Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #3165 on: June 14, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »
Driving down in the rich part of the state today and noticed there was a Bentley dealer on one side of the road and diagonally across from it was a Ferrari dealer  :zombiefuck:

No Jag dealer?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3166 on: June 14, 2016, 03:47:04 PM »
five sided items fit best (not perfectly) together in threes.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3167 on: June 14, 2016, 06:07:58 PM »
Driving down in the rich part of the state today and noticed there was a Bentley dealer on one side of the road and diagonally across from it was a Ferrari dealer  :zombiefuck:

No Jag dealer?
That is a couple towns over towards NYC, although I did pass a Mercedes and  an Audi dealership   a few blocks before the Bentley dealer.  The town is Greenwich Ct it's one of the richest in the country.  Here's a link Zillow a real estate company with maps showing the homes for sale as well as estimates on the other properties Link it's incredible,  my house would be worth more than double if it was down there.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3168 on: June 14, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

No Jag dealer?
That is a couple towns over towards NYC, although I did pass a Mercedes and  an Audi dealership   a few blocks before the Bentley dealer.  The town is Greenwich Ct it's one of the richest in the country.  Here's a link Zillow a real estate company with maps showing the homes for sale as well as estimates on the other properties Link it's incredible,  my house would be worth more than double if it was down there.

Damn.  :o

When do they have their clean up days?  I would love to go trash picking there. :autism:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3169 on: June 14, 2016, 10:55:12 PM »

No Jag dealer?

When do they have their clean up days?  I would love to go trash picking there. :autism:

One of my brothers had a business there and next door there was some sort of non profit thrift shop you would not believe the stuff he used to get there and out of the dumpster.  The best came out of the dumpster The complete works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle first edition two of the books were signed the rest initialed he got $1500 for them :o  Like I said that was the best but there were many others that were in the hundreds, he also used to do clean outs down there about half the stuff in his antique store when he opened came from those two sources
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3170 on: June 14, 2016, 11:34:30 PM »

No Jag dealer?

One of my brothers had a business there and next door there was some sort of non profit thrift shop you would not believe the stuff he used to get there and out of the dumpster.  The best came out of the dumpster The complete works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle first edition two of the books were signed the rest initialed he got $1500 for them :o  Like I said that was the best but there were many others that were in the hundreds, he also used to do clean outs down there about half the stuff in his antique store when he opened came from those two sources

I believe it.
Old money. You can tell by a lot of the homes.

Someone passes away and the kids/grandkids are clueless, or just really don't care.  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3171 on: June 15, 2016, 02:50:38 AM »
Someone passes away and the kids/grandkids are clueless, and just really don't care.  :P

Fixed. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3172 on: June 20, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »
  I had novocaine injections in my gums today before having teeth drilled.  Despite the topical numbing gel,
   I still felt the needle.  As my brother once observed, it feels as if it's going right through your face.
   I kind of like the pain.  It's fleeting.  It's ... interesting.  Sometimes it makes my eyes water. :trollskull:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3173 on: June 20, 2016, 10:40:24 PM »
  I had novocaine injections in my gums today before having teeth drilled.  Despite the topical numbing gel,
   I still felt the needle.  As my brother once observed, it feels as if it's going right through your face.
   I kind of like the pain.  It's fleeting.  It's ... interesting.  Sometimes it makes my eyes water. :trollskull:

I remember one visit to the dentist.  I told him I could feel what he was doing.  He insisted i was numbed.  The next time I felt something I bit him.  We dicided to part company after that visit.

Gave blood today and had the worst stick of my life.  I actually yelped. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3174 on: June 20, 2016, 11:05:10 PM »

I remember one visit to the dentist.  I told him I could feel what he was doing.  He insisted i was numbed.  The next time I felt something I bit him.  We dicided to part company after that visit.

Don't you hate idiots who presume to tell you what's going on in your nervous system?  >:(

Sorry about the stick.  Are your veins far below the surface?  Mine are nice and big!  :autism:

People forget.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3175 on: June 20, 2016, 11:46:57 PM »

i used to have cavities done with no numbing.
bad sticks suck
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3176 on: June 20, 2016, 11:48:51 PM »
there seems to be a new hair fashion. grey hair. saw two young women with what looked like badly done grey hair. blue in places. i guess all the other colors got old.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3177 on: June 20, 2016, 11:55:10 PM »
there seems to be a new hair fashion. grey hair. saw two young women with what looked like badly done grey hair. blue in places. i guess all the other colors got old.

I've seen that.  Wannabes.  I have a few of my own natural grays.  :M

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3178 on: June 21, 2016, 02:20:19 AM »

i used to have cavities done with no numbing.
bad sticks suck

No numbing for me when getting cavities fixed.

Only for extraction, and even then, no novocaine. It stays in my system way too long. Both the feel of the needle and the numbing sensation. Don't have the guts to experience that in my mouth. (Last time they used novocaine on me, the effects took half a year to taper off).

@ QV, my dentist did not believe the things I could feel and would not feel. But, he decided to follow my directions after a while, and noticed I can feel things going wrong in my teeth that other people cannot feel. Also that indeed, I can get my root canals inflamed without going through the roof with pain. I feel what happens, but it is not pain. I now wait till all canals are dead, before I get it fixed. Then I won't need any numbing.
 :hyke:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3179 on: June 21, 2016, 02:27:36 AM »

Yup, it comes with a blueish or violet haze. First there is massive bleaching, but because there most of the times is a bit of yellow remaining, they ad some blue or violet to neutralise the yellow.

In my village there are only three now and then going for "weird" colours in their hair.
But since the grey is an option, there are quite a few "grey" people walking around.

So, in stead of other colours going old, this could be for people who don't have the guts to go for green or purple, yet they want to stand out, in a mild and "sophisticated" way.