Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3960 on: March 22, 2020, 03:36:42 PM »
Enjoy your time together!

We are all still working, although the two kids are on reduced hours. We still have more than normal time to spend together.

Really glad I no longer work for Best Buy! Even though they have stepped up on their own to pay employees who are staying home due to having kids out of school or feeling sick, etc. no customers are allowed inside the store. It has become a curb service stop. All employees are there working voluntarily, but with enhanced pay.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 03:38:22 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3961 on: March 22, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »
We are. Everyone home and healthy, so far. 
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3962 on: March 23, 2020, 12:50:27 AM »
I hope the US can avoid the situation that Italy finds itself in.

Australia is going to start heading into winter soon. That's when infection rates might soar.

I am in self quarantine. Boring. Can't even go for a walk or go shopping.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3963 on: March 23, 2020, 05:19:53 AM »
What is with these armchair statisticians who think the mortality rate for this thing is overblown?

I just gave one a link to the CDC epidemiology theory and told them to knock themselves out with a calculator LOL.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3964 on: March 23, 2020, 05:59:58 AM »

Australia is going to start heading into winter soon. That's when infection rates might soar.

The numbers out of the US is already worse than what Italy was at the same time period. I'm on day 11 of self quarantine. I gave myself a week for sloth mode but then I had to make a daily schedule to follow to have some balance.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #3965 on: March 23, 2020, 04:46:14 PM »

The numbers out of the US is already worse than what Italy was at the same time period. I'm on day 11 of self quarantine. I gave myself a week for sloth mode but then I had to make a daily schedule to follow to have some balance.

Yep, thanks to trumpolini and his sycophants.  We're behind the eight ball.  So individual states are calling their own shut downs.  And trumpolini is attacking them.  He is a fucking asshole.  But, the magatards here will be happy!   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3966 on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:50 PM »
Went for a walk to the foreshore and there were loads of people down there drinking coffee from cafés that no longer have seating. So they were sitting on the foreshore benches or on the grass in the shade.

Also, on the way there I passed Centrelink and the line from there extended all the way to the corner. These are people that have to apply for benefits because they no longer have jobs.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #3967 on: March 23, 2020, 09:37:13 PM »

I'm at an attempt of self quarantine.. so far it's somewhat decent.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3968 on: March 24, 2020, 02:03:28 AM »
Went for a walk to the foreshore and there were loads of people down there drinking coffee from cafés that no longer have seating. So they were sitting on the foreshore benches or on the grass in the shade.

Also, on the way there I passed Centrelink and the line from there extended all the way to the corner. These are people that have to apply for benefits because they no longer have jobs.

I noticed this yesterday too, instead they were mulling around in a circle outside the cafe like a bunch of loitering teens. Stupidity finds a way.

The analysts are predicting that the unemployment rate won't go over 7.5% but I reckon that figure will be four times that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3969 on: March 24, 2020, 02:39:22 AM »
They postponed the project I was working in, and so now I'm officially out of work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3970 on: March 25, 2020, 09:04:23 AM »
They postponed the project I was working in, and so now I'm officially out of work.
Good luck Odeon!

The Indiana Governor is closing "everything," beginning today, this past midnight.
I spoke too soon about my daughter's job. They decided yesterday to shut down many of the locations in central Indiana.

So, as a result of shutting down a thriving restaurant, you have to do something with all the food you had planned to cook this week.
They are getting rid of everything, including all the food, napkins, menus, condiments, upholstered chairs, etc. so they can "sanitize the entire restaurant."  Basically, everything that is not made of stainless steel that they can not pressure wash with bleach or is nailed down in some way, has to go.

On a more positive note, my daughter came home with four large "big brown grocery bags" which the restaurant used for carry out items, full of frozen meats and potatoes all ready to thaw and cook.

Bounty is huge, including two restaurant sized seven pound meatloaves, two large bags (twenty pounds) of frozen chicken breasts, two bags of frozen bread dough for rolls (quite a bit of prep to turn that into bread, but I am glad to have them), a few fresh fruits, some frozen fruits (used for berry pie filling),  a few condiment things, like butter honey and crap.

The locations planning to close had already donated most everything to their regular food kitchens and charities where all their daily leftovers and overbuys go, but the last five working employees got a bit of the charity as well. That was just her part of five employees grabbing the last of the food from the restaurant.

I still have some freezer space, but wow. What a haul.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:45:32 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3971 on: March 25, 2020, 11:29:57 AM »
Good luck Odeon!

Thanks mate.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3972 on: March 27, 2020, 06:54:22 AM »

Yep, thanks to trumpolini and his sycophants.  We're behind the eight ball.  So individual states are calling their own shut downs.  And trumpolini is attacking them.  He is a fucking asshole.  But, the magatards here will be happy!   ::)
They've now, unfortunately, topped every country in the world with their numbers. Including China, Spain and Italy. Awful.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3973 on: March 27, 2020, 07:58:32 AM »
The US also has a much higher population than Italy or Spain. I don't want to downplay the threat but that particular statistic doesn't seem meaningful.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3974 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42:12 AM »
The US also has a much higher population than Italy or Spain. I don't want to downplay the threat but that particular statistic doesn't seem meaningful.
No, that's very true. But I also think that if he had acted more quickly (he was briefed on it 3 months ago and chose to ignore it), he could have worked towards flattening the curve vs smashing through the top of it. That's really what my main point is. At the very least to offer some kind of reprieve for an already overwhelmed healthcare system. Places like Chicago and are now entertaining the idea of DNR for all COVID-19 patients, regardless of age, in order to protect their nursing staff.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad