Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84212 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2745 on: June 14, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »

Kind of sore (muscles not used lately). Did some ladder climbing and roping and sawing.

Been dinkin'  'round with various saws that I can use and finally chose one that kicks ass. It is one-hand or two hand and it saws through maple or hickory branches the size of my forearm in mere seconds.

Electric (requires a power cable) hand held "reciprocating" bad ass little mofo! I am not a professional tree trimmer. I do not need some gasoline powered behemoth that will last two thousand years. I just need something that will kick fucking ass when I have the will and energy to apply to certain tasks, like ravaging an offensively fast growing "shit-maple,"  for instance.

Still got sore though with my first outing.
Love it!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2746 on: June 14, 2015, 11:31:40 PM »
Coffee machine reset itself, somehow. Had to start the day by fixing it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2747 on: June 17, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »

Not really trying to rock out on the trees as much as I am trying to "get used to using muscles I have not used in a couple of years."

... but, I have made a bit of progress in turning an annoying, fast growing, worthless maple tree into a hatrack.

The wood is fine to use for barbecue smoke and I will make use of it, but it is pretty much a pain in the ass if it shades my pool in summer.

Anyway, I like my ladder. I like my saw. Muscles being sore from over use feels a little good as well.

:headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2748 on: June 17, 2015, 07:19:15 PM »
I saw two idiots try and move a fully loaded 30 yard dumpster, about 8-10 tons, with some cheep rope tripled up tied to a pick up with predictable results well at least nobody was hurt,  I stood well away behind a big plastic bin just shaking my head
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2749 on: June 17, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »
Was behind a SUV in traffic advertised as paranormal investigators.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #2750 on: June 17, 2015, 08:14:38 PM »
Saw a couple of cop cars go by with flashing lights, no siren, then an ambulance and fire truck, same thing, just flashing lights, no siren.  Took a walk to the next street to see what was going on and saw them on the corner of a loop street with a small crowd of people standing outside the house where they seemed to be. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2751 on: June 17, 2015, 08:39:54 PM »
Saw a couple of cop cars go by with flashing lights, no siren, then an ambulance and fire truck, same thing, just flashing lights, no siren.  Took a walk to the next street to see what was going on and saw them on the corner of a loop street with a small crowd of people standing outside the house where they seemed to be.

Did the people have flashing lights and silent sirens also?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #2752 on: June 18, 2015, 05:58:19 AM »

Did the people have flashing lights and silent sirens also?

Who knows.   :dunno:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2753 on: June 18, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
Found a vinyl version of a great blues album:

I already owned the CD, but I was not going to leave this lay in some tawdry North Indy record store. FFS!!!

I wish you all could "FEEL"  this album; it fucking Rocks!!

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #2754 on: June 18, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »
I saw two idiots try and move a fully loaded 30 yard dumpster, about 8-10 tons, with some cheep rope tripled up tied to a pick up with predictable results well at least nobody was hurt,  I stood well away behind a big plastic bin just shaking my head

Did they tie it to the bumper?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2755 on: June 18, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »

They tied it to the trailer hitch at least.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2756 on: June 24, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »

Today, I saw one of those (completely ridiculous, mind you, except for the entire "COOL" factor and all) Giant Super Extreme  (surely there are more adjectives to describe this thing, but that is what they call them)  massive pick up trucks made from a semi tractor chassis.

I will see if I can find a pick of one.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2757 on: June 24, 2015, 08:40:04 PM »
Here we go:

These are all custom built on a huge truck chassis, but they are turned into "show car" type things with insulated and upholstered leather interiors, instead of burlap seats and rubber floors.

The one I saw today was gold with bronze flames and about the size of a huge dump truck (ten feet tall, eight feet across), but it was styled as a luxury pick up truck.

So offensively American!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2758 on: June 25, 2015, 10:06:05 AM »
Here we go:

These are all custom built on a huge truck chassis, but they are turned into "show car" type things with insulated and upholstered leather interiors, instead of burlap seats and rubber floors.

The one I saw today was gold with bronze flames and about the size of a huge dump truck (ten feet tall, eight feet across), but it was styled as a luxury pick up truck.

So offensively American!

Wow.

If I hit on the lottery, I am seriously getting one of those. :autism:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2759 on: June 25, 2015, 10:07:18 AM »

They tied it to the trailer hitch at least.

You should have filmed that with the dashcam.

I would have. :LOL: