Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84189 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3435 on: November 09, 2016, 07:36:27 PM »
^ yep.  :LOL:

I sometimes wonder if Lestat has somehow managed to post his reply on the wrong thread? or maybe he's hallucinating posts? I dunno .
Thinking he was responding to the gopher; the lack of quoting before responding sometimes makes posts seem directionless.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #3436 on: November 09, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

I sometimes wonder if Lestat has somehow managed to post his reply on the wrong thread? or maybe he's hallucinating posts? I dunno .

It is what it is..........if you were expecting aspergianisland.....well....prepare to be disappointed!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #3437 on: November 09, 2016, 08:48:13 PM »

Still, I'm gonna take potshots in passing when I see a big neon passive aggressive target painted on a post.

How many passive-agrressives does it take to screw in a light bulb?  :orly:

Nevermind, I'll do it myself.  :zoinks:

This gave me a good laugh to start the day.  I guess you're good for something.  :laugh: :trollface:

That's great. Just don't be telling people I'm good for anything.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3438 on: November 09, 2016, 10:09:21 PM »

It is what it is..........if you were expecting aspergianisland.....well....prepare to be disappointed!
Hey! if i was expecting AI , then I wouldn't be here at all. i got completely disillusioned with that den of neurotics and narcissists , remember?   :LOL:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3439 on: November 10, 2016, 02:09:07 AM »
Lestat often does not read timestamps. He can react on a two year old post, without quoting it. Quoting would make a difference.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:16:50 AM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3440 on: November 10, 2016, 03:11:52 AM »
Lestat often does not read timestamps. He can react on a two year old post, without quoting it. Quoting would make a difference.
I have suggested to Lestat before that he quote but I don't know if he read it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3441 on: November 10, 2016, 03:58:22 AM »
I have suggested to Lestat before that he quote but I don't know if he read it.
Don't think the thought of quoting crosses his mind, the moment he starts writing.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3442 on: November 10, 2016, 08:22:57 AM »
Yeah my bad, I should have quoted. And renneh, hadn't seen your post about timestamps. Sometimes old things have come up in my unread posts bit, if theres a backlog. Unintentional. I'd hoped it would have been obvious I was responding to the gopher.

And I guess the reason for not taking much note of timestamps, might be due to my severe dyscalculia/borderline acalculia but not quite. Its actually really difficult to read, let alone do anything WITH numbers. So I kinda don't actually even know where the timestamps ARE, I'd have to go and look at two posts in sequence to even find them, I off the top of my head, have no idea. Don't need to be told I can find them. But yes. Shit happens, no harm done.

And hey QV? how you doing? and how is PR? Hope your doing good, and of course, she is in my thoughts.

And don't you worry, my parade, it hasnae' been pissed on. (QV will know what I mean), my 'parade' is doing just fine. Although one of the marching band is just about to march off to go play videogames, guy must have ADD or something. Whilst another is about to go reagent and glassware shopping, he would rather like some sodium, potassium and calcium metal. Barium and strontium too if he can find either at a good price, and in actual lab use quantities rather than mere few chips and slices in inert gas filled ampoules as element collection samples. When it comes to time to building the element collection frame, Lestat is going to do all from scratch and have PROPER display samples, but for the most part those elements will be going to be put to a good use:)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3443 on: November 10, 2016, 10:00:03 AM »

I remember aspergianisland.  I loved the island picture on the homepage.  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #3444 on: November 10, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »

I remember aspergianisland.  I loved the island picture on the homepage.  :apondering:

It was a good place for awhile, then it descended into chaos and imploded.  And the owner had a big hand in that.  She made me the one and only Admin.  without even asking me or telling me.  I just signed on one day and BAM there it was.  I had access to all admin. powers and stuff.  I tried to pm Crucibelle, to thank her for her "confidence" in me.  But, then again, I was the only regular left.  Everybody had either been banned or walked away.  Basically, my one main job that I did was get rid of the spambots....all 1200+ of them.  I unbanned a couple of people, that crucibelle had forgotten why she banned them.  The site was pretty dead before she finally pulled the plug by not spending any more money on it.  Btw, it took her nearly a month before she responded to my PM.   :dunno:    And yes, it was quite a den of neurotics and a few narcissists.   :laugh:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #3445 on: November 10, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »
I noticed Janicka has a birthday coming up and checked her profile. Then I started to recall her and her posts and sent her a PM.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3446 on: November 11, 2016, 04:23:07 AM »
I noticed Janicka has a birthday coming up and checked her profile. Then I started to recall her and her posts and sent her a PM.
I noticed as well but she hasn't been here for a few years. She was cool.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #3447 on: November 11, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »
I noticed as well but she hasn't been here for a few years. She was cool.

Yes...she was!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3448 on: November 11, 2016, 05:43:38 PM »
When your vehicle is REALLY low on gas it does the almost stall as your driving when the fuel pump sucks air :zombiefuck:

I thought I had another 20 miles or so on the tank of gas and didn't want to get it with the trailer hooked up, when it started doing this pulled into the next gas station and filled up putting  34.96 gallons in my 35 gallon tank   :fp:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #3449 on: November 11, 2016, 07:13:38 PM »
When your vehicle is REALLY low on gas it does the almost stall as your driving when the fuel pump sucks air :zombiefuck:

I thought I had another 20 miles or so on the tank of gas and didn't want to get it with the trailer hooked up, when it started doing this pulled into the next gas station and filled up putting  34.96 gallons in my 35 gallon tank   :fp:
Am really bad about putting off gas, also bad about forgetting about gas which makes the procrastination worse. There's been a few times when the remaining miles counter read zero, and had no idea how long it had been on zero. It's a moment of realization in total panic to find the nearest station. Have never actually stalled yet though. Husband said my car should be named Maxwell, because it's good to the last drop. :laugh: