamed.  ""Well that makes more sense.  I thought it was a very unusual choice for him . His cooking odours are usually really unpleasant: garlic, onions, meat"
*phew*
We're a very odd lot around here :LOL: I probably fit right in *sigh*.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #4139 on: April 22, 2020, 11:58:19 AM »
Epidote reminds me of Tourmaline