Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84175 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3795 on: August 25, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »
Ah, so that's what posting in the mirror means.

I think we already established that he isn't very bright.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3796 on: August 25, 2018, 01:19:35 AM »
Here's a stack of Dolby processors and other cinema sound equipment in the booth. Dolby processors are an obsession of mine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3797 on: August 25, 2018, 01:24:59 AM »
Tell me odeot, how does your own shit taste like, being licked off a nigger's cock??

Oh, shock humour!  Very good.  Thank you sir.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #3798 on: August 25, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »
Dang, I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

Did you ignore my posts from the early days of this site??

I posted updates of our race teams on an almost weekly basis.

I was also briefly on a reality TV show, Driving Force which aired on A&E.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3799 on: August 26, 2018, 12:27:13 AM »
Everyone's got their fifteen minutes of fame.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3800 on: August 26, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »
Lots of people volunteer to help someone move but very few ever show up :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3801 on: August 26, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »
I'm one of those people who used to always get "volunteered" to help people move.

One of my friends still remembers when I helped him and his ex-wife move into a flat and I carried their washing machine up 6 flights of stairs by myself.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3802 on: August 26, 2018, 07:05:46 PM »
I'm one of those people who used to always get "volunteered" to help people move.

One of my friends still remembers when I helped him and his ex-wife move into a flat and I carried their washing machine up 6 flights of stairs by myself.

Is that why you walk so silly?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3803 on: August 26, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »

Is that why you walk so silly?

:)

If I tried that today I probably wouldn't be able to walk for a month, silly or not. I don't have the core strength or leg strength any more, although I still have the long arms.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #3804 on: November 18, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
Scrap is an Uber Beast Postwhore.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3805 on: November 18, 2018, 04:02:28 PM »
Odd sight this morning   an older woman in a black dress and a fur coat riding an old fashion bicycle with a package on the back  at 730 this morning  :apondering:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3806 on: November 19, 2018, 12:25:58 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3807 on: November 19, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »
Dang, I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

Did you ignore my posts from the early days of this site??

I posted updates of our race teams on an almost weekly basis.

I was also briefly on a reality TV show, Driving Force which aired on A&E.

Probably, yeah. There were a lot of other things going on.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3808 on: November 19, 2018, 11:56:29 PM »
My doctor's surgery really PISSES me off sometimes.

They have me as a patient with known specific prescription needs, they know what meds, what dose, and how often, and are meant to get them ready the friday before they are due on monday.  This time I had to get a cab to take me from my place to the surgery and then into the nearby village to get the scripts  to the early/late opening pharmacy, and what the fuck...they had ONLY printed off my pain med script, two  different morphine preparations, and oxycodone IR, but they hadn't bothered to print off my antiseizure  meds,  the benzo script [which is fucking irresponsible, and  could really easily cause a patient SERIOUS and acutely dangerous health issues if they had to go without benzos being on time, when they were  meant to take their next dose. I don't use it as frequently as prescribed, because I'm not willing  to fuck around allowing it to make me physically dependent, but  if I followed the advice of the script as to how much to take and when, I would have been dependent long ago. Benzo WD isn't just unpleasant, but potentially lethal, or if not fatal, there is potential for permanent neurological damage from physical withdrawal)

Nor did they bother with clonidine  or tizanidine, which they should also have done, my stomach meds, anything, just the pain meds.

So I had to wait, too, just for the pain meds, costing me more money for the fucking cab, because the doctor hadn't signed the fucking things. And ONLY got given the pain med script. Had to take them, or I'd have gotten sick as a result, was already beginning to feel pretty uncomfortable, so I grabbed those and went to pick them up in the cab.

Then the moment I got home, the pharmacy phoned me saying the surgery had realized they fucked it up, and the pharmacy would have the meds owing delivered within a few hours, which they did.

Only, the muscle relaxant, tizanidine (a relative of clonidine, alpha2 adrenergic autoreceptor agonist which inhibits noradrenaline release, also an imidazoline receptor agonist), I'm meant to be taking 1x4mg tablet 5xdaily. The stupid bastards  did the script for ONE tablet. For a week......WTF????

So I'm going to have to call the surgery tomorrow and chew them out for it, get them to fax the rest to the pharmacy and have the pharmacy deliver.

That isn't an addictive med, but it can cause a physical rebound if suddenly stopped, that results in severe hypertension and a lot of physical  discomfort.

Going to have to call them out on some  pain med coverage from the other week extra they should have given me but didn't (meant to give me 6x30mg morphine for four days, but instead, gave me four capsules, total. Only reason I didn't get in any trouble as a result was that two doctors each, it seems, knew that additional oxycodone IR was also to be done, and  BOTH of them did a script for it, and as a result I ended up with it being doubled, and just managed to scrape by thanks to their fuckup.  And call them for a new seizure rescue pack, as I'm out of rescue med doses and only have the prophylaxis daily dosing ATM. So  need a new  rescue bottle.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3809 on: November 20, 2018, 03:59:02 PM »
I quite frequently see Scrap online when I'm online. However, he seldom replies to my replies to him while I'm still online.

- Albert Einstein