Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84214 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3840 on: December 13, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
Fun Fact: Just performed on Saturday night a Scandinavian themed choral performance. I've learned to sing in so many languages this past season!
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #3841 on: December 13, 2018, 05:47:43 PM »
People tend to be really timid. Like the un-tamed wild...their anxiety spikes in crowds, and then they act strangely.

I've noticed this. Its weird how quickly the mask goes up when people are in crowds.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3842 on: December 13, 2018, 05:49:09 PM »
People tend to be really timid. Like the un-tamed wild...their anxiety spikes in crowds, and then they act strangely.

I've noticed this. Its weird how quickly the mask goes up when people are in crowds.
Which is why I try to avoid crowds. I have this thing with lack of authenticity.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3843 on: December 13, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »
Well, each to her own. I grew up with snow and long winters, but I would probably not miss it if I never saw it again.
Personally don't miss winter at all.

I grew up without any winter weather.  A cold day in January meant that it clouded up for a few days and got down into the fifties and rained for two or three days straight AND everyone got out their subzero parkas and insulated vests or not.
There were lots of folks who were completely immune to that cold fifty degree drizzly weather. I was one. I had a waterproof wind breaker I kept in the car, just in case.
That was the tip of south Texas. McAllen, which has been in national news a bit lately, due to the mass influx of illegals in the area.

I honestly do not want to do the whole    :odeon:    thing, because it has always been a kind of free zone for passage where relatives were just uniting families and I support that, but things have changed lately.

Getting used to a fierce Indiana winter was a process for me. The fall was the worst though. I know, everyone else LOVES the fall, but to me, it meant like a BAD winter storm where it might hit the forties every five or ten years and literally everything turned brown and died.
So convincing ME that the fall was a good thing (Uhm - SADS) was even more difficult than trying to convince me that winter meant some kind of re-birth.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:03:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #3844 on: December 13, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »

Which is why I try to avoid crowds. I have this thing with lack of authenticity.

Yeah, I can relate. I end up becoming extra silly in crowds (the resident fool), just to try and help people to relax. I've also noticed that people drink alcohol to help let loose, but if there's no alcohol they don't seem to remember how to relax.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3845 on: December 13, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »

Yeah, I can relate. I end up becoming extra silly in crowds (the resident fool), just to try and help people to relax. I've also noticed that people drink alcohol to help let loose, but if there's no alcohol they don't seem to remember how to relax.
Agreed.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3846 on: December 16, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »
I spent 5 years living in the deep south of the US and I realized I missed it immensely. I guess you can take the woman out of Canada but you can't take Canada out of the woman?? Something like that....  :nerdy:

:indeed:

Never going back to live in a sub/tropical climate if I can help it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3847 on: December 16, 2018, 11:13:37 PM »
Only have ever spent a few months in igloo land. Living here in Indiana I sometimes miss my south Texas weather, usually in January.
Nothing like walking out to your back yard with a cup of coffee, wondering if the fog is this thick everywhere and pulling a fresh ripe orange off one of your trees.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3848 on: December 17, 2018, 02:06:29 PM »
I'd really love it, if I could hear one of your vocals recordings, miss K.

That'd SOOOOOoooooo give me that squeebly feeling. Lots and lots of squeebles. Yes, yes it would :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3849 on: December 17, 2018, 06:37:54 PM »
I'd really love it, if I could hear one of your vocals recordings, miss K.

That'd SOOOOOoooooo give me that squeebly feeling. Lots and lots of squeebles. Yes, yes it would :)
If anything was recorded from the concert, I'll share it. Haven't seen anything yet though.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3850 on: December 17, 2018, 09:25:24 PM »
You could always record a solo. I bet you  have a beautiful,  totally squeeblicious voice. Like molten honey dripping from a bag full of sweeties. Only far more scrummy:) If that smile you have is anything to go by, oh  damn, I bet you sound  wonderful.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3851 on: December 20, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »
There are some big icicles hanging from the tunnel ceiling on the parkway,  big enough to break a windshield if they fell
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3852 on: December 20, 2018, 01:50:48 PM »
There are some big icicles hanging from the tunnel ceiling on the parkway,  big enough to break a windshield if they fell
:o

Why hasn't the city cleared them yet? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3853 on: December 20, 2018, 07:25:53 PM »
Probably did later in the day I went through early in the AM northbound,  the southbound tunnel didn't have any on my way home.  Both leak badly when it rains and need a major renovations
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #3854 on: December 30, 2019, 09:46:30 PM »
EBM was here this month. Changed his avatar, but didn't post.